Main Menu

Any items to help with low level solo?

Started by Tolerable, July 17, 2004, 03:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolerable

I recently started back to EQ and no longer have my old 65 Shaman and Monk or I would have 2 accts and 2box to PL my BST some.

I am curious if there are any items out there such as Fungi or weapon with a nice proc I can use to make soloing a tad easier at this low of a level.

Any info. would be appreciated.

Tolerable Antics
29 Beastlord of Quellious

Hereki

Get a mage kit for your warder - 2 x fist of ixiblat, girdle of magikot, muzzle of mardu.  Make sure you have decent haste, silver chitin handwraps or better.  And have fast weapons to get your melee skills up (bear fanged glove and masters eitchatka).  The other useful item is a dagger that procs bandages - embalmers skinning knife.

Spend your money on ac and hp apart from that.  And buffs.

Because beastlord damage comes from three sources, spells, melee and warder, it isn't as easy to twink one effectively as, say, a shaman or a warrior.  Because of the relatively large gap between new warders, compensating for that is the most effective trick you can use; that means always meleeing for your warder, and hitting the soft cap on ac to minimise the damage you take.

Tastian

The fungi staff is clickable by beastlords at 35 and grants 15hps a tick regen.  It's a big boost.  Have to swap it in to click it and has short duration last I knew, but it is one of the real game changing items you could get around your level.  The pet gear works, or even getting some big damage 2h for your pet at your level would really boost the pets damage.  There are assorted items with FT and regen on them as well that you can still wear.

Liga

If you are soloing mobs that run at low hp, then getting a Serrated Bone Dirk from baz would help a lot.  It procs snare and is usually very cheap since its a common drop.  And, they are NOT lore :).  Shhh... dont tell everyone.

Namog

I am not 100 percent sure about this...but now that warders can zone with you..you may consider getting a virtue on your warder and let it go have fun. I say I am unsure because I am not certain virtue will stick on lower level warders.

http://ourworld.cs.com/NamogBst/Namog1.JPG">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=897801">Namog

Liga

If the buff can land on you, then it can land on your warder.  Thats the way they described it on the EQ forums.

Hereki

It used do, it doesn't now.  You can cast Virtue on a warder when the master is 46.

Rhsai

I second the pet toys suggestion.  Helped me get through some slumps in levels just before a new warder.  8)
Rhsai
Iksar Feral Lady of 65 seasons
and Gameon
High Elven Archon of the 66th corpse run
Torv. Server

Pheral

At 29 (and if you have someone healing you) an Adamantite Bo Stick is pretty nice (procs at 29 or 30).  It casts a rain spell thats 75 pt per wave.  Only problem is it hits you as well as the mob(s) you are fighting.

Can usually pick one up for less then 100 pp in the bazaar.
-- Pheral

Zorthaz

If you give the ABS to your pet, the rain proc does not hit you.  Giving the pet a big 2 handed weapon really helps to boost the damage in the lower levels.  I believe they changed the way the "recommended level" on the weapon affects pet damage.  I would stick with older 2 handers without recommended level restictions.  One of my favorites at low levels was a frost femur.  The pet hits for 50 and procs yaulp, which always seemed so right coming from my scaled wolf.
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Tolerable

Thanks for the tips all. I have been giving my Warder Girdle of Magi'kot, Muzzle of Mardu and Greatstaffs of Thunder 31dmg 30 dly. He was doing some serious dmg hehe

Once I hit level 30, my duel wielding pet now uses 2 of the mage summoned fists things with 150DD procs.

As for me, seems the Fungus Covered Great Staff would be awesome for soloing when low on health, but the cost of that thing seems way out of line with any resources I will see for a very long time. :)

Thanks again,

Tolerable Antics
32 Beastlord