Main Menu

Shpinxes

Started by Diresz, November 06, 2004, 12:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diresz

the dudes in RM are giving me hell becuase there kos i cant talk or turn any thing in to them how do i get faction so they will speak with me?

Volsykat

When you first hail Ank, you get an immense faction boost, and then as you continue the cycles you get much more -- you start warmly from the first boost and hit ally after killing the first sphinx mob that attacks and doing the turn-in to Zaz.  Just hail Ank and zone out to clear aggro and come back and you should be warmly, but keep other people away, he will aggro them.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

zumu

as an ogre beast, i had to use my woodelf illusion (crown o deceit) to get faction enough to do the first part. they Really dont like ogres. so if youve done the first hail, gotten your faction and zoned out to clear aggro, then gone back and your faction is still kos just grab a chanter or an illusion pot.

Diresz

i not geting any faction hit from hailing him

Diresz

this sucks wont talk to me wont give me faction when i hail and i have to Broch

Damim

I ended up having a chanter charm him for me to hail, then relogged and came back.  Once the enchanter was out of range and he went back to his spawn spot, it was all good.

Damim
70th Wildblood, Tarew Marr

Nimbin

I was KoS to the first sphinx Ank, I did not get any faction message by hailing.  I hailed it anyway and it started attacking me but I zoned out and came back in and just proceed to start the series of text and it ended up working.  I ran over to the other sphinx Zaz (happened to be ally) did the text there and killed the Rambling sphinx.  I go back to Ank and he starts beating on me again, I hail him and he asked what I have obtained (meaning the silk scarf) and I am not able to turn it in, it gets rejected saying he has no need for it.  I tried zoning out and back in but it did not work.

I think I'll go back and try with a human potion or have a chanter charm it, not druid charmable btw.  I forgot to try the open trade window/invis technique, that might work also.

Jikaabx

What kind of force is needed for the critters spawned by these 2?  Are they 1 groupable?

Volsykat

Easily, they're high hp but low output...I did'em with shm, cleric, druid, me, druid, zerk and we just chatted as we killed them, they just take awhile.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Oscurro

I did this with just myself and a shaman.  The last turn in got bugged though  :(

The sphinx wouldn't respond to hails and didn't give me anything when I handed over the ankh.  I came back 2 hours later and it was still just lying on the ground.
Predator   Oscurro Cazador  
Cestus Dei
Veeshan

Bokrogg

Does anyone have any more info on how to get past this faction problem for ogres?   As an young ogre, I hunted the beetles on Ankefenmut faction for a few levels.  I'm not sure if this is the reason I'm so kos with him, the fact that I'm an ogre, or both.  At any rate, simply hailing Ankefenmut and zoning doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Here's the text of my latest petition.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Ticket Details
---------------------
Sat Apr 09 14:27:42 2005

I am having troubles trying to complete the epic 1.5.  Ankefenmut cons scowling to me.  From what I've read I should be able to hail Ankefenmut and zone and my faction should be non-kos in order to do epic quest.  This was not the case.  To get around this I used puppet strings to charm Ankefenmut so that I could continue with quest dialog.  I was then able to hail Zazamoukh, spawn and kill the Rambling Sphynx Spiritservant, loot a Tarnished Ankh Piece, and turn it into Zazamoukh, receiving Sparkling Silk Scarf.  I then went back to Ankefenmut invis and turned in my Sparkling Silk Scarf to him quickly.  He fell on the ground, a Raving Sphynx Spiritservant spawned, and I was able to kill him without doing any damage to Ankefenmut or pet (who also aggroed me immediately).  I backed up before fighting but Ankefenmut aggroed me too fast.  I didn't kill Ankefenmut of even do damage though (I have pet hold and pet focus aas).  Anyway, I killed Raving Sphynx Spiritservant, and looted Sullied Ankh Piece.  After the fight I noticed Ankefenmut was now nonaggro to me (still cons scowling) and sitting in his normal spawn spot.  When I try to hand in Sullied Ankh Piece, Ankefenmut hands it back to me and says he has no need of it.  When I try to charm Ankefenmut with Puppet Strings I get a "Your spell will not take hold on target"  message.  Also the charge in counter on Puppet Strings does not decrease.  Please help.  I believe I've done all I can do to work with the faction issues for the epic 1.5 quest.  I had read old world faction would not be an issue with epic 1.5 in the pre-oow postings and discussions.  It looks like that is not the case for me.  I would like gm intervention to trade my Sullied Ankh Piece for a Gift of the Sphynx so I can continue with the epic 1.5 quest.

Comments
-------------------
Comment ID: 6785097
Sun Apr 10 05:44:05 2005
CS Agent:Greetings,
This is GM Nanahara.  Unfortunately I cannot assist you with your request as I am not permitted to disclose information about the game.  The best place to research this issue is with the Community of Everquest players.  Seek out your fellow adventurers and ask them for assistance, as many have extensive knowledge and experience with Norrath and may be able to help you.  On the Everquest website there is a list of links that contain some of the best information available.  Please do be aware thought that these information sites are not created or run by SOE thus there is no guarantee that all the information you may find will be correct.  The address of the links page is http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/links.jsp.  I wish you luck with your search for more knowledge of Norrath.

GM Nanahara 

Nimbin

If you scroll up a couple post you'll see I had the same problem being a KoS troll to Ankefenmut. 

But I was able to use a human illusion potion (or halfling) to do the turn in and complete that stage of the quest.  Hope that works. 

Gotog Ironskull

Ok I have the same problem.  I have killed the Rambling Sphinx.  Got the silk scarf.  gone to turn into Ankhefenmut finally got him to accept the Scarf then killed the Raving Sphinx.  Looted the Sullied Ankh Piece.  But go no reward?  Ankefenmut wont accept the Sullied Ank Piece.  Ran back to Zaza redid his kill now Ankh wont except the scarf eathier.  WTH

I'm an Oger Beastlord.  I hunted in Rath mtn for a few levels.  How can I continue this quest.

Is the Gift of the Sphinx and Item or just a flag.

Do I have to be in human illusion form to turn in th Sullied Ankh Piece to Ankefenmut?

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Nimbin

Once I got the scarf,  I believe I used the human potion for all dealings with Ankhefenmut.

Gotog Ironskull

got 3 doses of human form left will try this again.

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings