Main Menu

Final 1.5 fight tweaked on test...

Started by Tastian, November 10, 2004, 02:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

"The changes to the final fight - The fight has been adjusted on Test server, it was not reverted back to the way it was originally.  I don't know when this will be pushed to the live servers however I am guessing it will be next time we update which is supposed to be sometime in December.  If receive anymore info on this issue I will pass it along."

Things still might change before it goes live, but looks like the final epic fight should be adjusted again soon.  It doesn't appear to be as easy as it was at first, but now it's not as hard as it currently is either.

Volsykat

Well, this is good...anyone on Test try it yet?
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

zumu

i just dont get it, it isnt overly hard now.

Urim

No matter what they do, it seems people wont be happy unless they can do the entire epic solo or with 1 group of bazaar geared people.  :roll:
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Felidae

No one expects it single groupable.  I feel the current one is a bit tough.  Some feel it's easy but I just dont see that. The two hour windows make forming a force annoying - no force that size wants to wait and no force that size can just be thrown together. The difficulty of the event itself is bad enough that it's wiped decent sized forces from time flagged guilds on my server.   I just didnt expect the 1.5 epic to be like that.  It's a lot to expect to give a single person an item.  The same force could clear several OoW named in the same amount of time yeilding a dozen or so very good items. With server attrition as it is I hold little hope that my guild will trudge through the backlog of epic battles stacked up.

To me, the Monk 1.5 that requires the 7th Hammer is an extreme case of this.  It's just wrong expecting dozens of folks to grind through all the trials so that one person can get one piece of loot.

Volsykat

That was mostly my problem, attrition and the window.  The one time I've managed to have the people that *could* maybe manage this event (we'd just taken down Earthshaker), Farrel despawned as we were exiting the hallway.  Now, I've all but given up hope unless it drops to being 3-4 groupable with EPish gear, which is around tune with many of the other fights, because as it stands, I'd never get the forces to do it with the exodus's going on.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Stingite

/derail on . . .

QuoteTo me, the Monk 1.5 that requires the 7th Hammer is an extreme case of this. It's just wrong expecting dozens of folks to grind through all the trials so that one person can get one piece of loot.
I'm not too familiar with Monk 1.5, but I think when we did this for a few of our monks, 7th hammer was pulled to the zone in?!  I know I was up late, but I don't think I'm dreaming this up . . . huh . . . /shrug and /boggle  Sorry for the derail.

Rhutubok

No matter what they do, it seems people wont be happy unless every step of the epic requires the full support of a Tacvi/Anguish guild. :roll:

Rhutubok
Oger on Brell
Rhutubok Dreadpaw
65 Beasty of Brell

Tastian

Yeah you could just flag the monk and use some pulling to get them to the zone in hehe.

As far as timing the spawn I've never had issue just going to the spawn spot and seeing if the mob was up.  If they were wait for despawn, and start timer.  Once it's nearing 30(ish) mins till re-pop start getting people.  People show up, trigger, go fight.  

As for the difficulty of the fight, nope, lots will never be happy no matter what happens.  Some will say too easy, some will say too hard, some will say way too much emphasis on the final fight and not enough difficulty spread out in the rest of the epic, etc.  The fact though is sony admitted the fight got pushed live by accident and has retuned this so atleast for now the fight is harder than they want, and previously it was easier than they wanted.  How things will be once this is live I don't know.  All I know is some will still say it's too easy and some will still say it's too hard lol.

zumu

Quote from: FelidaeThe two hour windows make forming a force annoying - no force that size wants to wait and no force that size can just be thrown together.

perhaps its up to the beastlord to go to the ruined city, sit there until the turnin mob spawns / despawns, and be able to tell their friends / guild exactly what time the turnin will be available in advance. thats what i did at least, i cant imagine being so rude to my friends coming to help that id just chance it being up or despawning.

it most certainly is 3 - 4 groupable with EP gear.

Khelindros

Yah basically some people will say too easy, some too hard...it just varies. Everything about this fight and any other is variable. Depends on gear, levels, strategy and overall experience of the players and the knowledge of their class. One monk/bard combo might be able to split easily while another monk/bard combo cannot. this board from what i gather is to just get a basis on what to do and go from there. So we know we can split warders and take on DDA single or duo. or run in with 6 tanks and OT everything till dead. just use this as a guideline.
Khelindros Dragonfury <Rising Darkness>
70 Wildblood
FV Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=912453

Dumpty

QuoteTo me, the Monk 1.5 that requires the 7th Hammer is an extreme case of this. It's just wrong expecting dozens of folks to grind through all the trials so that one person can get one piece of loot.
This was already changed, only the monk doing the epic needs to be flagged, he can port a few groups to 7th hammer with him if hes at the appropriate part of the epic or some such.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Giledorm

Ummm... Just to get this back on topic, Has anyone from the test server been able to try this 'newly tweaked' encounter?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Vidyne

Would also like info if there is any.....

Plan to give mine a shot pretty soon.

Felidae

Stingite - that was an exploite SOE "corrected".

Zamu - Just because I know exactly when the trigger should spawn (assuming it cycle doesnt get disturbed), that does me little good.  Our guild does epic battles starting 7pm EST Saturday night.  If mine isn't up then - its skipped.  End of story.  Even if I know it will be up 7:30 they wont sit and wait.   So off we go to do some one elses.  Now I am forced to dual box a scout so that I can be sure that it pops at 7:30 and then as the battle we are doing ends I have to say "mines up now" but now who knows what zone we are in etc.