Main Menu

Returning to EQ, Question for you 3-boxers out there!

Started by lytle, June 04, 2004, 12:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lytle

Hi all!  

Returning to EQ after some time off and I have a question for you 3-boxers out there. In the past I have 2-boxed a druid 59 and Beastlord 65 and been fairly successful. Now that I am back, I want to try some of the new LDON content. I was thinking about growing a Necro to complete my 3-box group.

My question is, will this group druid/beastlord/necro be able to win level 60+ LDON adventures. My characters are fairly equiped mostly bazzar stuff. Never really got into the guild raiding thing due to RL issues and time committments. Beastlord has about 50 AA points, durid has none.

Any suggestions for a third character to go with my druid/beastlord combo would be appriciated.

Thanks
Lytle/Toray

Tastian

With that duo and wanting to do LDoNs I'd do an enchanter.  With lower gear/aa's the 4-5 pulls in LDoNs can get rough.  Having the necro is nice and I really enjoy bst/clr/nec 3 box.  The nec could try to split some spots, but it'd be pretty slow at times and they'd die a lot.  Enchanter will give ya paci and mez and you won't ever have to run back to PoK for kei/haste.  Now mind you you can do LDoNs with bst/dru/nec.  I know atleast one person that does them with bst/dru/mag, but I think it'd be easier for you if you went enc.  *shrugs* necros are so fun though and so are 5 pulls at times.  Guess it just depends how you want to do it.  Simple answer to your question is "yes" that trio would be able to win 60+ LDoNs.

lytle

I worry with an enchanter that I won't have the DPS unless I do charming.  That worries me with a 3-box situation and the attention required for charmining to work effectively (DC be great, but I may not have that right off the bat).

For spliting mobs, has anyone tried pet pulling? That worked very effectively for me in the past with 2-boxing (druid pet is great for this). Anyone have any thoughts/experience with pet pulling in LDON missions.

I was thinking that the necro brings more to the table then the enchanter.  Mana reg is ok with SD, PotC, paragon and necro mana pump.  Necro also has healing in limited situations, DPS, another pet, FD pulling in certian situations, getto CC, undead charming  (limited situation on charming. Not sure I want to run a dress wearing charmer as a second or thrid box), and rezzing. I'm sure I missed something here.

Enchanter brings pacify, CC/Charming (limited charming see above), some DD, weak DoTs and  mana regen.

Unless I am totally off base here (which has happened in the past) it looks like necro is much better. Of course this is from someone who has never done a LDON adventure before.

Still seeking input, thanks for replying.

Tastian

I like charming hehe so that kinda skews things a bit I guess hehe.  I'd do necro for fun and pet pulling can work.  It really depends how you want fights to go.  I like having 3+ mobs in camp, but I know some don't.  

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=963

Originally axxe in this thread had posted a pict of them finishing an adventure with a lot of time remaining, but I forget the exact number.  Both trios are viable (and many others) like I said it's just a question of what kind of fights you want to have.  An enc would make it "easier" imo, but not as much fun hehe.

Axxe

actually yea, I forgot I had moved all my ss's and now that link comes up broken (well my ss itself does).

However, I had finally beaten that adventure (was 48 min left).  One of my goals at the time was to finish one and get locked out (your still resting, etc).  One morning, about 1-2 weeks ago it finally happened for me :)

My bst gear isn't outstanding, but it doesn't suck.  The enc gear is average, and the druid gear is certainly below par.  Now I am using enc's animation empathy as extra dps, and its verify noticible.

I've learned to never take assassinate missions, they are too much of a pita.   I don't really care for collects, since I have to "stop" and loot stuff all the time.  Kill xx is ok I suppose.  dps for 3 chars isn't exactly the most efficent in doing this type of mission, certainly not gonna do it in record time or anything.  I like rescue, when you have done as many ldons as I have, your familiar with most all the maps and have a general idea where the npc may be anyway - if not, the druid with me can confirm.

This is all speaking from a 3 box perspective.