Main Menu

New Epic clue ?

Started by Aubre, September 15, 2004, 04:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bananea

These should be the first places you look though imo, target these first then go out on limbs.

a_moss_snake_001

OK, 2/4 out of the way, great work so far.

Now for the other 2...

1. Find a wild grass pushing through the stones in a place built on foul earth

In that sentence the following things stand out:-

a. WILD GRASS
Suggests a place that at least a strain of grass is able to grow wild. Note that wild means natural, not planted.

b. STONES and BUILT
Suggests a stone building or structure of some kind (at least with a stone floor).

c. FOUL EARTH
Land that has been corrupted either by evil or through long term contact with poison/disease

Looking through the list of zones that were updated I judge the following zones have some potential:

Iceclad
Tower of Frozen Shadows

Kithicor
Perhaps in any of the buildings

Dragon Necropolis
An ancient ruin built on a dragons graveyard. Could be anywhere though the ruin part seems more likely than the cave network.

Barindu
This doesnt seem likely but I simply do not know enough about the lore of Barindu to discount it. It has ruined buildings and I believe the power of Discord is known to corrupt the lands it touched.

Grieg's End
From what i gather of this place it was constructed by Grieg Vendicus as a shelter for him and his followers but they all subsequently went mad, reason unknown. Seems unlikely but I cannot discount it yet. Also i havent seen anything growing here and I've explored this zone very thoroughly.

Mons Letalis
Don't know enough about this zone to discount it. I know it has a spire structure in the middle but i'm not sure it fits the foul earth criteria.

MMCC
This one is a possibility, Alan V himself once stated in an interview that the "earth these catacombs is built on is corrupted causing sections to crumble away".

Plane of Torment
Again a possibility, a large fortress built around a barren and corrupted land. Most likely would be the bridge network and the castle (though that would SUCK since you need a key to enter and its not exactly a walk in the park in there)

Plane of Hate
Hmmm, possible. This entire plane is corrupted by hatred and very foul.

Plane of Valor
Plane of Justice
There are certain locations in both these zones that -could- fit the criteria.

Qinimi
My GoD lore sucks badly so I can't discount this zone. See Barindu.

Old Sebilis
LORE: The vast, ancient capital of the Iksar Empire, founded long ago by the Emperor Venril Sathir
Seems unlikely unless you take the view that iksar are evil and that evil may have corrupted the land.

Tenebrous Mountains
Perhaps the vampire castle

Umbral Plains
Lot of ruins here, Vex Thal being the most infamous.

Sol C
Never even been. I've heard its hot and lava filled.

Ferubi
My GoD lore sucks badly so I can't discount this zone. See Barindu.

Shadeweaver's
I was going to dicount this zone but then i remembered the scorched graveyard (with the nasty undead) and the ruins deep underneath with the Efreeti and the elementals.

Everfrost
Only place that would be of potential would be the lich caves and the entrance to Permafrost. Doesn't seem likely.

Warrens
Hmm, possible i guess.

Dreambringer

I have 4 pieces now... im to chicken bunny to turn in and have him eat the pieces... i have the tear from SG, the leather from Gunthak, stringy vines from Greigs End, and the twinkling shrub from Twilight Sea

Someone else go get them and try it plz LOL

Shieara

Where in GE did you get the vines?

karisun

Ideas for places to look with regards to grass and foul earth:  

City of Mist
Emerald Jungle area

If I remember CoM correctly (been ages since I've been there) it has quite a few undead and some crumbling ruins-type architecture.  Might be worth poking around in there.

I'm still working on my beast's epic. :)  I'm looking forward to seeing how this and the druid epic work out!

K
Elder Karisun Shadowdancer - 65 Storm Warden
Sashu Velloso - 56 Animist
Fantasy Awakened - Vazaelle

reliugg

turn them in one at a time, starting w/ the ones you are least sure about (shrub/vine) and see if he gives them back or asks for the rest of the items.
Reliugg - 65 Beastlord - Tarew Marr

Zentrel

do you turn them in or do you tailor them into the cap?

Shieara

He said to return the items to him and he would guide you on the next step, so I am guessing you do a turnin.

Dreambringer

OK so i put them in trade window and hit trade:
"You must turn in all quest items in at once to complete this quest"
and wouldn't let me trade.... /swollow whew... at least he didn't eat them. Another brave beastlord took one for the team

Zentrel

whats loc of where you got the vines in GE too btw?

TerjynPovar

Yeah, that Shrub is confirmed as being the Shaman epic quest item, so I highly doubt it's the Beastlord version.  You did find item #3 though, way to go! :)
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Dreambringer

OK, so i turn in Tear and Leather piece one at a time and it gives me the "Must turn in all quest pieces at once" but when i turn in the shrub i had and the vine i get "you can have this piece of (bunnies) back cause its not the epic pieces i need" speech... SO, i think vine is for different epic... im sorry to say. I could be wrong just heads up... i think what it does so it doesn't eat your epic pieces is it wont let you turn in unless all 4 are right. I hope this helps everyone

Gromk

you tried turning in say leather+shrub or leather+weed, then you can easy exclude the one that si wrong...

And could someone please post some more specific info on the GE item? it it in west or east part of zone? thats a start...maybe even what room or /loc, thanks!

Mahes

[Wed Sep 15 23:40:03 2004] Players on EverQuest:
[Wed Sep 15 23:40:03 2004] ---------------------------
[Wed Sep 15 23:40:03 2004] [ANONYMOUS] Mahes  <Lumiere Divine>
[Wed Sep 15 23:40:03 2004] There are 4 players in Gunthak.
[Wed Sep 15 23:40:15 2004] Your Location is -2646.38, 939.40, -43.25
[Wed Sep 15 23:40:18 2004] You appear.
[Wed Sep 15 23:40:19 2004] You say, 'Hail, Savage Lord Hunter'
[Wed Sep 15 23:40:19 2004] Savage Lord Hunter says 'Hm, me tired of giving out me leathers after me hunt luggalds so long to make dem. You go bring me three blue diamonds and den me give.'
[Wed Sep 15 23:40:39 2004] Savage Lord Hunter says 'Well, now me happy. You take dis for dat beastlord helm you gots to make.  Now go, me busy.'

Receive Taut Leather Swatch.  IDs as : A stretched, tight piece of leather.