Main Menu

Guild Routes to Time - What did yours do?

Started by Lithale, May 29, 2004, 01:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lithale

I am a member of a guild who is on the road to Time.  This topic came up in a discussion and I thought I would ask the Time Guild part of the community what route their guilds took.

Did your guild:

a) Just do the planar progression to get to Time

b) Obtain keys to VT and farm the crap out of it for gear, then finish the planar progression to Time

c) Other preperations for Time, then finish the planar progression to Time

If you answer c, please specify what you did if you could.

Thanks,

Lith

totania

Quote from: LithaleI am a member of a guild who is on the road to Time.  This topic came up in a discussion and I thought I would ask the Time Guild part of the community what route their guilds took.

Did your guild:

d) We killed everything.

Member of Night Eternal

Frehn Lunarfury

We did the Ssra-->VT--> PoP Route.  Looking back, I'm glad we did VT.  It allowed us to gear up the fastest way we could and we blew through PoP content in the process.  I still have a few pieces of VT gear, And I know that everyone who got the Aten neck item still uses them to this day.

Argach

AFAIK, Magna Charta has been near the top from the times of Vox and Naggy, so d) we killed everything applies to me too. By the time I joined they were already in Time though so I didn't really get to see the road there; time TZ was first first-kill I was part of.

Ttony

Most guilds do all they can at the same time. Ssra and VT at the same time they are doing the lower flags for Pop.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Valri Rose

a. We did Planar progression only.

We never set foot in either VT or Ssra.

tiggerroo

Our guild did Ssra/VT at the same time as we were doing the early tiers of PoP.  We stopped doing VT when we hit elementals, maybe a tad before that.  Prior to that , the guild was doing ToV (although I wasn't born and and then was levelling up during that time).
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus

Noxdowne Draggout

Most of my guild did the full scale path to poP because they are old school players. For example I am one of 4 who are not VT flagged.

I never raided a single area before going into PoP with Noxdowne and I had EP loots within 10 days of dinging 65.

I wish I had done more "baby steps".

Nox

Rainor Wolfheart

We did ssra but not emperor/VT path.  Went straight through PoP progression.
Rainor Wolfheart
65 Beastlord of The Tribunal
<Sol Invictus>

Dysz

not in time yet... but we never keyed for VT, and have done little ssra.  However, we still do seru pretty much anytime he is up.  we did a lot of velious, when pop was just out, so we are still an expansion or 2 behind as far as raiding goes, but i think we are fine with that, heh :)
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>

Xalmat

NToV -> Sleeper's -> Luclin released -> Ssra -> PoP released -> VT -> Elementals -> Time -> GoD Released -> GoD

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

Oiingo

Bah, just skip Ssra and VT.   Key quests suck and your time would be better spent on flag mobs.  I know, everyone will say, ``But VT gear has nice resists and you get a lot in a clear!''  Same goes for EP armor.  Fire and Water are candyland and if you agressively pursue the minis, you'll have the gear you need in no time.

FWIW, I'm in the same guild as Dysz and it skipped most of Ssra and all of VT and has now killed Fenin and both Xegony and Corinav are real targets, which I hope we'll drop in the next few weeks.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Aneya

My guild did the VT to PoP route. Two guilds on our server have gone directly to PoP. IMHO, Soon we will probably see guilds that skip most of PoP and start at GoD.

My personal progression has been PoP only if you discount family guild raids on targets that don't even show up on uber guild radars.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Elyias Steelfang

D.  joined my guild as it was wrapping up Kunark and moving onto Velious content.  But we always overlapped content as well.  Once we were near done with farming Sleepers we were doing lower bosses in Ssra, We did not leave VT until we were raiding ele planes, We just became time flagged but will kill TRC 1 or 2 more times to get everyone in guild flagged before we start raiding time.  And when we are not in time we will be doing the beginning of GoD content.  

With higher levels and spells it is possible to skip content but personally I am glad we farmed sleepers keys and VT keys and such.  I have not regretted progressing through the game from expansion to expansion even if we are "behind the times" when we advance to a new piece of content for us.

Dysz

We farmed sleeper's key pretty much all of last summer.  We probably spent a month at most killing mobs by the time everyone had a prismatic.  There are probably about 2 or 3 melees still left who use them to avatar themselves (personally I am too lazy).  I can only imagine it is similar for high-end luclin keying.

plus lets face it, luclin sucks.  Have yet to enjoy a boss mob encounter there.  Thought Horror Overfiend is one of my least favorites.  Although the funniest raid situation ever was on itraer vius... one of our wizards in the MT group accidentally exodus'd during the fight, and the MT kept going 'wtf, im still blind!' while he was sitting at the zone-in, hahaha.  

Honestly I think it would be hard to skip PoP.  It's so easy to travel to those zones, personally I am lazy and have been to GoD maybe twice.  Especially with all the open raids lately (the devil!) elemental flags are much more accessible to a lot of people, I think that elementals are becoming (or are) the NToV of today.
Mark these words: One day this chalk outline will circle this city.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=472464">http://pinkfloyd49.tripod.com/sig.txt>