Main Menu

The Funk 2box

Started by Swampfunk, June 22, 2007, 03:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampfunk

Greetings Beastlords,

I am Swampfunk, troll berserker.  But I am also Gatorfunk, who is my beastlord secondary main! That's right, I said "Seconday Main" because basically I put as much work into my beast as I put into my berserker.  Many people think I'm change for choosing the berserker/beastlord combo... they always ask why I didn't role a shaman, or a healer.  I tell them, well, I could be like everyone else, but beastlords are a pretty good support class... and they are.

First of all, let me say, I have the uber gear on my berserker, very very uber gear and max everything.... so, I'm way wronger than most...  But I couldn't solo worth a crap as a berserker.  I've always been a fast mover, I dislike downtime, and I prefer to keep my carnage setting on high.  With a Beastlord as a support class,  you get more dps than ANY other support class.  You still get slows, buffs, and some healing.   But you also gain Paragon/Pets/Roars/ etc... and DPS.  Beastlord DPS is why I went with a beast. 

As I figured it... a healer can restore my HP, and provide good buffs... but the fights will take longer, and my berserkers DPS is lower without bst buffs... soo I kill less, but live more...
But, I really don't need all that healing for most anything I do solo.   That's where I said, well, I'd rather double my kill rate over a good support healer...

What I wonder is, does anyone else box a beastlord with a non healing class?? I figured an uber warrior /bst combo would be good... or maybe a mage/bst/necro combo would be funny as well. 

Anyways, thanks for reading, just had to post!

-Funk

Bored at Work? Look>-> **NEW** Website: http://mypage.iu.edu/~jweakley<--- CLICK!!
Swampfunk - 75 Berserker of Momentum

Gatorfunk - 75 Beastlord

Sanois

I played a beast necro combo for a while.  Necro for heals and damage and beast for slows.  I have not played this combo since 55 to 60.  I had to drop my necro account for a bit but I am hoping to pick him back up this month and catch him up to my beast.

maxawesome

I'll second the BST/NEC combo. I did BST(70) with DRU(67) and that is awesome too. TONS of utility, some added DPS from dot's and nukes, good enough heals (hell I barely break 10hp with Tenacity), ports, snare, etc.

The BST/NEC combo though is pure sustained DPS though. Currently my setup on another server is BST(65) and NEC(58, almost 59), and I can pull non-stop till I have to rebuff in places like PoV, GE, Veksar, and other grindage spots.

Pure DPS, and 125/tick heal to keep BST at 90%+ HP constantly. Good stuff.

What I do is:

Pull with slow, then incapacitate mob.
Engage BST and pet in melee.
Send in NEC pet, then Darkness to snare/dot.
NEC casts Shadowbond heal on BST.
NEC lays on about 6 DoT's on mob (all the under-40sec ones).
NEC clicks his Demi-Lich skullcap (a must have -- free 122hp/tick lifetap dot).
NEC casts Shadowbond heal on BST.

All the while, NEC has Demi-Lich going (he's only 58, so no Arch Lich or Master of Death yet) for 34 mana+/tick, plus Spiritual Dominion for 9 mana+/tick. He stays at about 75% mana constantly. Shadowbond is a 1 mana heal. Can't beat that. And he just got Mind Wrack, so he can replenish BST mana by that and his mana flow "twitch" line.

It's a very good combo.

Later on, they will duo Nest instances. It's a solid exp combo, and they are both solid solo too, so if I don't feel like boxing, I don't have to.

Kerena

Played a Beastie / Rogue for a while with Kere an Zillie, and thinking of starting up the Beastie / Zerker with Zil an Fen now that they're on different accounts.

Greystoke

I usually 3 box SK, BST, DRU. All hybrids but have all bases covered. Buffs, heals, ports, tanking, dps.
Can't we all just get along

maxawesome

Quote from: Greystoke on June 22, 2007, 05:44:20 PM
I usually 3 box SK, BST, DRU. All hybrids but have all bases covered. Buffs, heals, ports, tanking, dps.

Truth is, there's no perfect 2-box solution. You'll always lack something. Yours is a good 3-box, and I would add to your list that you have snares and pulling at your disposal too. Only thing you're missing for a total powerhouse is mez, but druid no-dmg root is ghetto mez enough, and SK can fear. I'm not sure how you manage boxing two melee classes efficiently, but I guess it can be done.

