Main Menu

BL assisting Druid..ideas on where to go?

Started by Bloodgod, March 30, 2004, 02:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodgod

Hi guys.  I've recently started 2-boxing a druid.  My first second box ever (you may have seen my other post here).

My druid is now level 32 and I'm trying to get him 43 asap to group with my 65 BL.  I'm looking for suggestions on where to take him for exp.  I'm currently hunting in JPF killing basiliks.  I'm getting 2% a kill and here's my current method.

BL pulls with slow and incapcitate...druid hits two dot's on mob and tanks it down to 49%....BL then nukes it.  Works pretty well.  Is there someplace that I can get better than 2% a kill at this level?  Where should I go for futrue levels?  With doing 2 dot's a kill my druid can go non stop...any more than that would require medding.  So his dps is limited and the mobs hitpoints need to reflect this.

Thanks. 8)

Tastian

Here's what I'd do, sit druid down to med, run out and slow ~15 basilisks(or more) run back, get DS, have druid PB AE the lot of them.  I find myself sitting down sometimes so mobs actually land hits and facing backwards, but *shrugs*.

Hereki

SolA goblins then gnomes, make sure you pull multiples.  Kaesora undead, you need to get in past the spiders, which sometimes see invis - kill them all with the beastlord is the easiest way.  Both these areas have decent ZEMs, unlike Jaggedpine.  Another one to consider once he has a few levels is City of Mist.

I'd try Tastian's method too, it ought be be faster than what you are doing.  Druid has a decent AE nuke, which you only need one cast of, and you may need to snare the last mob - or go pull some more.  Supplement the druid's DS on yourself with any of the usual remedies - shaman DS potions, borrow a high level mage/druid, Talisman of Vah Kerrath, Coldain Ring.

Bloodgod

I understand what you guys are saying...but what's going to keep these 15 basiliks from turning and raping my druid after a few AoE nukes?  I would think it'd be tough keeping all the agro on my BL....  I'll give it a shot though when I get home tonight.

Bloodgod

Or maybe I don't understand.... :D

Were you suggesting putting the ds on the BL or the druid?  I believe the ds is neutral so I'm thinking you mean the BL since he can take the butt kickin.

Mindlet

Yes DS is neutral. I was doing this the other way. I had a 65 druid and a level 25ish bst. Druid would put ds on themselves then pull mobs. As long as I landed 1 swing on them I would get the xp and they would kill themselves on the DS.  Had to root them when they got into run mode though.

Tastian

Yeah all you need is 1 point of damage from the druid to land on the mobs and the DS can do the rest.  Your druid isn't crazy low level compared to the mobs so his PB AE will land and do some damage.  What you do to have the beast hold aggro is pull with a high aggro spell.  Slow negates the DS a lot, but sticking incapasitate or even better imo Tainted breath (~1dps hehe) will hold aggro really well (atleast over 1 PB AE and usually a few in my testing) this lets the druid med up well beast get's the mobs, they pound on beast (like I said usually wiff too much and I turn around and sit and stuff hehe) then druid steps in and PB AE's.  Long as he does 1 point and DS did rest he get's exp.  Likely though if you pulled with decent aggro generation the mobs won't pay attention to the first nuke, that let's you follow with second to kill any you missed first time.  I takes some work, but once you get it down it's a joke.  I did 1-50 on a mage in a day with my bard Plvl'n in a similar way hehe.

shimruel

Would the beastlord healing himself help keep agro on the beastlord while the DS killed the mobs?

Pull-gather-heal, then DS-AE-wait...?

How would you avoid riposte deaths? have all mobs facing the BSTs back?

Rumtum Tugger

Quote from: shimruelHow would you avoid riposte deaths? have all mobs facing the BSTs back?

Correct.  I would run around and pull with incapacitate then go face a corner, like the top of the ramp in Mistmoore.  Slowing would take away from DS DPS.  So would facing the mob, you would block and riposte.  Against the wall I have had better luck getting heal off since I don't move so much.  I have used this often with leveling lower toons.  Once they are near dead by random cons AOE and reap the rewards.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"

Suggath

I'm tempted to try this myself, got a 30th druid I've been working on, but my beast is only 57th, not sure how well he could handle the pounding from all these mobs. I suppose I could just try it with a few underbulks or something and see how it goes... In any case this sure sounds faster than duoing with a 32nd warrior killing zeniaks.

Suggath
Animist of Stromm

Rumtum Tugger

The key is balance at that level, a ton of blues is easier to kill then yellows and reds.  So several lt blues hitting the beast will be not such a big deal while the druid gains exp, just get them closer to level so they can group then stomp blues with the beast  :D .  I think 1.5 X level is still accurate.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"

Rhak

I've been using this technique with my cleric, who is now level 35.  What everybody else has said is right, just stand in the corner to avoid interrupts, PBAE nuke down to 49%, then have the Beastlord finish them off.

Since I hit 30 or so, though, I started using my cleric's undead nukes instead of PBAE on Gunthak beach.  It's still good XP, 3% per kill, but it's not the 10% per wave I was used to from SolA.  Are there any suggestions on where to go at level 35 for more PBAE fun?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=864112">Rhak Emup - 65 Beastlady of Stromm

Cheetoz

But, as soon as you get to 43 so the Drood can get exp with your BST...

Go to Nurga.  Head in past the sleeping ogre and let the good times fly.

Keep the drood invised and on autofollow.  You will be getting MAD exp.  I had a 47 wiz in tow with my 65 BST and leveled him halfway to 49 within a couple hours.  Probably would have been less if I was actually using the wiz to nuke.  I just had him on autofollow and concentrated on killing with the BST.

Hope that helps.  Oh, and the bonus... your BST will get decent AA while down there too.  The gobbo's drop FAST :)  Good Luck!

Dakat

Mid 30s, take your beast and druid to several places like:

Overthere = for a 65 beast all will be green.  I solo quad kited animals with my druid here. Did 34 to 39 in a day or so. That was when we could wear KEI at that level.  Use your beast and go get a bunch of mobs. use the same tactics as mentioned before.

Eastern Wastes = same as Overthere.  From the bridge zone line, run right until you see walrus's and hippos. Many over here then use the tecnique mentioned, beast pulls and have a ds on.

Castle Mistmoore = same as the others, mobs turn green at 53 so would be perfect for a mid 30s druid.  Very high zem here.