Main Menu

Favorite Hotbutton macros

Started by jabby, March 10, 2005, 10:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabby

What hotbutton / macro keys do you use on your bots?

besides two on each toon with /assist and /follow,

I use the following gimped one alot, on the standard 5-line hotbutton social

>/target kaityr
>/pause 3
>/assist
>/pause 3
>/cast 1

at least this lets my bot always target my target, regardless of lag or thier current target, and cast one spell.

I would love to be able to do more on each line though, ive heard you can use ; to do that but i havent had much success with it. Anyone else care to share thier most used hotkey setups?

:mrgreen:

Oneiromancer

Quote from: jabby on March 10, 2005, 10:38:31 PM
I would love to be able to do more on each line though, ive heard you can use ; to do that but i havent had much success with it. Anyone else care to share thier most used hotkey setups?

You can't have more than one normal command on each line, you can only do it with /pause.  I believe that you need to do

/pause 3; /target kaityr

and then the pause actually takes place after that command.  So your current setup should go

/pause 3; /target kaityr
/pause 3; /assist
/cast 1

So you have room for two more commands and their associated /pause statements.

I'm 99% sure that's the way it goes, I suppose it's possible that /pause goes after the other command and it is executed first.  Just experiment with it and you'll be able to tell in short order.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

jabby

awesome! thanks alot  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i'll try that tonight

Iskandar

I think it's a comma to separate the pause from the command...

/pause 3, /target kaityr

Not positive on that offhand though...
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

gpofcore

Yes, it's a comma and you can directly assist with:

/pause 3, /assist kaityr
/attack off
/pause 32, /cast 1
/sit

Setting attack off will allow you to mana regen if ur on a horse or else caster will sit down after casting when not on a horse, where the number in pause 32 changes depending on the spell and is the spell cast time plus 2 for lag.

Be sure to use the mem spell commands that allow u to memorize spell sets. Save, load or delete a spell set by right clicking the small spell book icon on the memed spell bar. (Left clicking this icon opens ur spell book). Once u have some good spell sets memorized you can load them in a macro with the
/mem buff
command. This loads my buff spell set which I saved as buff or Buff, caps don't matter.

I have a Buff em macro that casts some buffs after I've loaded buff spells and selected a target.
/pause 52, /cast 4
/pause 72, /cast 5
/pause 82, /cast 6
This will buff the current target with spells 4, 5 and 6. The pause amout is the spell cast time of that spell plus 22, which allows for 2 second recovery and 2 tenth second lag.

I also have a macro to do important stuff between fights. Starts with having my main fighting spell set memed so you don't have to load too many spells. Main fighting spells is memed with a hotkey macro. This macro casts spiritual line spell then mems fight spells.
/pause 30, /mem mana
/pause 72, /cast 5
/mem 1
where 1 is my fight spell set.

Loot macro:
/pause 2, /target a
/loot
This loots any mob that has name a or an something. In Seb the all named frog... so i change loot macro to /pause 2, /target f
This won't work if your looter has a name that starts with A cause it always target him instead of the corpse. Loot macro nice cause it will loot stuff in walls ect. If my bard is looting I add
/forage
/pause 3, /autoinventory
/loot

jabby

wow hey man thanks

this is gonna help ALOT. i knew i was in the stone age lol

hey is there any command that will let me

1) target myself (ok i know this one p)
2) cast 1 (know this one too p)
3) lose my current target (like by hitting the escape key?), OR target nearest mob?
4) turn attack on (know that too)

Oneiromancer

Sorry about mixing up the semi-colon and the comma...I think the semi-colon is WoW...anyway...

Not sure if there's a way to target nearest mob, but if I were in the middle of a battle and a Beastlord I would just /assist my pet.  /pet target and then /assist would work, if you have the macro slots for it.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

gpofcore

Whoops, there is no /forage command as I put in my above post. It is

/doability 2

or whichever ability number your forage command is on in your abilites page.

jaskorak

Thank you very much gpofcore, I appreciate you taking the time to explain your macro's. I am just getting started with the Nostromo n52 and your information was very helpfull, thanks again.

Sorien

Quote from: gpofcore on March 14, 2005, 02:58:41 AM
or whichever ability number your forage command is on in your abilites page.

Abilities Page?  Where might this be?

gpofcore

The abilities page is one of the goup of tabbed pages that includes a combat page tab, the macro pages tab, the socials page tab and the abilities page tab. To enter an ability on the abilities page you right click on the ablilities page and you get a list of those abilities your character has. These can include thinks like sneak, hide, track, pick lock and forage. If forage is the ability in the fourth box on the abilities page it can be done in a macro with:

/doability 4

Dreead

Well the title is favorite hot button macro's, so here is my favorite.

/target Dreead`s
/pause 1
/assist
/pause 1
/loot

It's cause I'm a loot whore like that, but I don't actually use it unless a corpse is like in the ground