Main Menu

List of Macro issues or oddities

Started by Taiglin, August 25, 2006, 02:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiglin

Having read a few questions regarding specific macros on a couple boards I wanted to compile a list of issues people have/have had with them. If you have a solution to any of these or have some of your own pipe up. The preference is to solve these issues with solutions that can be found in game vs a 3rd party device (ie n52). Maybe long term people could /feedback them and or they could be presented to a dev in some fashion.

Target self and have bot heal you:
If you have a healer bot use the macro line "/assist main_toon" they will not cast if you have targeted yourself. Would be ideal 1 button solution to healing self or others.

Autofollow
There is no way to turn this off

Clickables
Is there a way to click an item that 1) isn't instant cast and 2) as part of a macro. As best I can tell this has to be done with more then one button. Something along the lines of

/say Hey pet here is your buff
/pause X, /click 1.5
/say Ok pet you are g2g
(dumb example but only thing that came to mind)

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

tunr

I believe that the right click option is not going to happen. I have seen other posts on the SoE boards about it so you could program a key to right click on say the cleric 1.0 for a rez and the answer as always been no from the devs.
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

maxawesome

Quote from: Taiglin on August 25, 2006, 02:48:07 PM
Having read a few questions regarding specific macros on a couple boards I wanted to compile a list of issues people have/have had with them. If you have a solution to any of these or have some of your own pipe up. The preference is to solve these issues with solutions that can be found in game vs a 3rd party device (ie n52). Maybe long term people could /feedback them and or they could be presented to a dev in some fashion.

Not experienced with n52 either, so these are all "old school" suggestions.

Target self and have bot heal you:
If you have a healer bot use the macro line "/assist main_toon" they will not cast if you have targeted yourself. Would be ideal 1 button solution to healing self or others.

Instead, do:

/assist Main_Toon
/assist
/cast #

This will cause your bot to target Main_Toon's target, and then heal it's target, which if you're duoing, will be your Main_Toon, thereby indirectly targetting your Main_Toon and casting with a single click.

Autofollow
There is no way to turn this off

Not sure about this one. I'm guessing you already tried "/follow off" ??

Clickables
Is there a way to click an item that 1) isn't instant cast and 2) as part of a macro. As best I can tell this has to be done with more then one button. Something along the lines of

/say Hey pet here is your buff
/pause X, /click 1.5
/say Ok pet you are g2g
(dumb example but only thing that came to mind)

Monk's have a trick for this for their epic 1.0, but it will cost you 1 hotkey slot in your primary hotkey bank. What you do is make your macro for targetting the recipient of the buff, and then click and hold the inventory slot for the clicky item until it pops out so you can place it on your hotkey bank. Put your macro in, for example, slot 1, and the item in slot 2 (this is only an example).

Now, go into the options screen and go to keyboard mapping and change the Hotkey key mappings such that Hotkey 1 and Hotkey 2 are both using "1" as the key. This will highlight both RED in the options menu (what MORON would want one key mapped to two different slots???? Oh, right. Monks.)

That's it. You click your macro (my monk has Flying Kick tied to his epic clicky), and voila. Now the catch is that the macro and clicky's hotkeys have to be on the same hotkey bank, and also for each set in that bank, if you click 1, you will be clicking both 1 and 2, so adjust your hotkey banks accordingly. In my monk's case, I have the epic gloves in slot 10, and flying kick in slot 3. But if I Shift+2 to the second set in the bank, if I click 3, the 10th slot fires too (I leave it empty).

Sorry if that's confusing. Monklybusiness.net/org/com/whatever-it-is-now has a better guide to doing that.

-Iidun

Taiglin

Am familiar with the monk thing. That does two things independent of each other. Am looking for a way to actually build a delayed action into a clicky for use with say the bandolier function.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]