Main Menu

Questions About My Little Kitty

Started by Damudge Deeler, March 01, 2004, 08:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damudge Deeler

I need clarification on a pet command, please.

if I do /pet back off, it will stop attacking what it is killing. If it gets hit, it will attack again. I think that is right.

When I am pulling, I try to get my pet to stay at the pull spot. However, often times they will go ahead and attack the monster. I use /guard here and /pet sit (using the pet box hotkeys), but he still attacks.

How can I make the cat stay there until I tell it to attack?

To target my pet, I can click F1 twice (or once if I am already targeted), or I can use /target pet?

I read the other day (and I cannot find it now), that I could use /assist %m, and it would target what my pet was attacking. I tried that, and it did not work. Was that the right command?

Thanks in advance for the advice and help.
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=19594 Monk

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=681851 Druid

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=808334 Beastlord

Jaeren

The only way to make sure the pet stays there is by getting aa (Pet Discipline) which gives you /pet hold

To target,

/target Damudge`

Which is short for Damudge`s warder

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Lizsolo

When I am pulling, I try to get my pet to stay at the pull spot. However, often times they will go ahead and attack the monster. I use /guard here and /pet sit (using the pet box hotkeys), but he still attacks.

Use /pet guard here before you pull (side note:  when your pet is guarding a spot, she'll act as a radar and point at the nearest mob :) ).  That keeps the pet in one spot - and the pet will return to that spot after a fight.

Just be aware that if you get hit while out pulling, your darling little pet will want to come out and help you!  So, if you got hit, tap your /pet back off button as you get closer to where you left the warder.  Warder will spin around and go back to the guard spot (unless either of you get hit again, of course).

Be aware that /pet sit clears the 'guard' spot.  So after a fight, the pet will just hang out wherever the fight ended.  /Pet sit isn't real overly useful unless you're low on mana and want the pet to regen health at a quicker rate.  Or, some perv halfling is getting too close to your pet's backside... :oops:
Another option for targetting your warder is /pet target.
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

totania

Quote/Pet sit isn't real overly useful unless you're low on mana and want the pet to regen health at a quicker rate.

I never found pet sit to be at all useful for increasing my warder's regeneration rate.  What is a true help is the LDoN pet focus.  It increases your warder's regeneration rates to truly sickening levels.  I rarely heal my pet anymore.  If my warder ever gets low on health I just hit my backoff button (combined /pet hold and /pet back off) and he rapidly heals without forcing me to stop swinging.

Member of Night Eternal

Damudge Deeler

Thanks for the replies all.

When I do /target Damudge'  
Do I have to use the apostrophe or was that a typo?

Thanks

Grbage

Use the apostrophe or it will target you instead.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Gnarloth

Quote from: Damudge Deeler
When I do /target Damudge'  
Do I have to use the apostrophe or was that a typo?

Just make sure you use the ` next to the 1 key and not the ' next to the Enter key. They are different characters, and you can't substitute one for the other.

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

Jaeren

Heh meant to put in to use ` but as I was playing my 56 cleric in a group as main healer I was just typing in short bursts. Pretty bad when you can melee & check boards when you are main healer cause the group is going so slow ;)

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Tastian

That's when you start pulling Jae.  As a cleric just sneak off and root a few mobs with different roots and be like, oh look here comes a mob, 30 seconds later, oh look another mob!! lol

Mindlet

One thing I have noticed is that if you have pet guarding a spot and go pull and pet starts attacking the mob is that after a pet back off he walks back to the guard spot really slow and usually just gets hit by the mob again. If he is on follow though he will run back with me at full speed.

Damudge Deeler

Felidae

A couple of additional notes....

Area of effect spells, particularly damage over time ones, really tax /pet back off.  Damage is damage and you pet is going to want go kill every time it is *damaged* not just "hit".

Some mobs also have area of effect taunt.  This again will draw you warder in.  In Kael, either Vindi or the Statue does this, no one feels anything or takes any damage but suddenly ALL pets that are not held go off after the mob. wipe.

/pet hold is a must.

That said, using SoW or Shrew on your pet does help.  If your pet is moving faster there is a chance that it wont get hit again as it backs off.