Main Menu

Lvl 60 pet vs lvl 64 pet dps loss?

Started by Dhantes, August 25, 2004, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhantes

Okay anyways thinking of switching to using my beastlord to pet pull with the lvl 60 pet instead of using the lvl 64 pet when i attempt to do hard ldons 3box. Lvl 60 dpoc focused bst pet has 3500 hp and is low enough to pet pull versus my sk's pet which only has 2300 hp i buff said pets with kraggs+virtue+bov but when pet pullling a 1k hitter im thinking that 1200 more hp would be more valuable then the dps loss. Anyways not sure yet if i do decide to switch to this setup i will need to buy pet discipline anyways just want some advise i normally dont group with a bard to pull and pacify is slow, wastes mana and resisted alot in hard ldons soo... what do you guys think?

Oneiromancer

The level 60 pet spell is able to single pull?  I thought it needed to be green to the mobs, and it's light blue to a level 65 player...I was thinking that the 54 or 56 spell would be necessary...

Not sure what advice to give you except make sure you have Spirit of Shrew if you don't already to give your pet some extra speed...one normal difficulty win in Guk will get it for you but I would think you have it already if you 3-box ldons.  Actually, one idea would be to use the Calliav line of pet rune spells...that would protect any level pet from 1, 2, or 3 hits (depending on which one you buy) and could be a good investment if you can spare the mana/points.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dhantes

Yah one of the sk boards admin was saying level didn't matter and i became intrested in this and was thinking of getting my bst pet hold and just using his 64 pet and so i ran some test in HoH at the entrance. Hoh armors are 62 i believe right? Anyways my tests here...
http://forums.shadowknight.org/showthread.php?t=22449&page=4&pp=15

QuoteFirst attempt: HoH armor lvl 62 (guess) pet pulled with lvl 64 bst pet pet lvl 61 (with DPOC focus)... results failed.

2nd attempt: "same as first..." results failed.

3rd attempt: In PoS i attempt to pull one of askarr's people with 64 pet... failed.

4th attempt: In HoH armor 62 pet pulled with lvl 54 bst pet pet lvl 41... results success.

5th attempt: In HoH armor 62 pet pulled with lvl 58 bst pet pet lvl 45... results sucess.

6th attempt: In HoH armor 62 pet pulled with lvl 60 bst pet pet lvl 47... results sucess.

7th attempt: In HoH armor 62 pet pulled with lvl 62 bst pet pet lvl 61 (dpoc focus)... results failed.

Boku

The thing was though he was using monster summoning 4. According to lucy it doesn't give a descriptive lvl for that pet. It could be that is a lower lvl pet and it's just not saying it.

Brael didn't say anywhere in there that he used Son of Rathe anywhere only Monster summoning 4 which is a diff spell. I'll bet money that Monster 4 is a lvl 50 something pet which is why he's able to do it.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=359161">Boku Kerrath

Consider that which exists to exist and that which does not exist to not exist, and recognize things just as they are. With such a frame of mind, one will have divine protection even though he does not pray.

Hojo Nagauji (1432-1519)

agama

Quote from: BokuThe thing was though he was using monster summoning 4. According to lucy it doesn't give a descriptive lvl for that pet. It could be that is a lower lvl pet and it's just not saying it.

Brael didn't say anywhere in there that he used Son of Rathe anywhere only Monster summoning 4 which is a diff spell. I'll bet money that Monster 4 is a lvl 50 something pet which is why he's able to do it.

ms4 is a lvl 60+ pet depending on the focus you use.

not sure why he's able to single pull with it. ms3 works fine most of the time as its lvl 48.

Dhantes

Been pet pulling with lvl 60 pet for hard ldons he does a pretty good job normally taking 2-3 hits and not getting stunned nearly as much as my sk's pet. Im thinking calliave might be a good idea but gonna hold off and hope omens calliave is easy to get. Only problem im running into is pet trying to run up stairs and having problems =\ which can result in a wipe since i normally dont travel with good CC. (though im getting better at rooting/snaring with my cleric/sk)