Main Menu

Going from a 2 box to a 3 box - which class(es) to add?

Started by Et^Cetera, January 20, 2007, 08:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

As the title says, going to start 3 boxing now and am looking to add classes to my existing pairs. I am going to level the account 3 charactor(s) from scratch rather than paying £ (which I dont have) for transfers. Playing 2 toons on main machine, and the 3rd on another machine. Rarely raid, usually like to box in my own little quiet corner somewhere. Have upto DoDh on both and probably the same on the 3rd account.

I have a few pairs of toons, which I like to keep a few levels apart so I dont have too much overlap and can hunt in zones of varying levels, while always keeping the mobs (new) dark blue.

Main pair - 70 Bst with 66 Druid partner (to go to/hold at 70)
2nd pair - 65 Ranger with 65 Shaman (will hold at 67-68 indefinatly)
3rd pair - 58 Zerker with 52 Shaman (will hold at 60 indefinatly)
4th pair - 45 BST with 55 Cleric (will hold at 62 indefinatly)

Account 1 also has a 61 Paladin, 63 Cleric and 52SK, while account 2 has a 61 Magician but they rarely get used.

Seems the best idea is to roll a new Cleric and share him between the 3 mains pairs,depending on which pair I am playing, giving the priest in each pair more mana to Dot/nuke instead of healing, while gaining symbol or V. Also, roll a new Magician for acc 3 to get bst/clr/mag which will hold at level 62.

So the new trios look like this:
Main pair - Bst/Druid + (new)Cleric
2nd pair - Ranger/Shaman + (new)Cleric
3rd pair - Zerker/Shaman + (new)Cleric
4th pair - BST/Cleric + (new)Magician

My thinking is that rolling just 2 new toons means I can get them both upto level 45 within a few days and group them with the pairs ASAP rather than rolling 4-5 different classes (1 for each pair)

Thoughts?
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Khauruk

My thoughts:
*Main - Bst/Druid/Knight, or Bst, Druid, Wiz.  If the druid's healing alright now, stick with it.  If you're looking to add dps, hit the wizard connection.  They're totally tops for xp group dps w/ ooc regen.  If you're looking for bigger stuff, roll an SK or pally.

2nd - I'd probably add a monkey to the mix.  Make the monkey your tank, and use the ranger for plinking/pulling/CC.  That'd be a darned nice combo.

3rd - Cleric sounds good, if you make the cleric a paci puller.  Zerker snares, and shammy root parks (don't recall if they can get VP at that level though).

4th - mage would work nicely, though they lose some of their utility w/ the fixing of pet pulling.  Still, loads of offtanking at that point (2 capable pets), and good dps.  I don't know if the raw dps of a wizard would offset the addition from pet toys and DS at that point, but I'm thinking it would.  I'd look at wizard there also, frankly.  Mage is cheap to equip though :)

Have I become a wizard fanboy?  Wow..>I think I have.

Note that most of those suggestions are AE-capable classes.  Use your druid to PL them, and you'll be able to get toons to lvl45 quickety split. 

I'm leery of using one cleric between all three accounts - you'll want it to be 70 (or close to) for your main pair, but that'll totally trivialize the game for the other pairs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Stash

I've been boxing for a few years now.  My main being a 75 beast, my second being a 75 bard, my third being a 75 dr00d and my fourth being a 75 enc.  I am in a raiding guild so my gear is pretty good.  My bots have scored alot of rot loot since I box them on raids. 
I find that I can pretty much do anything I want to do just short of AG and or FC where the mobs hit for over 2k.  Anything less than 2k its not a big deal.  With a few aa and some decent gear beasts make great "group" tanks. 
At first the only thing i used the bard for was for single pulls/selo's but after /melody came out along with audio triggers for "missed note" i can keep songs going np.  Dr00ds can heal really well, and add some nice buffs in the mix, reptile, direwild, DS etc.  As for the enc I usually just /assist me /pet attack /cast nuke /pause <whatever> /cast nuke.  IF I get multiples that I cant handle then I will start mezzing with him.
Recently I leveled up a berserker to 70 (and 150ish aa) to see what all the fuss was about and found that I really like him sometimes in place of the bard.  Fast snares, quick stuns when a mob is about to cast gate/heal and uber DPS with the clawhammer off of Rikky.
As long as you have a tank type, healer, slower/buffer any 3 classes work well with each other, but some will get the job done faster than others. Just depends on what you like to kill or what zones you like to farm.

Stashum Sixfootdeep of the Nameless
Stashum Sixfootdeep - LEVEL 75 - Beastlord - Of The Nameless

Xacer

I Run a Bst/Druid combo and I have to say that theres not to much that worries me if i dont try to be superman. You have everything u need in my opinion to be succuessful. Tank,Heal,Slows,Dps,Snare,Travel (ports,SoE,Evac).Pulls are the only thing lacking and u can use Druid paci/pet pulls a bit.
The best thing i can find to 3 box with the smallest of effort or worry is a necro.

Sure the druid and semi-paci but I find that doesnt always work. adding the necro will allow for single pulls. and he throws down good dps with minimal effort by throwing in pet and dots then FD to eliminate argo problems and already meding for next mob.

The only other thing i can think of to help out the pulls and dps would be a bard. But then you would have to deal with the issuse of boxing 2 melee dps which is not as easy as it sounds in alot of situations.

The Truly best Combo i believe is the SK/SHM/WIZ. I have a buddy that runs that combo and from the time he had little to no gear to now(anguish). There isnt much that he cant do. Ive seen him take down raid mobs such as Ragewind with that combo. ( It just sickens me).
As the above list states this gives u all you ever need for an effective killing spree.
Pulls- Few classes better then SK
Tanks- Top 3 tank Class
Heals- Equal to druid with shm HoTs now days, ad in the SK self healing ways and ur good.
Slows- Best in EQ
Snares- SK snares are more then enough to stop a running mob.
DPS- Wizard- hello- plus the ability of SK to Own argo- Nuke away. OH and shm buffs/dots.
Travel- wizard ports-evacs-transloc/Shm levi SoW etc.
Sidenote: Crowd control.  Sk AoE argo, decrepid skin, Shm AoE slows.  If he can handle it run away from casters and FD. Wizard/shm rootrot.
If all else fails. Evac.

I love my bst/dru and mini necro im neturing along but if i did it over SK/Shm/Wiz is too much for any mob to handle. Might throw dru in for shm for more dps and fun with alot of mobs but its still shm in my book.

Just my 2 cents.