Main Menu

Final 1.5 fight tweaked on test...

Started by Tastian, November 10, 2004, 02:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zumu

Quote from: FelidaeZamu - Just because I know exactly when the trigger should spawn (assuming it cycle doesnt get disturbed), that does me little good.  Our guild does epic battles starting 7pm EST Saturday night.  If mine isn't up then - its skipped.  End of story.  Even if I know it will be up 7:30 they wont sit and wait.   So off we go to do some one elses.  Now I am forced to dual box a scout so that I can be sure that it pops at 7:30 and then as the battle we are doing ends I have to say "mines up now" but now who knows what zone we are in etc.

then do your turnin to get the spawn on the timer you want. then go back and get another turnin piece. are you playing the game or is the game playing you?

Meeshna

Zumu - no offense but it appears that Felidae is playing the game like there are others who play the game also.  

I would hate to just trigger this mob and leave it up for no one to see except maybe a druid or shaman trying to do THEIR epic in that hour that the mobs are just triggered and left sitting.

Sounds like Felidae is thinking of courtesy to other players instead of selfishness for himself.  A trait rather lacking in a lot of folks lately in game.  (However, being in  a restrictive guild, or even a small one, I can see how this would be the only option at this point - apologies to anyone this would effect, sucks it would have to be this way.)
Questing Vah Shir

zumu

shrug, we didnt make the turnin mob pop / depop on some arbitrary schedule. if the cost of getting it on a schedule a player can use is rendering the beast / druid fight unavailable for two hours rather than one so be it. maybe if enough druids complain they fix it  :D

Felidae

I don't like triggering it just to adjust the schedule for a couple reasons. One, I don't particularly like leaving a mess that size laying around that may well mess up others in the zone or trying to do epics. Two, I've seen  enough bugs with the epics that it makes me really uneasy relying on getting a replacement cloak.    I likely will do it though as my guild has put me off for over six weeks now because of numbers and/or scheduling - they've done app events over mine - because their event was up and ready.

Giledorm

Bump, even thought I know it's hard for people to see past the timer issue...

Has ANYONE tried this on test yet?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Maraketha

Felidae,

I'm on your server and I had to get a replacement cloak 3 times from Muada after our attempts, so there doesn't seem a problem with getting more if you need.  Hopefully that makes you feel more confident about triggering the event, even if you fail or end up not having the numbers.

Best of luck  :)

Beerig-FV

*bumpage*

Anyone at all that has tried it on Test?  changes to this thing?  if noone has, and noone comments on it, we might be torn a new one again and the moaning will have to start all over...

so, anyone out there with any comments on this?

KrysiaKazzimiera

Any news yet?  :P  hehe, it's December now :P
Krysia Kazzimiera
70 Wildblood
Tunare Server

Lorudce

Evidently, nobody on test has tried it.  Wonder how we will like an untested adjustment. :roll:

Shrouded

Quote from: LorudceEvidently, nobody on test has tried it.  Wonder how we will like an untested adjustment. :roll:

I would guess because the encounter was fine how it was and people on test actually do things as they are intended instead of waiting and whining until it gets changed to be extremely gimp.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Krieg

Theres only a few beastlords in guilds capable of dealing with this final encounter on the test server, and they have their epic 1.5s already. The test population was hammered by eq2 and WoW, from an already low starting base - it's pretty darn quiet atm.

I'll try and grind some of the epic out over the next week or so, and see how I get on. At least I've got the drop from ME :)

Krieg Fenriswolf
67 Ferret Lord, Test Server
http://www.warrenclarke.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/krieg_sig1-350.jpg>

cisne

I am assuming it didn't go since there was no text to it.

Tastian

Lots of things get left out of the patch message.  I know atleast 3 other classes that are asking about a couple things.  I am trying to get confirmation that it did go live, but just because something isn't mentioned doesn't mean it didn't get pushed live.  Was a huge patch (and message lol), so might have just been left out.

cisne

I can understand that. :)  If you hear anything please let us know, i am at this stage of epic and need to know what kind of strategy to use when heading there.