Main Menu

hammer of timeweaver nerfed ?

Started by Choppin, June 25, 2004, 11:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choppin

I am parsing this thing hours now, in mainhand and the proc seems to be very very very bad, the "pet" misses mostly and if it hits it hits for 35 most of the time - against a green con banker

the savage platinum fists put it to shame proc wise, the pet hits for way more on average and has a much better hitratio...

I cant believe I wasted dkp on this wep

I noticed the call of time pet is slashing ? maybe it has 0 slashing skill or it uses my slashing skill, doesnt change the outcome hm wait lets see what it did for the monk on in the steelwarrior comparisions:

according to this 7 hour parse http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?postid=52781#post52781
, the timeweaver pet does 3.7 dps in offhand with a hitchance of 60 pct

for me it shows 2.4 average dps in mainhand with a hit ratio around 33 pct...
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Tastian

It was nerfed hehe I thought others knew.  8(  There's talk of it being fixed in the next patch.  I thinkt hey got sick of people that were making perma pets with it finally or something.  *shrugs*  Should be fixed soon though, it's not intended to be that weak.

Derrict

There were some changes made that effected the pet damage, unintentional.  It'll be fixed next patch.
[65 Marauder] Derrict (Halfling) - Retired
[65 Feral Lord]Ferome (Vah Shir) - Retired

cougerofeq

did this ever get fixed - if so how is it now dps wise? pets?

Dummkopf

Still misses a lot but at least it hits for max sometimes now, damage range is between 35 and 415 uncrit from what i've seen. Didnt parse the proc though so i cant really say if it is worth it now.

Bengali

Extremely disappointing.  The pet routinely will proc and miss both of its hits, and when it does hit, it's rarely for the max.  It gets even worse from the front, since mobs will dodge/riposte/parry/block the pet's hits very often.    Because of the high miss percentage, it's like having a highly resistable proc.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Shrouded

So would the DPS of the Timeweaver (including the damage pets do) surpass that of an ED?  Also, if someone does get a chance to parse it, could you list what levels of pet flurry/pet crit you have as well since they directly effect teh damage done by the pets?
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Bengali

Quote from: ShroudedSo would the DPS of the Timeweaver (including the damage pets do) surpass that of an ED?  Also, if someone does get a chance to parse it, could you list what levels of pet flurry/pet crit you have as well since they directly effect teh damage done by the pets?

No, it doesn't.  In every test I've done, the ED smokes the Timeweaver something fierce, except when I'm using my offensive disc.  My tests were done with all the relevant aas maxxed (i.e., weapon affinity, melee crits, spell crits, pet flurry, pet crits).
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kherash

Something wrong when a ED can "outdps" a Timeweaver hammer.
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

cougerofeq

I love my fire fists and was hoping this was a good upgrade - sounds like I should try for an ED, instead.

Choppin

Quote from: KherashSomething wrong when a ED can "outdps" a Timeweaver hammer.

I doubt the ED outdps's Timeweaver when used by other classes than bard and beastlord.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Kherash

Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Shrouded

Quote from: Bengali
No, it doesn't.  In every test I've done, the ED smokes the Timeweaver something fierce, except when I'm using my offensive disc.  My tests were done with all the relevant aas maxxed (i.e., weapon affinity, melee crits, spell crits, pet flurry, pet crits).

That is pretty odd.  I would definitely have thought that the Timeweaver would have destroyed the ED since its pets are like a highly upgraded version of the savage platinum fist pets.  Is it simply a lack of damage on the pet proc end after it was nerfed?

Also, did the past that supposedly fixed perma-pets actually work or is it still possbile to get the pets permanently w/ Timeweaver and SPF?
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Choppin

the timeweaver pet poofs after 1 round, while the SPF pet stays around for 10 secs (no idea how many rounds that translates to for that pet)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Shrouded

Ahhh.  All has been made clear-- damn my faulty sources :)
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner