Main Menu

I hate Xegony already...

Started by Grymlok, February 13, 2004, 10:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grymlok

Bleh, our first attempt we wipe several times.. 1/2 the raid camps on her island for the next day.  Next day: another guild kills her 45 minutes before our raid time because nothing else was up.  Wraps drop...

Since then, we've killed her twice.  2x ring, one tunic, on wand.  Dammit, I want my EPWs  :cry:

The Berserker: Foecussed

totania

Quote from: GrymlokBleh, our first attempt we wipe several times.. 1/2 the raid camps on her island for the next day.  Next day: another guild kills her 45 minutes before our raid time because nothing else was up.  Wraps drop...

Since then, we've killed her twice.  2x ring, one tunic, on wand.  Dammit, I want my EPWs  :cry:

I know your pain.  We went through about 7 Xego kills before our first EPW dropped and then a monk won them.  Thankfully, she dropped another pair on our 8th (yay me), 9th (yay another bst), and on her spawn before our 8th (yay other guild).

Her drop rate is about 1 in 3 from what I can tell.  Sometimes it just takes her a while to realize that she needs to start dropping them.  =P

Member of Night Eternal

Xanin

I happily pass the curse on to you Grym, grats :oP

Ghoat

Here is my l33t strat for getting wraps.

You need to fail first attempt - NT ld, ae on clerics something, it doesnt really matter.  Then as you are about ready for the 2nd attempt, on your way back from casting SD on some clerics, make sure to agro a councilman on the way back.  Make sure to bring him almost back to the add camp - close enough to get prox agro, then run back near clerics if possible - you are shooting for at least 35-40 deaths here.

This will get the wraps on the loot table and will get them to you.  Well, it worked in my case anyway :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Grymlok

Quote from: GhoatHere is my l33t strat for getting wraps.

You need to fail first attempt - NT ld, ae on clerics something, it doesnt really matter.  Then as you are about ready for the 2nd attempt, on your way back from casting SD on some clerics, make sure to agro a councilman on the way back.  Make sure to bring him almost back to the add camp - close enough to get prox agro, then run back near clerics if possible - you are shooting for at least 35-40 deaths here.

This will get the wraps on the loot table and will get them to you.  Well, it worked in my case anyway :)

Nuts!  On our 2nd attempt we aggroed the councilmain, but we reset the enounter  :twisted:

So close...

Morganti

sometimes i wish i was in a guild that could do this stuff...just for moments like that...
~D~

totania

Quote from: Morgantisometimes i wish i was in a guild that could do this stuff...just for moments like that...
~D~

So join a raiding guild.  =)

Member of Night Eternal

Caave Monster

LOL Ghoat, kind of wondering if you really did do that.

On our first kill (after a day or two of working out the right strategy) we
killed all in the last wave and our tank dropped.  She ported back to her
area and regened up to about 7%.  We all ran at her and had one of her
guardians.  By the end she was dead under her rainbow and one warrior
left tanking the guardian.  Almost had me worried when she gated.  :(
Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Morganti

easier said than done...

do you know off hand any raiding guilds that raid between 9pm pst and 2am pst?(my play time)

most guilds are starting while i am still at work...ect

hence my issue with joining a raiding guild

~D~

Kilern

Nice story ghoat.

Morganti,

There is a guild out there for you, in your case probably a aussy guild would suit you. Just ask around on server boards to find one. I raided during those times when I was on the Rathe 4 years ago but the guild broke up sorry. :( I was in Hawaii at the time.
Kilern Sechar
Level 56 Beastlord
Venril Sever

Ukator Iceblood

Ah Morg I play during same times and have same issues. Friends always tell me to log earlier when I miss something, stupid work:)
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Grymlok

Heh, morg, come to Fennin... thats our raid times, almost exactly.  We usually start around 9-10pst and wrap up... when too many people pass out or nothing is left up  :lol:

Morganti

/sigh...

thats the thing...i don't really wanna leave Mith Marr...so i just stare dreamily at Xegs loot table...

if i thought it would actually be worth it...i would just level a new Bst and play them both ~!

<--psycho kitten

~D~

Ghoat

Quote from: Caave MonsterLOL Ghoat, kind of wondering if you really did do that.

Sadly, yes ;)

http://www.eqbeastlord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8091

Kinda long post tho, but I still hear lots of remarks about "ghoat trains" and such in guild.  Even the folks in the guild were not members then give me hell hehe.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Dorrogtr T`A

Quote from: GrymlokBleh, our first attempt we wipe several times.. 1/2 the raid camps on her island for the next day.  Next day: another guild kills her 45 minutes before our raid time because nothing else was up.  Wraps drop...

Haha, I bet Quatree feels worse than you.  :)  I think his guild has killed Xegony about 4-5 times... either they never dropped for him, or they dropped once.. and he got ****blocked on em. Poor Quatree... /laff  :lol: