Main Menu

Trying to choose partner for a duo- Mage or Cleric

Started by Jahlom, October 16, 2004, 04:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahlom

Hi everyone, been lurking a while and finally decided to post.

My wife and I recently came back to EQ.  We have been duoing my 60 sk and her 55 cleric, however I am itching for a change (have played that SK for several years, off and on.)  I started a beastlord alt, and the way things are going now he's probably going to become my new main, hehe.  

Anyways, as far as my wife's characters goes she of course has the 55 cleric as a potential duo partner once I get my beastlord up to level, and she also has a 60 mage.  I've read that people have had success parnering with each class, but I can't make up my mind on which would would go best with a beastlord.  We're not part of a raiding guild (the guild we're in is mostly retired, but a few friends still play.)  We hardly ever group either (as once again, most of the people we used to group with are long gone,) so the stronger/more useful the duo, the better.

As far as level goals, we'd both like to eventually get to 65- maybe 70, but without a raiding guild, there probably isn't a whole lot of point to leveling that far.

Taiglin

Silly silly man - trying to dictate to your wife what she should play lol.

Of those two options I would think the cleric might be the better bet.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Hereki

Depens on what you are trying to do.

Bst/mage can kill anywhere pre-PoP and tier 1.  Bst/cleric can handle higher tiers.  You can't realistically handle GoD or Omens without a full group, and you need either Elemental flags or GoD/Omens to hit 70, and to make being 70 worthwhile.

Jahlom

Haha, I'm not trying to dictate what she plays, she's interested in playing either and also wanted to know what would work the best- hence, I am here asking  :)

Sounds like the cleric is going to be the best bet.  Thanks for the replies!

danaconda

Why dedicate her to one char? She can pick either one she wants for whatever the situation demands. You have a very unique chance because you don't need to PL any chars, so you don't lose anything by trying both.

I suspect that you both will maximize your fun by changing up the duo every now and then. You want to tank big mobs? Bring cleric with ya. Want to kite around for some mad exp in the planes? Mage. Catch my drift?  :D

No one says you have to drop the SK either...... SL/cleric make a good duo if you get bored with the beast for a little bit. Even if one of you maxes a character at 70, all 4 characters are within grouping range (unless the cleric has to be 56+ I don't know how it works that high up). Anyway, have fun. Good luck figuring out which to go with. :)
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)