Main Menu

Suggestions to PL a cleric up?

Started by Jaeren, March 02, 2004, 11:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaeren

I've currently got Jaeren, level 65 beastlord with 27aa. Looking for a good place to group with my 56 cleric to pl her up to 65. Would prefer a place with xp for jaeren if possible but would also just grind out xp for cleric until she gets 60 or 65.

I do Droga some, but gaters & runners are just a pain after a while to chase down.

Did Kael last night near the arena, not the greatest of xp and was mostly after faction since guild is doing HoT in ToV and need the cleric to get non kos :P

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Mindlet

Have you tried veksar? No runners there afaik.

Lizsolo

Aye, was going to suggest Veksar as well.  

I actually end up with my cleric over at ZO2 in PoN a lot.  Exp for cleric (at 64) isn't uber, but it is pretty relaxing and I can keep the pulls coming in steady.  AA for me isn't all that bad there either considering the risk (low).
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

Lascaris

Griegs is good for easy p-leveling.  The mobs are mostly 53-5 so mid-50's characters get decent experience.  Averaging about 1% regular exp per kill for a 54 chanter being p-leveled in a group of 3 (also p-leveling a 47 cleric at the same time).  I think you could do a level in 3 hours or so of pretty laid back fighting, faster if you're uber or going as hard as you can.  SD zone is totally safe and easy to get singles and occasional doubles.  Nothing runs, and the only mildly annoying thing is the casters who debuff you (/bye KEI  :cry: ).

Tastian

The planarian larvae at PoV zone in are quite nice around those levels.  Was getting over 1% per kill of real exp.  They are 59th and really nice exp right up to 65.  At 65 they slow down, but you'd still be getting some exp on J and the clerics bar would fly as long as you could keep killing.  

Sun revs in the grey are 55th level and would give nice exp bonus for cleric too, but zone itself doesn't have a big exp mod so it'd be kinda slow for J.

Plane of justice would be pretty good to.  I took a 61st level cleric friend there and in 2 hours I got over 1 AA, cleric made 25% real exp and about 5k in loot.  

Really there are a lot of good spots because there's lots of stuff J can walk through that'd still be nice exp for a 56.  You could rip velks apart more/less.  Seb, KC basement, poi, etc.  

Btw, runners shouldn't be an issue with your cleric because your cleric should have snare.  8P

Hereki

With only 27 AAs I wouldn't bother with PoP zones.  PoJ will be too low to give much exp for the cleric, you want something better.

Deep Nurga, Droga at the right spot, Veksar, lots of places will be good.  Kael is horrible, of course - you'd be better off doing the Manor/plate cycle than Arena.  If you are doing it for faction, make sure the cleric tags every mob.

Noriko

Try Grieg's End, nothing runs, no snare needed.  All dark blue to 65.  1% AA per kill.  Mobs are easy.  Outdoor zone.  SoW/Horse all work.  Cleric can Pac pull to break spawns.  If not, you can tank 2 easily.  Traps are a pain though but nothing special if you time everything.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

Jaeren

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Yeah, kael wasnt' that great of xp but it was some and I was there mostly for faction (doing HoT with a kos cleric and no magician for coh is interesting ;)

I can do Droga fairly well just get tired of the runners & gaters around Runri. Gotten a bunch of the daggers & one belt so far, if i can get another belt I'll have some pp to spend on upgrades.

Just got home from work now so not really sure where i'm headed tonight, but will try some of the suggestions here over the next few days.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Hereki

Most of the above suggestions are where you will get decent exp as well as the cleric.  You can get exp for the cleric, but not much for yourself, in quite a few more places: Velks, Fungus Grove, and all thee other old pre-60 hangouts.

Dakat

At 65 and with your pet, cleric back-up, Plane of Innovation is real easy. All mobs dont run. At 65 I can solo pull. All are blue. Great aa exp for you and very nice exp for her.