Main Menu

Bloated Girplan!!

Started by Doomringer, November 14, 2004, 04:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomringer

All I can say is Holy crap! I was not ready for this mob. I had 40 elemental+ geared peeps with me and we pulled this guy and he stomped us flat.

He hits for 1300 and has a nsty 400/tick mana dot that adds 40% mana cost to all spells casted. He needs to be killed to clear the east room but beware, this is a ranged fight. We also got the Souldrainer as an add that came from nowhere when we engaged the Girplan.

I am sure if you are ready for his fat ass you can take him with the same numbers you bring to do the DDA as described in the sticky for final fight strats. But the write up kinda skimmed over him like he was a trivial OOW named. He is not, so be ready for it and set up for a ranged fight. That is all! Good luck with your fights. I have to wait another week to do mine  :cry:
Doomringer Loneclaw
Feral Lord Vah Shir
Firiona Vie
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=925159

zumu

... what? o the 2.0 shammy mob? hehehe ya, thats a rung in the shammy 2.0, i'd think 40+ ep could handle him /boggle but the element of suprise / underestimation is often fatal... kinda cool though, if you have your people ready to go and spawn schedules are feeling friendly you can knock out a druid, beast, and shammy epic event all with the same raid )

Aeshmal

The NPC you're talking about has nothing to do with the Beastlord epic quest. The Bloated Girplan is for the shaman epic. Our NPC is "Girplan Spiritleech."

EDIT: I noticed that one of the Epic 1.5 writeups suggests engaging the DDA in the eastern room, which is where this fellow spawns. So tangentially, it's true that this mob is related to the beastlord epic, but only in that you may have to kill him to fight in the eastern room.

Stingite

ok, I don't like this fella at all right now.  Caused a major delay.  Next time my guild gives me a shot at my mob, I will not be messing with this guy.  We killed him, but he killed a lot of us . . . and the adds after he was dead killed even more of us because most were completely out of mana.

I need to find a strat that doesn't ask you to kill him.  Between this guy, the druid epic mob, the tweaked DDA, and the 2 hour up 2 hour down turn in mob . . . (blank stare)

People in the raid just don't quite understand . . . we had to kill this thing just so you could fight in his room?  It doesn't make sense.  ALSO.  after we killed this thing, come to find out none of our shammies are even close to the point where they can loot the item he drops.  They have to do it all in order on epic 2.0.  FURTHERMORE, the frigger immediately repop'd again.

/sigh . . . it was a trying night tonight, and I'm definitely not holding my new shiny epic 1.5 like I was hoping to be.