Epic Completed

Started by Bananea, September 24, 2004, 05:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deiadrox

Woot! Mine is complete!

Trayn

grats to the both of you, huge accomplishment

Bengali

Quote from: CillianFVWhen in doubt, I break out Coprolith's trusty spreadsheet. :D

Here's a fair comparison.  In the main hand, me wielding:

BST Epic = 45.18 dps
MNK Epic = 45.93 dps

In the off hand:

BST Epic = 34.24 dps
MNK Epic = 33.33 dps

Shock horror!  SOE balanced the epics on dps like they said they would!  What can they complain about now?  Quick, find something!

P.S. No rude comments about how crap my dps is please. :wink:

I'd still expect it to be tweaked, based on what other classes seem to be getting as ratios.  I'd think our ratios would be better than other classes (except monks), but it's a *lot* better atm.

If you ask me, I'd say it was tweaked to take into account our lower 1hb skill, and was never retuned when they decided to finally even the skills out.  After all, Zajeer said on the EQLive boards (back before anyone discovered the epic and we were all complaining that it looked like a 1hb):

QuoteZajeer-Dev wrote:
We'll definitely take into consideration the various weapon skill caps when tuning the DPS on the weapons. The DPS on the weapon being a 1 handed blunt will be the same DPS as a weapon that was hand to hand with a higher cap, we'll just adjust the ratio and damage to put it where it needs to be in respect to the other epic weapons.

So I bet Zajeer just didn't go back and change the ratio when they decided to fix the skill caps.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Choppin

I get the feeling you actually expect the ratio to be nerfed, lol maybe ya forgot about the little things like double, triple and what not monks can do.

WTG calling for a non needed nerf. Where is it sooo much better ? I'd surely trade the bst epic clicky for a working monk epic clicky.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Zekr

Zekr  71 Beastlord on Ayonae Ro

Bengali

Quote from: ChoppinI get the feeling you actually expect the ratio to be nerfed

Unfortunately, I do.

Quotelol maybe ya forgot about the little things like double, triple and what not monks can do.

No, I didn't.  I don't make any decisions on weapon ratios, though.  For what it's worth, I actually argued the same point you made in a different thread.  I'm not saying that it should be changed, or that I'm happy about it.  I'm just giving a heads up on what's going to happen.  

QuoteWTG calling for a non needed nerf. Where is it sooo much better ? I'd surely trade the bst epic clicky for a working monk epic clicky.

I'm sure a lot of people would, but the effects are a seperate issue from the ratio.  However, 26/22 (+2 cold) is a ratio that's significantly better than a plane of time weapon.  I think beastlords and monks are supposed to have better ratios on their weapons, but this is a lot better than other 1h epic 1.5 weapons for melee/hybrid classes:

Bard is 21/21
Warrior is 26/24
Monk is 21(+1)/18

Bst is 26(+2)/22

You can do the math yourself.

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Choppin

what is cold damge worth ? it has a zero resist mod, so it can be worth from 0 - 2 damage, and the middle ground of 1 is not always a given,

compare it with shinai:

1.15 ratio + 150 DD proc (cant crit but neg 200 resist mod)

epic: without cold damage: 1.181 + no proc unless augmented, and the shinai proc is dps wise superior to bout all buyable dd augs

I dont see that huge deal
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

TerjynPovar

But as shown, in mainhand it's less damaging than the Monk weapon.

So why would you nerf the Beastlord one?  Offhand concerns?
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Eatbugs

*shrug* It is less damaging than the monk epic in main hand, but not by much.  They may decide to tune it - I won't be terribly disappointed, although I only have the last fight left.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Lheo

QuoteJust wanted to drop a quick note: The bard epic will be upgraded to a 24/22 weapon next patch. Please keep in mind that all of the epic 1.5s were tuned around Plane of Time quality weapons, so the bard 1.5 weapon is supposed to be similar to the Songblade in terms of damage, stats, and resists.

Also, keep up the feedback. While I can't promise any changes, I will say that we've all been keeping tabs on all of the epic discussions on the live boards, as well as the other class boards. We're jotting down notes and we'll make adjustments when necessary, to make these weapons balanced and fun for all classes.

Thanks guys,

-Zajeer

I dont see the bst epic get nerfed the bard epic gets a boost
(bards were complaining about ratio)

Ogee

Done on Dro  :D  :D  :D  :D

kegulik

Grats!

Almost makes me wish I still played.

Of course, an unguilded level 60 on emarr, isn't likely to see it anyway.  There's my consolation!

One thing I noticed-augment slot 4 and 8.  Can put two procs on it!
Kegulik

XervIxx

done on Xev as of 630pm pacific

(woulda been four thirty but that dumb despawning Barbarian poofed before i could turn in the totem..and her two hours wasnt up by a long shot, so she just despawns within a cpl minutes of cloak turn in i guess)
Xerv
70 Wildblood of xev
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=828787

Raulin
66 druid slave of Xev

Vrex Aeternus
65 necrofarmer of Xev

Eatbugs

Done today as of an hour ago.  Had three groups plus a few for final fight - pretty easy. (mostly elemental geared) Our two troll BSTs just aggroed and offtanked all the warders, had two Paladins RGCing the healers.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Bengali

All done here, too (except for final turn ins because Erana despawned).  It's a pretty fun fight that a couple of groups can handle pretty easily.