:)

Greystoke

SK fear is not viable for CC these days. Anything at 70 + level resists. As for managing 2 melee toons, it's not that hard. All you have to do is realize trhe SK is not there to do damage. Taps are used as a means to heal, not to do damage. The BST is there for melee dps and the druid for dots / nukes and heals. The Sk snares, it is so second nature to me that i forgot to mention it. The SK also does all the pulling. No need for pacy. 95 % of the time, no need for CC due to the SK pulling. As long as the Sk has aggro, and the druid can heal , no problems.
Can't we all just get along

chatoyan

I do Bst/Dru/Mag which works very well in a lot of places and isn't very demanding in terms of the attention I have to pay to the casters. A basic pull tends to go like:

- Bst: pull with slow, cripple, engage the mob as it arrives
- Dru: start long cast clicky dot
- Mag: send pet, malo, rain nuke (I find less aggro issues with the rain spells)
- Dru: (optionall debuff, depending on mob), rain nuke
- Bst: nuke
- Dru: heal (usually 1, depends on mob)

The main limitations are pulling indoors, and my bst's gear isn't great so I can't do serious mobs by myself (too much aggro from druid heals on mobs that hit for more than 800-900). Depending on the zone, interrupting mob casting can be problematic, so I opted for the chatoic strike augs in both hands. Using mage air pet helps, too.
Novasc - Level 75 Beastlord of the Seventh Hammer
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1206185

Tiroon

Well I did plan to box a druid to help my beastie but then I also planned to play a mage rather than a bestie. :roll:

Anyway I box two beasties - well one of them is listed as a chanter but you couldn't tell from the playstile. :-D

Not something you'd do for efficiency but good fun anyway. One thing I like is that I can hold camps no one else is doing (when CT was made hot zone again my snickering must have been audible across the Atlantic). Two pets' bashing helps against healers like the BoT bees. No examples at 75 since I rarely went out without being in a full group recently, but you get the idea.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

kharthai

Bst/Wiz can be pretty fun.  Root/Snare helps with pulling, and massive dps helps with, well.. killing things in the face.  Especially with ooc regen, a wizard can speed up farming a lot.  Doesn't really let you kill things you couldn't before, though (unless you're kiting them with the wizard, of course).

maxawesome

I like to two-box two wizards.

Park one at one end of the zone with extended range, and another at the other end of the zone with extended range, and just let them ping-pong mobs that don't summon.

Works great until one of them gets hit, or trips over his robe and falls down and skins a knee. Then I have to /shout for a rez.

/I keeed, I keeed

Bigtail

Speaking of Zerker/Bst combo's I too box a Beastlord/ Berzerker, im still working out the kinks and trying to gear up my zerker more because my beastlord is a lot more powerful than him atm but chain classes tank > than leather Ac wise. at least imo.

Kope

Started a Zerk to box as well, and has become a very useful DoT, snare bot- however, I am starting to get excited (looking ahead to finishing Katta faction, only have 2 Sigs left for agnuish, and 2 missions left for DSK) about having the Zerk start doing the tanking. 
                                          ****WARNIG****
Be very, very careful starting a Zerk box.  Zerkers are inherently fun and can severely impact your judgment as to what your main should be :)

Blarp

I just only started to Box a Cleric with me maybe a year ago its well worth it yes lacking the dps but make up for it in Raw healing power, not much of anyhting that hits for 3-4 i cant take down.  i can hold 1k ish dps with pets going and such with growl when taking undisc'ed so i can brun somethings down fast i think. i know 1k dps is not much but betetr then we used tog et. and it is 100% steady kills if you looking for exp. thats just my 2 CP later peace out.

Felinious

In the past, I 2-boxed a bst/wiz combo and enjoyed it up until I reached level 60 or so.  At that point, I found that I had to be really careful about where I parked the wiz so as to not get hit twice and die.  I've done a bst/clr combo as well and found that to be lacking in dps (again, around level 60 or so and with crap gear on the cleric.) Presently, I box a ranger with my bst and really enjoy it.  The ranger isn't quite as fragile, and with /autofire, endless quiver, and headshot, I can plow thru light blues at an amazing rate or, with the new single target paragon I can tank some fairly hard hitters (TBS pirates for example) without much worry, just dps from the ranger and a spot heal or two.

Felinious Purrdiem
Level 78 beastlord
The Tribunal