Main Menu

Which is better box?

Started by Deaddragoxo, April 18, 2004, 06:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaddragoxo

Druid/BST/NEC

OR

CLeric/BST/NEC ?

The beast is 54 while the others are 65 (with all spells cept for 65 nec pet).

EDIT: im leaning toward druid from what i hear about druid/bst alone but figured best to get opinions.

Tastian

Druid would give you ports, but having cleric gives you more hps, better heal, paci and rez's that don't take an essance emerald.  I've done clr/bst/nec and really like it.  Dru/bst/enc is one combo I considered doing instead, but with clr/bst/nec I don't think I'd be willing to swap out the cleric for druid straight up.

Hereki

Rezzes shouldn't be that important, and druids have Harmony of Nature for outdoor pacify.  Most people, druids included, forget about that.

Druids also give you better mana regen, which I often find a limiting factor.  The difference in heals at 65 isn't that big unless you are healing a raid tank.

Cleric and druid damage shields more or less trade off at 65, too :).

So in the end, clerics give you better rez, better hp buff, better heals, but less mana regen and no ports.  Depends on which is important to you.

Tastian

If you have the hps then the difference in healing is quite a bit.  KR is 4680 hps for 600mana,  CH will do that for 400 and even more.  Harmony of nature is very nice and I never forget it, but inside you lose that where a cleric can paci anywhere it works.  Mana regen is nice, and although rez's shouldn't matter much it does to some and LD's and trains and stuff happen hehe.  Both are certainly very viable, but just not enough where I could side with druid over cleric with bst/nec already set.

Phanq

Another consideration is that one of the main advantages dru/bst has clr/bst is snare, but that advantage is nulled by adding the nec who can snare himself.

I currently play dru/bst, but in a 3 box situation I think that I would go clr/bst/nec
Phanq - 51st Season - Beastlord - The Rathe server

mezmoria

I have been 3-boxing a bst/dru/enc for a couple of weeks and I dont think I could succeed in LDoN without either bind sight or Eye of Zomm.  Even with bind sight I usually have a few 2 add pulls because mobs ar stacked or hidden in walls. The enchanter can usually keep the adds locked down  until i am ready for them.

I am wondering how you target mobs for pacify without either a enc/mage/wiz/brd/rog?

Deaddragoxo

1) stalking probes
2) necro FD (its an idea)
3) luck :D

EDIT: 4) holgresh beads if u have em

Tastian

Yeah I use elder beads on my bst.  Makes a world of difference at times.  Having a mage for eye is nice too, but then you lose snare with necro.  If you use druid for snare then you lose paci.  What would be an option I haven't seen mentioned too much is wizard in that case.  Wizard gives you eye of zomm for scouting, gives you snare for runners, gives you ports like druid would, and you keep paci/heals/etc from cleric.  Wizards are also ok dps if they have the right gear/aa's other times they are just laughable in the long run but *shrugs* hehe.

In the case above of bst/clr/wiz 3 box they'd be highly utility with ports/snare/scouting through eye, and their damage/stuns would just be a nice bonus on fights you needed/casters/etc.