Main Menu

Looking for input on a husband / wife 2 boxing team

Started by Urrzen, December 18, 2007, 08:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urrzen

Hi everyone,

I currently have a 69 bst (with only 10 AA..been trying to level) and I have been playing with my wife who started a new sk a while ago (64 now with no AA). We used to play other characters a while ago, and we have decided to each start 2 boxing. The wife has a 67 cleric so we decided to move that character to a new account, but where we have a bit of a issue is on deciding what character of mine to move over as well.

I have:

67 mage
68 necro
58 shammy

I have been thinking about moving the shammy over to the new account, but the wife is thinking the mage would be better overall. I like the idea of the added pet and extra dps from the mage. But the shammy is also apealling as well for buffs, backup heals, little extra dps from dots and of course slow.

What would you all recommend?

Thank you
Urrzen

Khauruk

Mage or shammy, you won't go wrong with either.  Shammies would allow for some trophy-style kills, and do some seriously respectable dps when they are able to.  Mage is obvious - dps, pet stuff, CoH, good offtank w/ SoF pets.

I would go balls to the wall AA for a while on the bst and SK though, while it's easy/fast - you'll need those AAs to do well post-70.  Maybe wait 'til 71 for double attack, delevel to 70, and burn some AAs on bst.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Aumtuok

Personally I would go with the mage.  I like the baby mage i just started, pets, toys and nukage.  Personally I feel the bst and shammy would be to overlapping with each other.  If you wanted to you could lvl the shammy up and buff and then swap him out.  From what you said it sounds like your wife will be playing the sk and clr and you will be playing the bst and one of your choices, so the question is which one of the three will you get the most effectiveness out of?

I would also say to stop lvling at 70 and grind out some aa, nothing worse than not having any good places to hunt becuase you are underpowered for the contenet.  When I came back I only had 80ish aa and now i am around 170aa, the difference is very noticable.  Where it used to take 1.5-2hrs to get an aa now I can crank them out in 30mins, also I can do some harder areas now that I am deep into the defensive AAs.

All that rambling aside, go with the toon you think you will have the most fun with.
Aumtuok 70 Beastlord on Bristlebane

Thorgador

Both choices are good, mage offers some nice dps (nukes, pets, ds...), utility and some control via pets and shaman offers great buffs, dps (dots, panther line, champion, ...) and some control (root, and virulent root AA is awesome).

Anyhow I personally like shaman more, playing myself a bst/dru/shm combo, as the shm buffs are outstanding :-), and offers nice dps and healing, although with cleric you got healing coped, you never miss some more healings (cleric ch and fast heals and shm hots, single and group), never go bad with a secondary healer if cleric dies, and you can call with shaman, wich is a plus.
Shm slow is also far better and more reliably than bst's so thats a plus, and this is only where bst and shm overlap, as shm buffs are a mileage better than bst's.

Anyhow play what you like more, both shm and mage complement good in that group )

Urrzen

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give an update..

The wife moved her cleric over to a new account, and I decided to move the shammy over to a new account.

The bst is level 70 now (holding and earning AA while the other's catch up)
The wife's cleric gained a level and is now 68
The sk gained a few levels and is now 67
and the shammy is now 64.

We decided to go with the shammy for the buffs / dots / panther line and a little extra healing does not hurt  :)

So far, this little group is really nice. We have been able to take on a few things that we would not have been able to solo.

Will keep you all updated as we go...

Urrzen