Main Menu

Anyone running a magician with their beastlord?

Started by Incite, February 25, 2004, 04:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bham

I too boxed Beastlord and mage for quite a while. This one of the highest DPS duos going around that is still feasible as stand alone group.

To stop runners, Hobble is quite effective. I use it on LDoN alot. If you have a little bit of room, then just time a nuke so it lands as the mob hits 20% health. Baring a resist it will knock the mob down to below 10% where his speed will be reduced anyway.

Mala/Malosinia is your friend. You will love it.

I use the 62 water pet almost exclusively. His proc is for 140 instead of 70+stun. He baskstabs (with DPoC and crit AAs he hits for up to 418 :lol: ). He tanks moderately well in a pinch, altho I prefer to have my warder off tank whilst the water pet helps me to knock down the main mob.

Pet toys are great extra DPS for 1 off mana cost, remember to give the warder phantom plate (mage pets come with it already equipped I believe).

Call of the Hero can be used to split mobs if you plan it well. In an emergency use it to snatch you out of a bad pull, but you lose the warder  :cry: (Note CotH not available in all zones).

Enjoy your new found destructivness :)
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

darury

Quote from: bhamCall of the Hero can be used to split mobs if you plan it well. In an emergency use it to snatch you out of a bad pull, but you lose the warder  :cry: (Note CotH not available in all zones).

They are fixing it on Test so that CoH no longer kills pets.

I'm considering replacing my druid with a mage in my 3 boxing combo of BL/Cleric/Druid.  Figure I'll try it out while PL'ing the mage and see how it goes.
The Action Figure Army
Darsacat 70 Beastlord -- Darury 70 Cleric --  Nulyen 70 Druid -- Mjah 70 Magician -- Jumlum 70 Bard

Zashir Swiftpaw

My mage and my BL are on the same account, so I've never dual-boxed them together.

However, the reason that I started a BL originally was because I duoed my mage through the 50's with one.  The two classes fit together amazingly well -- the only thing I felt was lacking was porting ability.

BTW, runners are not really a problem... the mage just burns them down.