Main Menu

CT: port in or main entrance?

Started by Klahw, April 07, 2005, 01:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klahw

So just trying to get a feel for this, is it easier to take a TL to CT and run in from there with invis/sneak or invis/sneak from the main entrance?  Has anyone out there tried it this way?  Just looking for some feedback on what others have tried.

Worst case I'll ask one of the necros I know to flop in and summon me to the elder or bot my 61 druid and fight my way through slowly.
Klahw

a Torv refugee

Vahaus Warder

Highly recommend taking a cleric with you, having them bind at zone and running from zone in. That why when you die a handful of times after figuring it out, you can have your cleric drag & rez you.

Klahw

woot, I was going to opt for the 'summon to guild lobby' option if I messed up badly enough  :-D
Klahw

a Torv refugee

Mrcoolies

Hi
I was haveing a nightmare with this part and trying to get help to clear the way was akward has no body wanted to go there lol. In the end I got a mage to summon me the orbs that give you 10 mins improved invis, I ran to CT zoned in and used my invis to get me to the tunnle just outside the pyramid.  

It is vital that before you try this next part you know where you have to go, I didnt so I used a program that lets you explore zones on your hard drive. Anyway I then cast lev then used the mage summoned invis thingy and carefully edged out conning everything to make sure nothing saw through invis. I then turned left and made my way to the corner of the pyramid where there are a few see invis mobs ( I think there were see invis mobs on each corner) and used sneak which didnt make a blind bit of difference so i just huged the pyramid and moved has fast as poss and made it without any incident.

Once past there I think I had to do that again on the back corner then I ran up the back wall. Once you get a decent hight from the ground turn back towards the pyramid and lev across. On each layer of the pyramid there are wandering guards of which some see invis. With lev you can basicaly run up the pyramid but it might be worth checking where the mobs are and timing your run. The entrance into the pyramid is at the front about 1 layer from the top. Once inside the pyramid make sure you can see the npc before dropping down or you might miss it and have to do it all again. Anyway It realy isnt that hard once you get going.
Good luck

Klahw

Tried it from the wizard port and got a free port to bind when invis dropped (I'm going to try the invis thingy from a mage).  I figure with SOE, 10 minute invis and a couple /q if I get agro I should be ok.  I last about 1 minute with 3 or 4 mobs wailing on me.
Klahw

a Torv refugee

Mrcoolies

HI
Another thing I noticed is that even if the mob does see invis, the agro radius is very small so thats probably why I could sneak past the ones on the corner by hugging pyramid. Anyway trust me its realy not that bad once you start going and you will just have to be sneaky :)

Gariyn

I just did this part last weekend. Had a full group and fought our way there let me tell you its a lot easier than the sneak invis lev way.  It might have been my luck but every time I tried that I there was always far to many see invis mobs.

And those who do the sneak invis lev. I had SOE on me when I fought there and was able to get back out of the tank.

:evil:

Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Klahw

Ending up duo'ing it with a lvl 70 shaman from my guild, went pretty well.  CT4, Klahw 1 - but it's the only 1 that counts
Klahw

a Torv refugee

Fin Beast

For people that read this in the future.

Took me 3 shots....1 death....1 evac.

Boxed my 70beast/67cleric/65wizzy.

I would advise anyone that doesn't have sneak to bring a porter/nuke and a healer as this place is add-tastic. From port in invis and take path to the temple. Setup in the path and pull to there clearing the 2 at end of path and 2 at top of stairs (seems one there always sees invis). Pull the roamers that need to be so you can pull the 2-3 at the left corner (one always sees invis).

Now invis and levi yourself and head around that corner...up the stairs that allow you to go up the side of the temple (not up the path that circles the temple) slip in from above (several often seeinvis near entrance, if you are careful you can get past fine).

Find the correct container and your done.....don't fall off or you will need to gate out and start over.

perhaps a chanter could just mezz the mess and gate away though /shrug

KirishuRN

Maby I was lucky, but I did not find this part hard at all for me.

I worked my way into the temple, there was a few see invis mobs at the other end of the room, but was able to avoid them going the other way around. I got started with levi on were the stairs started and shot strait up to the top.

Some words of advice though. Keep some insta click invis potions on you. You can buy them cheap from a poison vendor in PoK in front of the PoT stone. If you get agro from a see invis mob and he hits you, then just insta click the invis potion and that will be the only mob that has agro on you until he hits you again and drops your invis. If you can keep pet on the see invis mob and make your way up to the top, drop down into the pool and do the handin, then have your insta gate potion (which can be purchased from a vendor in PoT near were you do your ornate turnins, not cheap but a life saver) gate out and you are done with this stupid portion of the epic forever.

I tried it the hardway to begin with. I draged a druid with me and just thought I could fight my way in up the temple. I was terrible wrong with all the mobs having some huge agro range. Before I knew it I think I had half the zone on me  :?

Anyways, try it out, what do you have to loose  :wink:
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Dragronius1

Well, I attempted this a few times solo.....can u say ....corpse run .   So, went there w/ a group last nite (clr, war, mage, necro, enc, and me) fite to the top was pretty simple.  My problem was I could not find which box this npc was in.  needless to say, it was late and mage needed to leave (no more coh).  So make long story short, which box is this guy in?  Is there a spot you can stand onand see him?  Any help would be appretiated

Knodey

i did mine with pally/wiz/chanter,boxed by a friend    cleric(boxed by me)  and we wiped about 3 times cause of a bug in the zone where Every single mob warped on top of us as we had about 52 1/2 mobs beating on us the mobs are gimp but when their are that many they beat you up fast.

ebric

Quote from: Dragronius1 on May 19, 2005, 02:00:13 PM
Well, I attempted this a few times solo.....can u say ....corpse run .   So, went there w/ a group last nite (clr, war, mage, necro, enc, and me) fite to the top was pretty simple.  My problem was I could not find which box this npc was in.  needless to say, it was late and mage needed to leave (no more coh).  So make long story short, which box is this guy in?  Is there a spot you can stand onand see him?  Any help would be appretiated

Sorry I cant get you a "this is the box" answer. But have lev up to be safe and run on the rails...it is at the top "level" of the boxes, to your right as you enter the door.

Good luck.