Main Menu

Beastlord, Druid, Necro 3 boxing in LDON

Started by Xennova, March 07, 2004, 10:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xennova

Would a necro be good enough to pull in LDON and still make enough DPS ?

Im planning to do a trio for when i do not have 2-3 hour to group and was wondering if this would work...

For now i got a 65 beast 57 Druid...other class is what im wondering i know i need a DPS to help out if druid is healer but i also need a puller....

I was thinking starting a cleric but they are kind of hard to PL and never really play one..any idea on what other class could work as a puller...i know beastlord will stay my main i already play necro to level 40 so i kind of know what they can do but not sure if they can pull when they get to 58+++

Tastian

I've done clr/bst/nec, never dru/bst/nec.  Paci makes pulling go real fast, I'm not sure how well the nec would do pulling.  The necro does add good low maintance dps, but since you already have druid for snare you might want to try going with enc for mez/paci/buffs/charm(if crazy like me).  Usually two to three mobs in an LDoN isn't that bad, but can be rough if you are playing all toons hehe.  If you did mostly Sro then necro can mez quite a few mobs there to help with multi-pulls.

Xennova

Well i have play chanter up to 29,  but charming seems kind of scary with triple box lol. cleric could work for pull but i know it will take a lot more time to level than a necro, enchanter not sure of dps at all without charm, somebody have try beast, druid chanter?

I guesss my best bet will be to start a cleric with a berzerker and level cleric up to 44+  while helping with my druid

Tastian

Clerics can actually Plvl very fast depending on how you do it.  I did 1-50 over a weekend with cleric once, but that was using bard which kinda skews things.  Since you already have dru so high though I don't see why you couldn't do it.  The pulling I would say is more of an issue than the dps.  I've done several LDoNs where I was over 50% of the damage and we had over half the time left.  I honestly think some bst could solo a normal LDoN, but *shrugs*.  Heck you could even level up a bard and pull with them, then hit a macro to auto twist  haste/mana/etc.  Wow do bards ever level fast too.  *shrugs*  Wish I had actually done the trio you are talking about hehe lots of answers, but none to your specific question.  8(

Dakat

Just a little note for the original poster, your druid needs one more level before they can group with the 65 beastlord. Level restriction is 7 levels above or below.

As far as a class to help pull, you would be good to go with a cleric. However clerics pacify is restricted. If you had a 58 cleric in with your 65 beast, the highest mob they can paci is 60. They cant even do that until level 55.

A bard would work, but during fights you lose all dps they can offer.

With a mage, you can take up to 3 mobs at once. Each pet on a mob and you on another. Your druid could ghetto mez (root) adds.

An enchanter would definately help. Crowd control would be real easy. You never would have to worry about adds to much. Which means no added damage done to group. They have decent dd's and crappy dots. Overall though they are the overall class to take along.

Hereki

Pacify levels are annoying.

Cleric pacify at 39 caps on level 55 mobs, so is good for LDoNs up to 60.  After that, Wake of Tranquility (level 58?) caps on 60 mobs, and they don't get Pacification until 65, which caps on 65 mobs.  Clerics have big gaps in their ability to lull.

Enchanters get the same spells a little earlier; they still have gaps, but not so big.

Xennova

Should be on enchanter board maybe but does chanter have thee pacification for level 65 mobs when he is 58?

Tastian

No enchanter get's paci for level 65 mobs at 62.  Doing LDoNs though you won't be doing 65th level mobs with your group unless you try to three box a hard.  8P

Dakat

Having an enchanter at 61 currently, I can relate.

QuoteHereki  :  Cleric pacify at 39 caps on level 55 mobs, so is good for LDoNs up to 60. After that, Wake of Tranquility (level 58?) caps on 60 mobs, and they don't get Pacification until 65, which caps on 65 mobs. Clerics have big gaps in their ability to lull.

Enchanters are the best class for pacifying mobs. They should be, thats why they are the ultimate in crowd control. They get a version of pacify at level 1 called lull. They get another version at level 20 which can paci level 50 mobs called calm. At level 39 they get Pacify which works on mobs up to level 55.  Then at level 51, they get Wake of Tranquillity which is an area of effect and works on mobs up to level 60. Then at level 62, they get Pacification which also is an area of effect and works on mobs up to level 65.

Clerics get Lull at level 1 and Paladins get it at 15. Enchanters get it at level 1.

Clerics get Calm at 19, Paladins get it at 49. Enchanters get it at 20.

Clerics get Pacify at 39, Paladins get it at 51 and they do not get any new verions. Enchanters get it at 39.

Clerics get Wake of Tranquillity at 55.  Enchancters get it at 51.

Enchanters get Pacification at 62.

Clerics get Pacification at level 65.

QuoteXennova  :  Should be on enchanter board maybe but does chanter have the pacification for level 65 mobs when he is 58?

No they get it at 62, where as a cleric gets it at 65.

Hereki

Since we're doing this....

The impact of the levels on pacify spells is that clerics can't pacify typical exp mobs in PoP or LDoNs from roughly 57 (whenever they start in PoV or level 60 LDoNs) through to 64; at 65, they can.  Enchanters also have level gaps - in PoV they can't pacify until 62, but then they can't mez, either.

However, don't forget harmony - it caps at 65, and is outdoors only, so PoV and BoT groups can use it.  Rangers and druids are better pacifiers than clerics, enchanters or paladins (in outdoor zones).

I just wish more of them knew how to use it.

Dakat

To add a little extra.

Charisma is checked when pacifiying mobs.  The higher the charisma the least likely the chance of resisting and getting agro off it. Since enchanters have an inate high Cha then all the other classes, let alone are able to buff their cha. Makes them a great lull puller.

My enchanter has 242 cha unbuffed.

Tastian

Actually I thought the charisma check was just for the aggro portion of lulling.  Resist rate is the same, but higher charisma helps the back end of "hey it was resisted do we kill um or not".

Hereki

It is.  I rarely get lull resists at all with cleric or enchanter below hard LDoNs; I'd guesstimate the resist rate to be < 1:20.  I can recall only two cases of aggro on resist ever, one on my cleric, one on my enchanter.  Charisma is supposed to affect aggro on resists (was stated so by SoE developers) for the lull line across all classes; undead lull wasn't included in this statement.

Tastian

Thought so, but didn't have time to find exact quote I was looking for.  I know I'll jinx myself, but paci really isn't very resisted.  On my cleric with an uber 62 charisma I've *NEVER* had a resist lol.  Now there is the jinx of all jinxes.  I can feel a group wiping tonight to this lol.

Dakat

Just like I said, maybe not in the exact words.  When casted and resisted, cha plays a role in weither or not mob agros to you.  Have to get the resist first before it plays a part. Hopefully you will not kill your group.  :shock: