Main Menu

Reasonably doable Katta missions with Beast,Clr, Mage?

Started by Sindaar, November 11, 2007, 07:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sindaar

Hey guys,
wanted to ask and see if any of you knew of Katta missions which can be completed with Beast,Clr,Mage combo without too much hassle? (Would like to get mage decked with katta armor, but he needs the faction and beast still needs swarm pet)

Magelos:
Beast http://eq.magelo.com/profile/513834
Cleric http://eq.magelo.com/profile/901230
Mage (lvl 72, 146AAs, 6khp/7.6kmana)

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Elder Mubu Bearlubba
Animal fur collection
Venerable Akilax Jamness
Blessed Armor

Kenusten

Fate of the Combines.  Knowledge for Power.

The first for or so missions from Solteris access certainly are tankable, but some of them might need either a puller or a mezzer.

Maylian

I can't check magelo links on this PC, but I used to duo Solteris 1 - Knowledge for Power with my cleric all the time. Test regular Atiki mobs first to see if you can box them since the lords can put out some very mean and spikey damage. Every mob in Solteris 1 is single pullable by any one with the exception of two mobs which are both upstairs. In one of the rooms there are 2 bugs right by the door and then two rooms later it is 2 efreeti's. Usually depending on how quick you want to go it will take about 1 hour to duo and a few mins to get back for the hail.

Faction hit wise I think it is better than slaying snakes quest and can get some decent vendor trash drops as well. If you wanted to try Solteris 2 and CoH pull it might be worth a shot, depending upon gear.

Gunzak

You can do the serpent task as well as the task in the greenhouse.  You wont get any Orux but you will get faction and both are in the same spot.  I used to tank the snakes with my Beastlord with only a Druid or Cleric for a healer.  I hit Amiable so far from doing almost all those two tasks and only a few, 5-6, missions.  Your Beastlord has more hp/ac then mine and double the AA so should be no problem.  The snakes rarely resisted the level 70 slow and max hit was around 1200 with the average in the 700-900 range.  With new AC mitigation upgrades they are probably even easier now.

At 75 the snakes in Katta were all DB, even con at 72-74, so were good experience too.

maxawesome

Fate of the Combines is exceptionally good for this. Get the task in Katta, zone to Atiiki, enter the pyramid that is straight out from the zone in, hail the sphinx, kill 4 efreetis, 1 bug, and 4 phobo cubes, and the named will spawn. You will fight him 4 times, each time knocking his HP down 20%. The named has about 80khp and hits like the efreeti lords. Slowable, snarable, rootable. Each time you take him down 20%, he respawns in a different room. He is not social with the other mobs in his room, and can easily be pulled out of the room.

Reward, like all the group tasks, is 25-50 orux (depends on how often it is completed on your server...it is stuck at 25 on mine nearly 100% of the time), and then faction hits are calculated as: Faction Hits = Orux / 2, rounding down. So in this case, if you get it at 50 orux, the faction reward is 25 hits. At 25 orux, you get 12 hits.

Solo tasks (Serpent Slayer and Herb Retrieval) can be done simultaneously, and each yield 10 faction hits per completion, but no orux reward.

I would recommend doing the Fate of the Combines or Knowledge For Power until you've got enough orux banked for your spells and whatever armor you need, and then finishing faction off via the solo tasks.

Also, at each faction level you gain access to the next level of spells. I think starting at indifferent, you can purchase the rank 2 lvl 71 spell, and so on, and must have Ally in order to buy the level 75 rk2 spell.

Hope this info helps.