Main Menu

Gonna link this to a friend...

Started by Noxdowne Draggout, June 30, 2004, 11:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxdowne Draggout

So I would love to have responses to to these questions:

1) How many raid buffed hp's do you have?

2) How many raid buffed AC do you have?

3) How much TOTAL DPS do you (melee and mana based) and your warder do?

4) Are you thought of as a SD, Ferocity and Paragon whore or is your raid role much greater?

5) What is the highest raid mob you have tanked?

Just wanted some feedback to show a buddy that thinks BL's are not a DPS class or highly valued on a raid. I thought that maybe we do have more to offer when equipped correctly and wanted to allow you all to strut your stuff.

Thanks for the help guys, make me proud  :P

Nox

Dummkopf

Another brag thread?

1) 9720 (i soooo want 10k)

2) 1603 (im weak, i know)

3) kinda difficult, last time run i did around 170-210 dps without my pet, didnt parse that, but guess it did around 70 (bard in group most of the time).

4) most think about SD and paragon, preslow seems to be important as well. Even more important is the aggro i generate, its a constant tank-test :)

5) Well, i tanked them all, but if you mean successfully (i lived) it has to be quarm, only around a minute though but i didnt die. I get put on tankorders as MT for elemental mobs and will probably tank the next CT in time.

Konji

1) 10,200
2) 1,773
3) 250-300 with pet depends on mob.
4) Im the recruiting officer so im the "getting tells from apps whore."
5) Regularly Tank Mez Phase one adds in Time.

Urim

1) 10134hp (no tribute)
2) 1670ish
3) last time i parsed on Qvic mold mobs i did max of a little over 300 going all out, probably around 250 or so mark normal
4) SD/PoS/DPS whore
5) Never tanked anything on purpose but have grabbed agro on numerous raid mobs, although most of the time not living very long
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Rarrum

Around 9600hp, 1600ac.

Best DPS burning everything is around 300, but thats so much agro that I'd be tanking the mob and go oom fast.  Normal is probably around 200dps with melee + pet + nukes.

While I sd anyone that needs and keep ferocity on as many as I can, thats not what I consider my primary role.  I slow stuff in with the guild's shaman channel, and "distract" adds until a real tank can pull them off.  After slowing, I'd say my role is dps.

Tanked several of the mini's up on the way to Fenin before (nobody else volenteered!).  I often end up on rampage on Time mobs like Saryn, and take that fine.

Lunani Snowfyre

omg, I suck compared to you guys  :(

~7800 hp, 1300 ac

haven't parsed my dps recently

SD, paragon, slow, sometimes even healer  8)

haven't tanked raid mobs yet, but I regularly tank in exp groups. highest were earth/fire mini nameds
[65 Feral Lord] Lunani Snowfyre (Vah Shir) <The Unholy Inquisition> - Kael Drakkal
[63 Warlock] Nunila Bloodfyre (Dark Elf) <The Unholy Inquisition> - Kael Drakkal

Aneya

1) How many raid buffed hp's do you have? 7000

2) How many raid buffed AC do you have? 1350

I've never parsed it so can't tell. But I don't think DPS is our main selling point.

4) Are you thought of as a SD, Ferocity and Paragon whore or is your raid role much greater?

I regularly SD people. I rarely use Paragon and Ferocity on request. One of my main job is to make sure incoming mobs don't eat chanters and clerics. In Time Phase 1 trials, I help split adds and find the non mezzable one but thats usualy as a result of making sure adds don't eat chanters and clerics. :P Beastlord pet is also used in several encounters to gain certain strategic advantages. Mages and Necros have a harder time doing this because they have other more important things to pay attention to than their pets.

5) What is the highest raid mob you have tanked?

I have unententionaly tanked A Mystical Arbitor of Earth and A Perfected Warder of Earth and survived.  I also survived a nasty encounter with A Monsterous Mudwalker. For some reason PoEa mobs like me :/

I'm not sure why you need this kind of information to prove that BSTs are valuable in raids. If they can't figure it out thats their tougth luck.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Sempai

1) If I buff for Max HPs, I go about 10,200 these days. Since I usually go with Virtue, I am around 10,000 on most raids.

2) My AC is roughly 1750 raid buffed.

3) I do about 250 - 300 dps depending upon the mob and the tanks aggro abilities. I can exceed this on a full burn, but it usually ends up getting me killed if I go for it too much.

4) Depends upon the fight, but we use beastlords in a variety of roles. There are fights where SD, Ferocity and Paragon are my main role, but they are rare fights these days. Usually, we use beastlords as dps on most raids. I am also a guild officer, so I am usually busy with lots of stuff on raids. :lol:

5) I do not tank much, but I do when we are short on people simply because I can hold aggro. My guild also has me tank when we are bored and goofing off some. The mobs below I tanked on purpose the whole fight and lived. All are level 70 raid mobs.

Mnat M`sha - Qvic - http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=15247
Terlok of Earth - Time Phase 1 Named - http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=11750
Chancellor Kirta - Plane of Fire - http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=11583

I did Mnat last night for the first time. In fact, I think the WARs were crushed that I lived to tell about it. DI did not even go off. Mnat did about 100K damage on me before it died, and it has that an annoying AE to deal with.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Ttony

9783 HPs
1700 approx AC
mid 200s DPS with burst DPS in the mid 300s
Beastlords are more than SD/Paragon whores.
Tanked the slowable Rock boss for phase 3 in Time bt we rotate differet classes to tank it as a running gag in the guid.
Regularly tank Phase 1 Time mobs also.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Kivuli

Roughly 7800 hitpoints
1510 AC or so
I've parsed up to 250 me and my warder combined.
I join so many channels on raids it isn't even funny. Healers, tanks, shaman, rebuff :p I MGB Paragon and keep casters in Crackoplast, I help slow mobs with the shaman, and I routinely add tank and SA/TA on our raids. Mostly I deal in whoopass.
My guild isn't time yet, so the highest DPS raid mob that I've tanked (intentionally) would be Rydda'Dar. I also tank things in PoEarthA, Fire, and sometimes Air when needed.

Noxdowne Draggout

Major reason for asking this?

I was told recently that I wasn't a DPS class.

Next major reason was to prove what I said about what we could reach for ac and hp's when equipped well.

Last reason was related to the "whore" role, I was once told:

"beastlords on a raid should paragon and other than that shut up"

Thanks for the help guys, you have proved my point well.

Nox

Elrathin

Quote from: Noxdowne Draggout
"beastlords on a raid should paragon and other than that shut up"
Nox

I really hate when other classes "tell" us what our role is.

Aneya

EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Leatherneck

Quote from: Noxdowne DraggoutSo I would love to have responses to to these questions:

1) How many raid buffed hp's do you have?

I'm weighing in at a gimpish 8600ish

Quote2) How many raid buffed AC do you have?

No idea on these two

Quote4) Are you thought of as a SD, Ferocity and Paragon whore or is your raid role much greater?

I do cast those buffs alot and have instructed the BSTs in my guild to have them readily available on request, but I also pre-Slow and have been known to call assist on occaision when we get jumped and the MA seems out of it.

Quote5) What is the highest raid mob you have tanked?

Tanked the last 20% of a phase2 named mob unexpectedly.  Overpull and healing hiccups cost us both Tanks.  I stepped up, cast a resisted slow, and waited for the "Loading, please wait..." which never came.

QuoteJust wanted some feedback to show a buddy that thinks BL's are not a DPS class or highly valued on a raid. I thought that maybe we do have more to offer when equipped correctly and wanted to allow you all to strut your stuff.

Thanks for the help guys, make me proud  :P
I haven't looked around for some time, but I know plenty of Elemental + guilds were putting a high priority on BST applicants for a while.

Nox[/quote]

Valsuvious

Hmm.. let's see

1.  9820... soo close :(
2.  hmm.. i think that I've seen it upwards of 1850 now.. but normally around 1820 or so
3.  well, depends on the mob.. but typically upwards of 220, but most of the time I'm sitting around 170 - 180 per mob.  Don't use a pet really cause he dies too easily, but my spirit pets do about 6k normal dmg minus procs in 1 min.
4.  I would say that beastlords raid role seems to be mostly dps, but there are times when the Pos has really helped the raid out a lot (Noqufiel fight anyone)
5.  Well, not intentionally but I've tanked Keledrix for about a min once.  Goddamn tanks got banished and I had too many dots running on him.. so I tanked him until I got banished myself.

So, as a shaman, personally I love having a few beasltords around.  My guild has upwards of 2 - 4 per raid, and they help me out alot with slows when I need it.  I do enjoy having them around, and I know that my guild placed an emphasis on getting a few more of them until we got the current ones we have.  They've certainly helped alot and we appreicate them whenever they are around.  Just wish that they'd let me flag my twink beastlord the rest of the way through Qvic :(