Main Menu

Highly desired / Must have effects :)

Started by Zurash Kittenclaws, July 13, 2004, 04:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurash Kittenclaws

Hey guys, I am sure I have seen a post about this very thing, but I have been unable to find it by surfing the forums or the search feature, if there even was one and I'm not imagining it.

I was curious as to what other high end beasts find to be effects that would be considered desirable, if not essential. Obvious ones are range effects such as druzzils, haste and the highest pet focus you can get your claws on, but are there any that may be a little more obscure but you have found very effective?

With the multitude of effects on time+ items I was wondering which ones most would rate over others. Thanks in advance. :)
Elder Zurash Kittenclaws - 70 Beastlord - Lanys T'Vyl Server

Frehn Lunarfury

Cold Nuke Focus, Faerune, Spell haste (detri and Bene), Buff extender are all focus items i'd like to have at all times

Evilsunshinne

+ avoidance items.  i love them, only at 35 but it looks like a difference.  definately would want more + avoidance.

Bengali

I have a range focus but it's more by accident than design.  I don't really think it makes much of a difference to me.

My must haves are Cold nuke focus, beneficial spell haste and mana preservation (either the DoT specific one or a general one).  Of course I don't have beneficial spell haste but I still wish I did.   Spell duration extensions are nice too.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rarrum

Main focuses I do whatever I can to make sure I never lose, are:
buff duration focus
nuke focus
pet focus
benefitial spell haste
heal focus

Others like a distance focus, while perhaps nice, I don't see as essential.  One nice thing thats come about lately is tribute.  If I need to replace my spell haste item, I can just get a spell haste tribute to last me until I find a new spell haste item.

Shere Khaan

Most important foci for me in order of importance are:

Pet focus (the higher the better)

Mana Pres

Nuke focus

Spell extension - used to have shawl and I really missed it when I upgraded. The tipt bracer with detri extension is a godsend :)

Spell haste - Detrimental spell haste is next to useless only need a tiny amount to hit max detrimental with hybrid innate haste. Beneficial haste is good for heals and buffs.

Extended Range - don't have it and never missed it.

Shere Khaan

Jataan

Dumul's Chest

+8 Block
+15 Avoidance
and ice nuke dmg mod

I cannot begin to tell you how much the Block and  +65 (total all items) Avoidance helps out. I believe that a beasts first order of business is to live thru a fight in order to deliver maximum DPS and Paragon towards the end. Any effect that helps you live longer is good :D

Right after this is pet focus, and for the same reasons.....Our warders are the best DoT's we have. Anything that keeps them grinding away longer on a mob is good. Anything that negates the need to heal them constantly is good.

So i guess what i am trying to say is, Dumul's Chest and Kizash boots are probably my 2 favorite items in the game because their effects are ones that i don't even want to try and live without.

ps. i know that Runed Flesh-Banded legs and pants of furious might give more Avoidance....but the +8 Block on tunic edges it out in my book, the BUT YOU BLOCK spam is awesome
Jataan Sixclaw
65 Feral Lord
Drinal