Main Menu

Help with weapon choice!

Started by Jolabst, July 30, 2004, 03:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolabst

Hi All,

I just got the Ethereal Destroyer and was wondering if anyone has parsed these three weapons and what works best for DPS?

Ethereal Destroyer
Savage Platinum Fist, or
Stone Etched Mallet

Let me know your thoughts on which for Primary & Secondary.

Thanks!

Tastian

For dps I'd go ED MH + SPF OH.

If aggro is getting you plastered I'd probably drop down to SPF MH and SEM OH.

If you have an ED maybe snag a CoW hehe always thought that was a nice "filler" weapon for when I was getting the tar beat out of me in spots lol.

Jolabst

Thanks for your comments!  But what is a CoW?  I've been going with ED main and SPF secondary.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=678483

Rhaynne

Cudgel of Wrecking.

The difference in DPS would be extremely minor (less than 3) with the SPF or the SEM in the offhand.  Since you don't have Weapon Affinity, I would probably go with the SEM.

Jolabst

With the lower delay on the SPF, would I get more swings on the off-hand with it?

Thanks again!

Rhaynne

You would, but if you get sinister strikes, you'll get a bigger damage bonus offhand with the SEM.

Tastian

The bigger OH DB is offset by the slower swings though and thus it getting applied less.  SS scales with delay of weapon and in most cases is the same overall damage boost.

Noxdowne Draggout

Aneya

I'd do ED SPF for max DPS.
SPF ED for slightly less DPS and also less agro.
ED SEM for extra MR AND DR resist or for tanking.
SPF SEM for ultra low agro.

I also recently picked up ED and found out much to my dismay that it doesn't work on Emp Ssra.

So even with a -300 to resist you have to watch out for mobs that resist ED.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

bummp

ED + WA5 = great dps

However, if your slowing, you may want to try one of the other above mentioned combos to reduce the amount of aggro you are going to generate.  This may not be that big of a deal depending on where you are exping, but if your doing some of the GoD content, sometimes a little less dps is good for keeping you alive.
Master Bummp Indanite
Feral Lord of Bristlebane, 67 seasons and counting
Veeshan's Fury

Grymlok

Quote from: AneyaI also recently picked up ED and found out much to my dismay that it doesn't work on Emp Ssra.

So even with a -300 to resist you have to watch out for mobs that resist ED.

I believe Emp Ssra is immune to magic effects.  He is one of those few special cases.

Anyways, could we let the month-old thread die?  :P

The Berserker: Foecussed