Main Menu

Question for 2 box on the sleeper

Started by Gunzak, July 10, 2006, 06:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

I have a level 20 Necromancer and 17 Shaman on the Sleeper server that I am 2 boxing and am lookin for a better combo.  So far the Shaman is completely useless having crappy dots, only 1 good dd and total shit melee dps.  He cant even solo a dark blue mob without going oom from having to spam his dd spell over and over with the new mob dps and hp changes.  My Necro on the other hand has been soloin level 24 mobs since level 17 and having zero problems doing it.  So far the only thing I benefit from the Shaman is the SoW buff but SoW potions are already available for purchase.  When I agro kite mobs now all the shaman does is sit down and med and re cast sow once it drops.

What i am lookin for is a better class to play for dps and fun which the Shaman is not.  I am considering a Mage, Shadow Knight or  Druid.  I would like some feedback from the people who play on the progression servers as to which would be the most enjoyable combo to play.  I am leaning more towards the made since their pet is insane right now with the retune and their spell dps is real high.

Khauruk

I think druid, mage, or wizard could all be good.  Druid has much utility to give you (regen, ports, dots, root, heals and much more).  Mage has good pets which probably are proportionately very high dps in that level of game - probably the highest sustained dps of these three right now.  Wizard is decent dps, and just "point and shoot" - easiest bot.

Dunno what I would pick, honestly.....druid or mage probably.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gunzak

Yeah casters are way over powered after the patch.  Because mobs had their dps jacked up melee classes are having a hard time keeping up and a large number of people who started melee classes have already deleted em and moved on to casters.  The only reason I am considering a SK is for the lifetap otherwise heals would be a big problem with just a Necro.  If I play a Mage then the pet can complement my necro pet while agro kiting or possibly the Mage pet can just tank the mobs.  I have seen lower level mages pet tank the named sisters in OoT which I can only kill by agro kiting.  Its crazy that a level 16 Mage pet can tank a level 24 mob in OoT but they can.

PS with the Mage I also get the best damage shield in the game and can summon magic weapon for my soon to be duel wieldin pets.

Ikkorus

I would go with the mage without a doubt.  They are really easy to two box since their pets are really nice DPS alone.

Gunzak

Yeah looks like Mage will be the way to go.  I can buy a ton of cb and df belts as well as bone chips to quickly pl him to a level where he can group with my necro so the only chore will be casting low level spells to raise his skills.  Of course with the rate mobs are being taken on the Sleeper server Beastlords will be open soon.  In under 2 weeks from launch Naggy, Vox, Phinny and Inny were all killed and the same guilds were going for Cazic this afternoon but I believe they wiped.  Give em another week and Kunark will be open.

Khauruk

Don't forget, the devs have set minimum times before a new expansion can be opened.  We don't know what those are...very possibly a couple of months minimum.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gunzak

Well Cazic was killed today so and the progression chart shows that the first 4 keys were naggy, vox, phinny and Inni so its a pretty good bet that cazic was the final one.  The main problem I have is that they violated the eula to do this.  You are not allowed to share accounts so why were they not banned or suspended when they clearly did this?  It is not physically possible to play 24 hours a day 7 days straight yet that is exactly what happened.  I sure hope its a couple months but I doubt it.  The devs already stated on the soe message board that the kunark hot zones will be on the progression server as well minus some of the special drops.

Essant

Actually, I'd go enchanter.  If you can single it, your necro can solo it.  If the chanter cant single it, he can mez it.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!