Main Menu

Ogre wants another pet / what would be your favorite ?

Started by DocMoriarty, May 26, 2004, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocMoriarty

I am an ogre beastlord and kinda tired of getting the dull first release EQ bear grafix pet. There is way cooler stuff around.

My personal preference would be a 'swine' pet, like the swines at Nadox. That would match an ogre beastlord way more than that oversized dull bear puppy.

Just my preference ...

Tastian

What about a war boar from tactics?  Early on it can be a piglet and then as it levels it can take on the armor and everything.  8)

JillieMT

Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Krunkk

Although I like my bear (the whole portruding bottom lip thing is just pimp) I do like that War Boar Idea of moving from a nekkid piglet on up to a very large armored boar. Think it would be great lol.

If nothing else, they should change the pet to the new bear graphic from places like Nedarias. Then again, if you think about it, Iksars have the original scaled wolves (which looks great), trolls have the original crocs (not bad in their own right), barbarians have new wolves because they got rid of the old wolf graphic, Vah Shir's have the original Tiger graphic, not their fault the Tiger's were made how they were lol.

yes, think a War Boar or something would be "cooler", but another thing you have to take into account is each of the races take something that has to do with either them (Vah Shir get Cats) or their environment (everyone else) they put bears into the Feerott when the BL came out to justify the use of the Bears as pets, theres no piggies running around in Feerott.

Ogre's get bears, large, menacing, dumb as rocks bears from their home jungle (jungle bears... oh joy lol)

Iksar's enslave a young Scaled Wolf at a young age and force them to fight at their side

Barbarians have a High regard for the wolves of the north, even naming there guards after them, so naturally they pick these animals from their native tundra to fight beside them.

Vah Shir's are kitties, they get kitties (even though no kitties in Vah Shir newbie fighting grounds, still makes sense, not much else in there for BSTs to use as a pet, cept maybe Saurek's)

Troll's Eat everything and anything, Croc's eat everything and anything, they both live in the swamp, Troll's use Crocs to fight for them

it all makes sense, if you changed Ogre's to a story like

At his 9th rank Krunkk ventured into the depths of <insert place with piggies here> (dont think theres one a lvl 9 can fight in) and wrestled a pig to the ground and has been using it to fight for him.

It doesnt make as much sense IMO

at least that's MY spin on things

Atropine_BB

I'm an Iksar, and I want a Wood Elf honie to be my pet.

I should be able to enslave myself a level 61 wood elf chicka to do my bidding.  She needs to Quad for 79 when summoned with my DPoC.  She needs to /shield me when I get below 20%.  She needs to /bring me beer when I run out.  She also needs to /wash my armor when it gets dirty.

Booyeah.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Rumtum Tugger

I was thinking Ogres get armadillos.   :D  

The entire time I played a newb ogre SK I never saw a bear.  While croc's, wolves, scaled wolves, and the guard cats in in Shar Val are all readily apparent.  So ogres get armadillo's, an M1A1 Armadillo (Main Battle tank flavor.)  We'll talk about the 140mm main gun later.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"

Krunkk

The bears were added into the jungle when the Beastlords were put intot he game (luclin) they are called Marsh Bears, the armadillo's really shouldnt be there, they should be snakes or something, the little armadillo's were put in as a "pest" when they introduced the newbie "pest extermination" quests in most home towns, though there were a few lvl 2 armadillos before that. Id take a bear over an armadillo any day lol

** Edit **

Reason I say the armadillo's shouldnt be there is there are none in the outlying jungle, theres tons of snakes, bats, frogloks, lizardmen, and now bears, but no armadillo's, if they added armadillo's to the actual jungle and not just the town I could see it