Main Menu

SK or necro

Started by matt2323, August 05, 2004, 11:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt2323

I plan on boxing a cleric, beastlord and eith a necro or a sk. Going with a evil theme :twisted: . Im not sure which class to box with. Necro would be nice for dps but the sk would be good for tanking.  What Im looking for is what will let me see the most content of the game.  Tanking vs. dps. If I dont take Sk i would let the beast tank. Of course the sk would be harder to box due to having 2 mellees to position. I would appriciate any input. Thanks.  :wink:

Katonis

What split do you have set up? One box with three windows, three boxes, or two boxes with two accounts on one of them?

I would say though if you want to see more content of the game the sk/beast/cleric fits the trinity design better.  There is some versitility you just cant beat on a necro though. =P

Kat

Tastian

I really enjoyed the clr/nec/bst trio.  I've got a great sk too, but for the trio it just didn't work for me.  The nec is easier to box than SK.  It's a pain to box 2 melees imo usually.  The nec gives you mez, gives you another rooter, gives you a lot more dps, etc.  Beastlord tanks well enough, cleric heals great, and beastlords keeps aggro over the easy to box necro that gives great dps/utility nps.  That said I <3 duo'n my sk with my shm.  A very, very powerful duo that can do some truely amazing things.  8)

matt2323

I will be boxing on 3 seperate computers. I like the ideal of the sk but i think it would be easier to box the necro. But ultimately I would want a trio that I could do ldon, pop, or maybe god with. Never hunted in god so I dont know what trio it would take to hunt there. Thanks for the replies.

Katonis

Beastlords can tank well up to tier 3 from my experience in PoP.  Tier 4 gets rough and I would probably not suggest it for a boxed healer.

In GoD a beastlord can tank ok for the open zones.  I am not sure you would want to try in the sewers and other trials though, they tend to require a plate tank.

For ease of boxing though a necro is great.  Send pet, dot, dot, FD etc... melees are alot harder to use like you said.

Kat

danaconda

There's not much more to say that hasn't been said for this thread, so I will just throw my vote at the necro   :twisted:  

I 3 box a nec/bst/clr combo also. It's extremely fun and very easy to use. I have 2 boxes with the bst/clr on one box. The best thing about the necro is you can get nice DPS out of them and not have to worry about mana at all.

Oh yeah, and one more thing about the necro..... he can feign death if all goes bad and get up and rez the cleric back in. Very useful ability IMO.
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Tastian

The main thing is it depends what gear you are talking about and what level of progression.  A beastlord has no problems tanking HoH, CoD,  BoT, Tactics, etc.  Beastlords can tank ele's.  I've had beastlords MT trials 1-6 in GoD.  It's not always easy and you are talking about a certain level of gear, but if a beastlord is flagged for the ele's then they should have a level of gear or be close to getting a level of gear that allows them to tank it at an acceptable level.

I've duo'd a lot of LDoNs with my bst + cleric and the issue I ran into was never the beastlord taking too much damage or the cleric being low on mana, but simply needing to kill faster.  It really depends what you are talking about, but since you are talking trio and I haven't seen you mention tanking KT or anything I think beastlord is a more than suitable tank for what you are after.  You can tank riwwi in GoD and other spots, blaze through LDoNs, hunt tier 3 or so PoP for solid exp, etc.  If you had more examples of what you'd like to do we could give you a better idea of how possible it is.  Really though from all that you've mentioned I don't see the need to change from bst tank to SK tank.  Also with the necro you gain charmed pets, snare kiting, etc.  For working with both of those the beastlord is in much better shape the SK for sending pet and doing ranged spell damage.

matt2323

Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like necro is the way to go. I just want to be able to do as much as possible. I enjoy boxing for the ability to log on play and log off when I choose plus the added bonus of having more charaters to tackle larger prey.  Anyway thanks again for all the replies.  :)

Xarilok

Well....

That last statement "tackle larger prey"...

A necro isnt really going to let you tackle larger prey, just kill the same things you can now, faster.

Necro = faster exp, easier boxing.

SK = can tank harder mobs (marginally at that, but can tank better)
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.