Main Menu

Plane of Storms 65bst + 56 cleric

Started by Paayne, July 20, 2004, 10:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paayne

In your opinion do you think it would be possible to hunt and kill the diaku raiders in PoS while boxing my 56 cleric?  See sig for maeglo.  I have all my spells minus GoD ones.

We can handle a double pull of most anything in PoV so I was thinking to try out the alternate tactics flag route while leveling the cleric...

Thanks!

Dakat

I would stay in PoV at Inner Cave or Outer Cave.  The mobs here are of the same level as anywhere else in the zone, with a few higher levels.  The nice thing about these though is that they have a lot less hp then anything else yet provide as good as or slightly better exp due to being up to level 63.  I can do Outer Cave solo with a lot of stepping in and out to heal self / pet.  With a Cleric of 56, you should be fine as you mentioned.

I beleave the mobs in PoS are of the same caliper as those in PoV.  Might want to start out slow, and head to the desert and kill armidillos then trash mobs in the area. Go after giants (not named).

Ssolrak

probably could but you would have to be extremly careful of adds.

I did emblems again recently and found that PoS was bugged....the storms and various other mobs in the desert were spawning under the would (actually in the rock formations that rise up) and I actually found a use for my ranger AE nuke to pull them out - was upto 10 mobs at a time tho =/

Tastian

Yeah you could do it.  Might be a bit slower than you want, but doable.  If you are just after emblems for PoT key.  If you were talking in referance to an exp camp then nah not really hehe.

facemassher

you should have no problem duoing the raiders just make sure you get no adds when killing the raider

Hereki

You need to read the advices given here very carefully.

"no adds" - last time I did this, the desert trash assisted the ogres, and we managed to get chain aggro from what seemed to be every mob in the desert.

Jaeren

As an alternative, you could try Droga. I did that with my 65 bst and 56 (at the time) cleric and made a bit of pp, some tribute pts & got some useful items as well (31% haste belt, etc)

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Hereki

That's an alternative, but one that won't get you the Tactics key.

Jaeren

Yeah I missed that.. Ah well, didn't read completely when I first got home from work /shrug

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Shambler

There are a few corners of the Desert in PoS you can fight in that are low on adds.

Getting the Diaku slowed before you engage in combat will help a lot, as well as a lack of adds.

I think you can do it no problem.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=959430> Raarthik 65 Beastlord, Luclin server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=606160>
Shambler 65 Shaman, Luclin server