Main Menu

Rotty get beefed up?

Started by Catnip_Inny, September 19, 2009, 02:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catnip_Inny

We are killing Rottrued right now and hes an ass beater... we arnt slowing him cause he amps up his dps if slowed... some people got hit for 40-60K and hes got a ton of emotes that we never noticed before when we beat him...  Anyone know if this fight has been changed or what?

Catnip_Inny

some people were hit for 97K FFS either something has changed or they flat out broke this event...  its impossible to kill a namer that hits for 97K...

we re-engaged with no debuffs on him and he still hit for 95K... so its not like he got slowed and turned assbeater on us all of a sundden unless if he ramps up he stays ramped up the entire time evne after event resets

tried it with slow afterwards and didnt change anything (just incase they changed it)

Gutterr

We had this issue.  Someone BDA'ed tank and Rott proceeded to kick the shit out of the raid while the tank wondered why he couldn't taunt.  We tried him again and he seemingly powered up each time.  When we went back and got the mission again we whacked him. 

Lesson on this, want to screw up the raid, BDA the tank as he engages...

Latang

Is it spell damage or weaponshieldable damage? 3-4 rangers could probably WS cycle and the raid could get him dead.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Nusa

I haven't noticed any change. Seems to go down like usual, both regular and hard versions. We normally slow him...I've not noticed a problem with that either. Don't think anyone's ever BDA'ed our tank, however....although the ramp tank is often a pally with a DA sword. I do call off/position my pet before enrage to save him...but stay on him myself.

wildwaters

Did it take you longer to kill than normal? Iirc sod mobs ramp up if they are up too long.

Grbage

My guild isn't that far along but read that if you screw up he doesn't reset so he stays ramped up. Have to drop the mission and go try again.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv