Main Menu

Gamma

Started by Skrunch, March 31, 2004, 12:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skrunch

Ok, up till the recent graphic patch, using EQ in a window has always blown the Gamma slider for me.  This being the case, I gladly used EQW and it worked rather well.  Now, with the new EQW I am having the exact same gamma slider problems.  I have tried to alt+enter EQW as I have heard that will fix it but it does not.  I have no idea if I can run regular EQ in a window for when I alt+enter to window it, I crash.  Any thoughts?  I am running an ATI 9800 128mg card and have 1.5 ghz ram.  Just driving me crazy that I can't use my other accounts for buffs etc...

Jaeren

Update your eqwindows, a few new versions have come out recently to fix stuff and even add a few features.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Karthum

Alt + enter does fix the gamma for me.  I tend to do it at the character select screen, then no further problems.

-K
Karhtum Whitestripes // Vah Shir Beastlord // Firiona Vie Server // Magelo //
Eyeama Silkentouch// High Elf Cleric // Magelo //

Jaeren

eqw 2.41 saves the setting so you dont have to do the gamma thing i believe.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Skrunch

I did update to the new EQW.  That was done prior to posting my first message.  Still no joy but I am finding out that I am not the only one with this issue.  And, the alt+enter trick is still not working.  It will do a quick cycle but remains the same dark un playable screen.  Oh well, guess I am back to just one toon at a time.  Made it to 65 that way, why should things change now :lol:

Skrunch

Figured out a temp fix by opening the ATI adjustments screen and under the color tab there is a slide bar for gamma.  Open EQW, alt+tab to the gamma and tweek it till you like what you see.  Posting this incase others are having the same problems as myself.

Tastian

Way back in old EQ I had to do the samething to fix gamma.  However, I just DL'd 241 of EQW on this comp and tested with EQ and gamma correction is working for me, so I can't really help ya.  8(  Atleast you've found some temporary fix.