Main Menu

What overwrites slow?

Started by Prelgor, October 07, 2004, 07:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelgor

I was in a LDON group last night where I got completely baffled.  We were about levels 49-55 or so in Mistmoore, a pickup group with a cleric, necro, SK, paladin, warrior and me (53 BL, now 54 :) ).  I started off slowing everything the paladin pulled witth the level 50 slow.  A short time into each fight, I kept getting the message "your spell has worn off" or something to that effect.  I thought I recognized this as the same message I usually get when a shaman/enchanter overwrites my slow with a better one.  The necro said he wasn't slowing, and clearly no one else was casting slow.  No one fessed up to having any sort of slow, either.  The melees had a bunch of weapons I was unfamiliar with (since BL's can't use them :) ), but none of them obviously looked like they had a slow proc.  One of them had a Copper Hammer of Striking, but I didn't think that stun would interfere with slow.  Any idea what could have been giving me that message?  

FYI, my reaction at the time was simply to stop slowing.  I had more mana for nukes and, in this melee-heavy group, things died plenty fast.  With the paladin pulling, we rarely had more than one at a time.

Oneiromancer

My first inclination would certainly be that the necro was slowing, especially in a Mistmoore dungeon.  I don't suppose you noticed if they were only being overwritten on undead mobs?  Perhaps the necro was lying to you.  :)

If you have the epic, perhaps its slow proc could be overwriting Sha's Lethargy.  But I would think you would have mentioned that.

That's all I can think of.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Jolrash

Was anyone doing any type of dispel?  I don't remember MM mobs haveing DS but i don't remember much these days.  Only other person that would be slowing would have been the Necro.  Was thinking that there could have been to many spells stacked on the mob but doubt that since they increased the number you could have on them.

Oneiromancer

That's a good point, some mobs do try to dispell themselves...but not every single mob in a LDoN, I would think.  Again, it would be interesting to know if only certain mobs were doing this.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Deathclaw

dispell does not remove slow - it cure disease  that removes it.

JillieMT

I don't think that you get a warning that your slow debuff is dispelled or de-diseased. You usually just see something like "So-and-so feels dispelled..." with no info on what is exactly dispelled.

The only time you see your slow wear off is it is either overwritten by a superior slow, or it just wears off.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Eatbugs

Quote from: JillieMTI don't think that you get a warning that your slow debuff is dispelled or de-diseased. You usually just see something like "So-and-so feels dispelled..." with no info on what is exactly dispelled.

The only time you see your slow wear off is it is either overwritten by a superior slow, or it just wears off.

No, you get that message when it's been removed with a disease cure as well - I occasionally get asked to slow enchanter charmed pets when charm breaks, then cure the slow with Abolish Disease when the mob is recharmed.  I get the "Your Sha's Revenge spell has worn off" message every time I cure it.

Of course, it seems unlikely that other mobs were chain-casting cure disease on the ones you were slowing - I'd guess either main hand epic proc or necro slow, in this case.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

JillieMT

Ah, thanks for that clarification Eatbugs!  :)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio