Main Menu

powerleveling a warrior with beastlord/chanter/cleric combo

Started by NCSUSean, August 14, 2004, 09:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCSUSean

Ok, so right now I have a level 65 chanter with 210AA, a level 65 beastlord with 14AA, and a level 65 cleric with 105AA, all on seperate accounts.  I reguarly duobox the beastlord/chanter combo, and let my friend play on the cleric.  Lately we decided to start two new toons to powerlevel up to 65 (on seperate accounts), so that we have a 5 person group when we play.

Currently we have made a Warrior who is level 35, and a Wizard who is level 25.  

Our priority is to get the warrior to level 60+ before working on the wizard anymore.

My two questions however are these....

1.  Where is the best places to level this warrior by zone/leve.  IE, Pl him in xxxx zone from levels xx to xx, and then move on to....

2.  Can you suggest anyways to speed up the process from what we are currently doing...  Right now im having the beastlord run all around pulling mobs with his 65% slow, once I get 4-5, I come back to the warrior and he taunts them off of me 1 at a time and starts to kill them.  Once mob gets to about 45%, I finish it off real quick, and he moves onto the next mob..

We're currently buffing the warrior with haste, str,dex,sta, temp, damageshield, etc etc... all the standard buffs from the cleric/chanter/beast

----------------------------------------------------

Also, although the wizard is about a month away from being Pl'd (unless we get bored...), can you suggest the same for for him?

Thank you all for any help you have on this.  =-D

Dakat

At 35, I could recommend karnor's castle.

There is a exp bonus of 12 or 13 % in the zone.  

As you will find, in Dreadlands mobs here are just turning even to the warrior which mobs average 35 to 40 in level. Due to low mob HP, its a good place to PL the warrior.

When the warrior hits 40 or maybe a little sooner head into Karnors.  Mobs here are in the 40 to 44 range.  And the exp bonus will kick in.

Once you get the warrior to 46, just group up with the Beast and Cleric and go to any POP zone and the warrior can pretty much sit on his butt and rake in the exp. As his skills at level 40 should have already maxed out at level 40 or so and those skills will not increase until he breaks 51.

It's real hard to PL a wizard. Wizards to better by quad kiting then 1 mob at a time at low levels.  You could use the cleric to root mobs while the wizard nukes em down.  However the best way to level the wizard is to group him with the warrior.  Let him get the free exp while your main goal is leveling the warrior.  The warrior levels fast anyways so there shouldnt be to much slow down on exp gaining.

NCSUSean

Thank you for such a quick response, and the information you provided was dead on what I was looking for!  Thank you so much :)

Anyone else have some recommendations as well?  Also, any recommendations for twink gear for either char is appreciated as well =-)

Kitvear

This might end up being more work then what you want to do but.

I have 2 accounts, on my main account a 65 chanter and 65 beastlord. The other account has my old druid on it.  I recently got him to 51, but mostly he has always been at the 44 to 45 range.  If you have a designated PL druid on a account you can use that toon to pl any toon you want

Shield of Thorns
Skin like Nature
Shared Wolfform
Regen

If you keep those 4 spells up on the toon your trying to pl, you can put the druid on auto follow, kick him back out of group and powerlevel your heart out.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Araden

used a druid 55 to PL low lvl wizzie to 31 where he's at now.  skin and thorns and heals.. give the wizzie a piercer and some hp gear.. and use his AOE!   it's sick sick xp in mistmoore hehe.. I'd pull 8 or so at a time and tank em with the druid with thorns since it's unassigned damage.. and the wizzie would do a couple 34 point ae's and when was only 1 left i'd snare it with druid and let the wizzie toss a nuke to finish it off when it would turn to run. or i'd just root it with the low lvl root and let it die to thorns.   It gets harder when the mobs go light blue in the zone in area and you have to go deeper.. atm pulling aoe's from inside castle but since druid is only 55 and not well geared I stick to about 4-5 at once.   Starting to use more direct nukes for damage to speed things up with the wizzie too now since the druid takes more damage and has to heal himself.  Eventually will just switch to 1 at a time and burn life down with wizzie and druid nukes to supplement and stay under the 50% mark.

Catgal

QuoteAs you will find, in Dreadlands mobs here are just turning even to the warrior which mobs average 35 to 40 in level. Due to low mob HP, its a good place to PL the warrior.

When the warrior hits 40 or maybe a little sooner head into Karnors. Mobs here are in the 40 to 44 range. And the exp bonus will kick in.

Ummmmmmmmmmm, mobs in DLs and KC are no way low HP...

for 35, you can simply just get into SolB/LowGuk till 50 and go PoP.

Sasraix

I know it's not quite the question, but for powerlevelling I would suggest:

1-15ish Kurns
15-24ish Paludal
24-35ish Sola
35-42ish Kaesora
42-50ish Nurga

From here on I rarely powerlevel, more like a member of the team (can be done from 43, and at 47 all spells can land.)
Sasraix
65 Feral Lord
Antonius Bayle