Main Menu

Worgs/Orcs--Loping Plains

Started by Mordeb42, April 28, 2008, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordeb42

Hello, I am currently boxing a 79 Druid and 79 Bst.
Dragonscale Hills is highly populated and so I am moving to Loping for short duration play times usually <1hr.

Yesterday I picked up the killing Worgs and killing Orcs quest and proceeded to kill them near Hills of Shade area.

I am looking for help on a better strategy.  Notes:  I am not the best at trying to kite with the boxes.

Strat 1: 
A)
pulling Orc/Worg with slow with BST.
Using Druid to root.
While rooted: Debuff Hand of Ro, Suns Corna, AA snare.
Bst: Top disease and posion dots.
Druid clicky dot from POT orb.
B) Reptile on bst (Don't have upgrade yet)
   Bst cast pet/self buff--Forget the name the 200regen/+damage/+hps buff
Reslow and tank with BST.
Use Druid to cast heals and large damage DS on BST.
Bst chain cast pet and nukes some to keep agro.

Ok this works great, except when root breaks instant then I have issues getting agro back before druid is smacked.

Strat 2.  (BST mana intensive)
Pre-buff pet with shield buff.
pull with bst slow and let pet tank.
While pet tanks.  Druid will debuff with ro/sun and reptile bst.
Bst will use pet/self buff and take agro when pet ~50%.
Druid will heal/ds/ and snare.
Bst will chain pets and nukes as needed to maintain agro.

Strat 2 consumes more mana than 1, but it was a lot safter.
[Gear: Bst is mostly scratched/sof tier 1 group with lots of AC augs.  Hits 2350AC with druid and self buffs]
[Bst has h2h orb from bloodmoon group mob and Anguish bst 1hb and epic 1.5 for weapons]
Both toons have <70AAs

So does anyone have any different ideas on the best way to do these mobs?
Thanks

Khauruk

I would change either tactics or hunting grounds for better exp.  Fastest you'll be able to get for druid is charm kiting the gators in LP imo (can get 10AAs/lesson ifyou're good/decent manapool), and it's 1/2 that grouped (though there'll be a disparity since you'll probably be out of range for xp on bst somewhat often)

Otherwise, I'd go to The Burning Sea zone, or maybe Direwind and crank out lots of AAs so you can stand up to the mobs in LP.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gohmur

Not knowing your gear, I say you are loosing a lot of dps from the beast not meleeing.  A group geared beast with decent SoF items should be able to tank the worgs in LP.  I can tank them without much thought with a cleric bot and only have to work if I pull 2-3 at a time. 

If that is not an option for you you might want to check out PoFire now that it is open to all.  The mobs there are LB but still give 4-7% aa per kill (depending on your aa count right now) and will be an easy tank for a 79 Beast with a druid healing.  TBS is nice as well, Dreadbone Reef is a good island to start on.

When Beast is tanking use slow to pull, and use Incapacitate and Flash of Light to generate aggro.  Once those have been cast then debuff all you want with the druid and stack on the dots.  Having snare on the mob would help to keep the mob away from the druid but that should not be much of a problem with beast spells.

Mordeb42

Thanks for the sugesstions on hunting grounds.  I eventually want to do some POF and POW for bst pet proc weapon and druid evac clicky shield.
Right now I am concentrating on DS and looping for faction grinding etc when duoing and when grouping with RL friends we usually go tier 2 and 3.  For short play times it is so easy to port to looping and just start killing. 

Last night the tanking was a little easier.  I used a light powersource and that helped a lot.  I do melee with bst after I get mob fully debuffed.  If I melee too early I get an occasional full max quad which taxes druid healing power.

I have found the trick for reducing downtime is proper use of pet tanking.  Pet doesn't have to tank much, but by pulling bst out a couple of rounds and having druid catch up on healing, I can really reduce my downtime because pet regen is so very fast.  Now I can do 2-3 worgs/orcs back to back then take an OOC med break to catch up.  This works really well duoing since I can do some things around the house / surf.

I am inerested on the debuff and dot mix u guy would go with in this scenario.  Is incapacitate still worth a spell slot when using anguish 1hb that has a -75attack proc?  Druid debuffs with Hand of Ro and Sun's Corna then dots with fireants.  I tend to use druid short duration DS buff since it has such a fast cast time.  I know it isn't very efficient, but it keeps the heals from being blocked by long cating time dots or nukes.

Thanks all.

Khauruk

Incap is worth it...it may not be seat of the pants noticeable, but bst need all the mitigation help we can find :).  Also, it's great agro, and guaranteed to hold agro off the druid.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

hokarz

At 78 with my 73 shaman, I'm duoing the bears near the fangbreaker camp. It's doable, but I need to use a HoT on my beastlord to keep up with heals so I can debuff the mob with malo and crippling spasm. Mobs dps drops dramatically after being crippled.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Sharrien

I've been doing the Daring Rescue task a lot lately with my beast/mage duo.  I let the pets tank initially and jump in with the beast once their hp starts to drop.  With your duo, I suspect that your druid should be able to keep your beast healed while tanking any orcs in LP.  Might have to back up and let the pet tank a bit to catch up on heals.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre