Main Menu

Help - Attack

Started by MisgnomerWA, October 29, 2004, 04:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisgnomerWA

My attack seems low when compared with other high level BST's, does anyone have any ideas on how to improve it? I used to think that it was because I was using a 1hb and the cap on those was lower than H2H, but now that it's changed I would have thought I would have more attack.

All weapon skills maxed, STR is 335 at the moment since I bought 1 level of Chaotic Potential.

Attack is 1544,
205 of that is from items.

Click on the sig for the magelo, your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tastian

I don't see where your unbuffed atk is that low.  You are missing 45 raw atk from being worn atk capped so that's ~60 more atk missing.  Also your str is a bit below max cap since you don't have maxed chaotic potential yet.  Old cap on unbuffed atk was 1561 or whatever (50 hours without sleep, crashing after this reply lol) someone will correct me on that.  When it comes to buffed atk then you have to figure in bard, avatar, hunter verse brells, etc.  Overall though your atk looks solid.  Oh and also some clicky buffs that stack like serrated dart.  *snores* errr I mean *shrugs*

Kashmiir Battlekat

According to EQRankings across all servers I have the 37th Best Attack Rating. Guess thats pretty good.

I think the key is Max Worn Attack (250). I wear 255 attack I believe.

Cool part is I still have some room to grow in attack :)

Find someone with good attack and review the following to see why there attack is so good:

Click on Magelo Profile.
Click on button labled "Mod2"
Click on button that says "ATK"

Hope that helps!

Sempai

For max unbuffed attack, it is really pretty simple.

Simply max worn attack (250) and strength (355) to get there (this requires level 70 to accomplish, but level is part of the formula too).

Now, some people do manually update their magelo to add attack, as the formula is slightly off atm, so it looks like some people are higher than everyone else, however this skews the results on lists such as eqrankings.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

MisgnomerWA

Ok, I won't worry about this too much- I'll just focus on getting 5 levels of Chaotic Potential.
The person I was comparing myself also has Bristlebane Party Platters in his magelo with a baking skill of 0. ><

I also recently bagged my Time shinai when I got my epic.
Am I wielding my weapons the correct way?
Using Epic with 2 lifetap augs in mainhand and JoS in offhand.
I miss the avoidance on the Shinai but. eh. Any ideas?

Sempai

Well, I use Cop's spreadsheet to evaluate my choices and I recommend it highly.

I checked the spreadsheet using my AAs, attack and stats and Shinai / Epic combo is actually your best dps choice of the 3 weapons you mentioned.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Rhaynne

That's  little subjective though.  I have epic 1.5, handwraps of captured magic, jagged onyx staff, despair, ED and Shinai.  Now from those, ED/Handwraps is actually my best dps choice, with handwraps/epic being second.

I go with Handwraps/Despair though - because the proc off despair is one of the better weapon procs in game and the dps loss is minimal.

Coprolith

Umm Rhayne, how you value the type of the proc is subjective. The spreadsheet just dumbly calculates dps, and does so with absolute objectivity like any other computer program  :wink:

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)