Main Menu

Any advice on where to 3-box?

Started by Fin Beast, March 23, 2005, 02:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fin Beast

My crew is 69Beast 64Wiz 60Cleric.

I would love to have a spot that also drops loot to use/sell, as the wizzy is old school geared and the cleric is just plane gimp geared.

XP in GE is a bit slow, Gona try UP today.

Any other advice?

Beestyall

Have you tried Dranik Scar instant zones?  Have the cleric (as group leader) request one, the exp isn't too bad and you should be able to crawl back to where the named spawns in the fire pit (or invis).  It's possible that you can handle a level 64 started expedition, so play around with them for a while.  I find it handy because the instance zone means you aren't competing for spawns and you don't have to worry about stupid people.

Otherwise, I'd take that group to just about any place a level 70 can solo or possibly quad kite in the hero shrine basements in HoH or one of the fort walls in PoV.  I seem to do OK on experience with my trio there.

bham

Depending on gear on the beast you might be able to handle RcoD. Its pretty empty since DoN came out and the rune drops were increased in other zones but not RcoD.

You can use invis (your wizard will get fixed duration targettable invis at 67) to move around and snipe PHs for names. You can grab the PHs for Kyv Bowhound, Ornia the Foul, Dragorn Commoner and Stoneworker Stonetooth easily and also Granitesmash with a bit more trouble. Knocking off 4 or 5 of those every 20 mins will yield a lot of runes and sellable gear, plus maybe some upgrades for your guys.

3 guys probably wont be enough DPS for the camp, but with 4 guys in the high 60s (bst, clr, wiz, mag) I was able to do the Ungi the swift / murkglider deathsting camp. The 4 drops from these 2 mobs all still sell for 30-100k on Bertox. (Bygone butcher cleaver, that shield, discord-infested skullcap and those tasty chain sleeves).

I tanked RcoD starting at 68, with no raid gear, so maybe you can give it a try.

Otherwise, close up the level gap, do DoN missions, and sell the crystals (or upgrade your guys with them).
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Fin Beast

Thanks for the advice guys! Cleric is up to 62.

Am I off base or dont you need 4 people for DoN's?

I have done a few LDoN's they go well but drives me nuts the way they split up the camp loot.  :x

Hinthi

You only need 3 for a LDoN.  I trio them quite regularly.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

Dakat

To make it easier on the Beast, make sure when doing Instanced in DS to have the lowest level person get the expedition. This will allow the lowest possible level of mobs for that character. Having a 70 beast grab an expedition will have your cleric striving for mana, unless your beast is nicely equipped.

Once your cleric reaches level 63, I highly recommend going to LDON.  This is an awesome zone area where your cleric will level their butt off extremely fast. Not to mention it is rather decent aa at level 70. Mobs hit for 300s and do not midigate slow, have real low hp. I like EF myself, it was the only zone that wasn't nurfed for cash loot. Each mob drops between 17 and 20pp each kill.  However, I would recommend as well to go do the LDON that the character with the crappiest gear would get the max upgrades.

Zanois

if doing DS instances or LDoN make sure you remember to snare every mob, because I believe they all flee and that can cause trouble quick....

Hobble of Spirits AA is very good for these:)

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Hinthi

Your wizard should snare and I would suggest North Ro LDoNs for the pet aug if you do not have it already.  It will make a difference.  Plus for 40(?) more points you can get Remove Greater Curse for your cleric.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen