Main Menu

Hmm, not sure..

Started by Evandar, January 15, 2004, 09:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evandar

..I should repost it here, but wth I'll do it anyway just so the mods can have something to do :P

Repost from the Equipment forum:

"I'm kinda torn on back and face slot here.. Do you think I should go for pure HP or FT? I only have FT1 now and I feel I somehow need to get that up some (dont we all :p )

What I'm trying to descide on is this:

Cloak of Combustion vs. Cloak of Flickering Flame (HP, focus, vs more FT..)

Burning Mask of Terror vs. Great Mask of Flame (BMoT might be easier to get tho, since Its hybrids only and since I also want the Immaculate Vest from Fennin..)

What do you think? :) Its a DKP based bid system btw so ALL/ALL stuff usually is more expensive..

/cheers"
Evandar - Antonius Bayle - Retired - EQ
Dalle - Tauren Warrior - EU Stormrage - WoW

Kylaz

Well, unless your Magelo is outdated, I think you sadly need FT - I'd go for Cloak of Flickering Flame with no looking back.
As for the other choice - it depends if you're happy with the new FT level you have.
Personally (as a mana starved troll) I'd go for more FT...
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Dummkopf

I would go for the cloak of flickering flames first, main problem here is that most guilds dont really farm that spawn, and the drop was rare for us too, like 1 in 10 kills at most. I still use the Burning Mask of Terror since i cant get hold of another ft item at the moment, the mask isnt that good but ft4 is something very nice for hybrids. Getting the mask will be much easier since its an easy fight and can be farmed. However, the mask is the rare drop, at least for us.

Evandar

Thanks for the replys! And yes, the mask from Druav is really rare for us too :(
Evandar - Antonius Bayle - Retired - EQ
Dalle - Tauren Warrior - EU Stormrage - WoW

Grymlok

8 kills... 7 swords, 1 AoB mask.

Drurav doesn't like us  :evil:

The Berserker: Foecussed

Frehn Lunarfury

We've had 2 BMoT's drop in like 12 kills.  It was a nice upgrade for me from the Dreadfang Mask, I'm happy I was awarded it. Everyone seems to want the PoP Veng Masks, But yet Vengeance isnt all that hard to acquire imo.  Prior to making it to the ele's, I had one FT, and now with also receiving CoFF I'm up to 10 FT. Gotta say, I love having a lot of FT.  In raids its not too noticable when you are buffed to the brims, But when I'm on my own that extra FT really speeds things up.

In the end, its all up to you.  Those are all great items.

Yiktiki

As I'm just getting into a DKP guild I am realizing the merits of going for the easy bid, I'm new so don't have lotsa DKP to spend now, so cheaper is better.  I would probably go for the hybrid stuff just because its still good, and I can get some vital upgrades that will make me useful on time raids.  The FT would be nice, but so would the e'ci focus.

I sure hope to see some new AP purchasable focuses with GoD... Yes, I'll take the 'Wrath of E'ci' focus please, sure I'll put it on my .. erm.. boots I guess.  =oP
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

Caave Monster

For the back, yah the Cloak of Combustion would cost more on the DKP
system but the other cloak is an all day thing to get. (Drops from
Arbitor if I remember correctly.)  FT Cloak isn't really farmable
having to clear all the 4 rings in poearth anyways, and Quavonis is an
easy kill.  Probably see more Combustion cloaks in the time of seeing
maybe a few of the FT cloaks.

For the mask, good luck on getting the BMoT... so far I would say near
7 or 8 druav kills and a few hp/atk with a lot of swords.  Though we don't
kill him much anymore.  I see you have Immaculate Vest and ya might
have better luck with the GMoF soon.  Oh, and if you guys still do PoA
avatars, Wind drops a Fine Hammered Faceguard which is pretty nice
and more common than both of those masks probably.
Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar