Main Menu

Need Help to Decide what to DO

Started by Holap, October 14, 2004, 08:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holap

I currently just dinged my bst 65 and starting to work on aa's.  My current plan for aa's is defensive first with paragon at some point in there.  My problem is that I was boxing a friend's 65 Druid, but he currently came back to play.  So was wondering what class to get up in lvl, that would go along well with bst and druid.  I was thinking of either a mage or necro or even a bard.  Any help would be very nice, and thanks for any information in advance.

qwymm

IMHO
Mage = Not enough utility in a small group with BST/Druid
Necro = better, good pet, good spells, mana, mezz, fd, pinch rezz etc
Bard = too much of a pain to mezz

My suggestion would be
Paladin
Tank, decent AC/HP buffs (stacks with 9), decent heals, stun, rezz.  

Good luck

danaconda

First and foremost..... update your sig! You say you're 65 but sig says 46  :wink:

Back to the main question..... Tough one here. Since you're boxing I wouldn't go bard or paladin (two melee's boxed isn't fun and bards require too much attention). I'd either go necro or mage. Depends what you want. You got snare already. So no advantage to necro there unless your friend isn't on with you and you want to duo.

Advantages of mage is better pet, better DD's, pet toys, and malo. Necro has DoTs, lifetaps so you don't gotta keep him healed at all, superior mana regen so the DPS stays constant... and most of all..... Feign death, rez, ghetto mez.

Toss up there as to which fits your play style better. You like necro or mage better? Are you going to group with your friend for snare all the time? Necro can toss a 500hp heal your way (draining his own hp at same time) for only 10 mana so you can possibly tank more.

I like necro's better. That's just me though. Either will work for you I am sure.
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Taiglin

Another option is a Wizzy. Idea being if he isn't on you still have the porting ability (which I would miss) and good burst damage.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Dakat

Id say bard myself for your situation. The only thing you lack with your current group setup is mana for the druid and beast.  An enchanter might even be a choice. Granted Enchie or Bard will not have as much dps as a mage or necro.  And yes, to play a bard to its full potential you need to concentrate on him 100%.  A person mentioned you will have troubles with mez. It's actually not that hard when boxing a bard. Since you can use your bard to pull anyway. So you dont have to worry about adds to often.  And if you will have the druid with you, they can also gheto mez (snare and root) the add. When mob comes in, switch to the beast get to tanking then jump to bard and twist away. Just switch to beast to redot, nuke , grab agro again, or just get hitting on target again if target moves. Most times though you can just keep the bard in the back playing mana song while you just work the beast. Since you will have a constant mana flow, your dps will increase off of that alone.

danaconda

I know I mentioned necro before.... but I forgot that I read something about a /melody command that allows a bard to twist automatically.

If this goes well and makes it to live servers, then bards will be a VERY viable class to box! I would drop my necro suggestion and definitely go bard. Single pulls most of the times, mez for those few times you get an add, overhaste, regular haste, snare/slow, DS's, good lord the possibilities!  :shock:

I might have to PL myself a little bard to box with. Now I just gotta figure what account to put him on....... Acct1: Necro; Acct2: Druid/Beast; Acct3: Cleric/Rogue

I already have tons of leftover gear from other twinks and some from my friend who used to own the cleric/rogue account...... mmmm just thinking about making a new twink gets me excited!  :lol:

Mind you I consider the necro my "main" since he is so old now and I love him to death!
Dedlee Beatdown retired

Holap

Thanks for all the great replies.  Yes I know my magelo isn't up to date, can't remeber the password at all.  Back to the question, pally is out of the quetion, as i hate pure melee's and never managed to get one past lvl 21.  Leaning more to a bard or necro, espically if the /melody command goes live.  Thanks so much for all the support, was very helpful.

Jaeren

A pally isn't pure melee btw, it's a hybrid, they have a pretty good collection of buffs & heals.

Pure melee are chars that can't cast spells and have no mana. Monk, Warrior, Rogue, Berserker

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

danaconda

Hehe technicalities. I believe what he meant by "pure melee" is a class that melee's as most of it's life. Beastlord fits that role too, but of course we all know we are special cases!  :wink:
Dedlee Beatdown retired