Main Menu

Any Necro boxxers out there?

Started by ZhinBeastie, May 04, 2004, 06:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZhinBeastie

I have had a second account for a while now and have a Necromancer on it that I've been playing as an alt.  I just recently upgraded my memory and can now feasably 2-box on my computer-

Just wondering about any macro tips and/or any other good advice from others who use a necro bot.

By the way- necro is only 26, I am only 30- I was planning to get the necro to 29, get his spells and then box from there on out.

Deaddragoxo

well i box necro bst (now its more bst cleric) but its kinda different since my necro is 65 with  a good supply of AAs and whatnot. I dont know what to really say for a box team at that level but id be glad to answer any queries you may have.

Tastian

Early on with nec/bst I used necro main and bst just buffed/sent pet/played caster.  Later on bst tanked and necro was the box with snare/dots/heals/etc.  Both are very powerful classes capable of solo'n 1-65+ so you can do things anyway you want really.  I'd just make sure not to neglect anything that you'll have a hard time with later on.  Like don't let bst alteration slip lots because you aren't healing much, or don't let bst defense slip because you are fear kiting a lot or whatever.  Few good spots you can go to catch up defense along the way, so don't stress too much, but bare it in mind.  Fun duo and add a cleric for one of my personal favorite trios in the game.  8)

Incite

Yah, as noted elsewhere I'm running bst/cleric/necro.  It's really coming together now (Elder Holgresh Beads put my mage plans on hold).  I'm not sure how much I can comment on just a beastie/necro duo though.  Necros are very versatile and you can do a lot with 'em (I solo'd 2 to 50+), but they take attention and knowledge to get the best from them.  They take a big dip in DPS in the 50ies (IMO), but pick up fast and hard 60+.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=993776">http://www.border.plus.com/images/Incite1.jpg">

No bounce, no play.

Tastian

If necro is more of the boxed char then I'd just watch for a couple things.  First make sure you don't lich yoruself to death.  If you are about to afk or have a gap in pulls turn it off if you need.  I'm one of the only necros I know that hasn't actually liched themselves to death atleast once.  Also watch how you cast your dots.  Poison line is big aggro, others you can stick early and it's no real problem.  Find the balance of spells that gives you the damage to aggro to mana to time breakdown you want and go with that.  Also always be willing to do what works for you.  It's cool to get advice and see what has worked for others, but I know for a fact I do somethings that others would be boggled by hehe.

Muss

I box a 64 BL with a 63 Necro and the main problems I am having is lack of healing when I want to go it alone.  I have a 62 shammy on the necro account as well as a 58 cleric.  The shammy just seems to be redundant and the cleric always seems to get me as main healer and I can't pay attention to the BL.  I am thinking of raising a druid to replace the necro.