Main Menu

Whats with us not getting a magic debuffer?

Started by Fremder, October 05, 2004, 06:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fremder

I thought for sure they would finally give us a Malo type spell in this expansion.  Especally with the mobs in this expansion hitting very fast even with chanter or shaman slowing them.  I guess it wouldn't matter that much since I asked teh chanter in my group the other day if she was getting a Mostly slow message as well, she was.  I still think we deserve a malo type spell for other places in the world.  Even mages get a nice debuffer what's up with that?  has anyone else felt this way about us getting the shaft or is my rant stupid?

Please post your comments,
Ciao!

Wildcaller Fremder Venomous

70 Ogre Feral Lord - Draino Server (RIP Tarew)

Oneiromancer

Mitigation of slow works for any slow...even Bard slows.

I think the general consensus among Beastlords is that we shouldn't get a separate resist debuff spell, like Malo, but should instead have a new Slow spell (same %) that has a built-in resist debuff.  This wouldn't step on as many feet.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

negrismorte

I would like to see this as well.  However, unless the cast time or mana are comparable to malo/slow or tash/slow, I think this would bring huge cries of imbalance.

Fremder

hrmm, I guess there would be a pretty big imbalance issue, but I would like to see that integrated slow/debuffer too now that you mention it :D

Ciao!

Wildcaller Fremder Venomous

70 Ogre Feral Lord - Draino Server (RIP Tarew)

Grymlok

IMO we should NOT get a 65% slow with a resist mod.  Either we should get our own minor MR debuff, or we should get something along the lines of a 60% slow with a -50 to -100 resist check.

The Berserker: Foecussed

Kherryn

I think that's a good idea...a lower % slow with a modified resist check.  Similar to how Shaman have a lower % slow on a disease check (although don't make it 40%...50-55% seems much better.

Tardar

The % of slow being lowered to 60 wouldn't matter much anyway, since everything mitigates.

cougerofeq

BST can hardly get groups anymore - I could care less about others toes and they are all grouped while we sit - how ya gonna step on them if you cant group with em?

Eatbugs

Quote from: cougerofeqBST can hardly get groups anymore - I could care less about others toes and they are all grouped while we sit - how ya gonna step on them if you cant group with em?

Take it to the rants area, you've already made this claim everywhere else.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Dumpty

Silliest thing i've heard around here in a while too.
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Dummkopf

Dont see why we should get only a lower percentage slow with build in resist modifier. Shamans have a full percentage slow with that, so we can have that too, not with the added benefit of only 1.5s cast time of course. That way there would be still the same difference in slow percentages but we could at least slow a bit more reliable than we can now (ever had a deathwish? try to be main slower in a riftseekers group without any debuffer).