Main Menu

two boxing a cleric with my BL

Started by kattana, August 17, 2004, 10:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattana

I have a 36 cleric I want to PL up to my 54 BL. Was trying to find some good zones to PL the cleric up in. Anyone have a suggestion.

Then once Cleric is higher what would a good 2 box zone be for me to exp in.

Tastian

Sol b would be nice exp for the cleric at those levels.  As you level then you can hunt the standard zones people usually mention for whatever level range you are at.  Droga, nurga, poi, poj, pon, torg, griegs, etc.

Hereki

It really doesn't change much for PLing - just read all the dozens of other PLing threads for tips.

Obviously you can group together, and that's going to be the best way to PL.  Getting the cleric to make 'solo' kills at that level, even assisted by a higher beastlord, is going to be too painful for words.

For the fastest exp for the cleric, find a place where mobs are high dark blue to yellow for the cleric; they will probably be light blue to the beastlord, and kill lots of them fast.  The older the explansion the lower the hps, the less damage they do, and the more exp you get, therefore.

SolB is fine, so is Lower Guk.  Jaggedpine basilisks would be great, as would Echo Caverns (underbulk side), if either are empty.  Kaesora is good, too, deep in (avoid the spiders at the entrance and you are good).

Xarilok

Jaggedpine poachers all the way.  Will be LB except the named for the BL, and they have all of about 20 hitpoints, or at least it seems that way, lol.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

danaconda

Here's a spot I use to PL using my 54 necro on my 36 cleric....Katta! Just zone in and put cleric on autofollow (you won't need many heals). Zone in from Tenebrous Mountains side, most guards will be light blue/green to your beast, but will be very close in lvl to the cleric. Just slaughter everything in your path.

I start with the wandering guard first, then move to the 2 guarding the entrance. Here's a map.

After exiting the entrance, I usually find another wandering guard, and if not I head west towards building #1 on the map above. I kill all the guards outside that building then start on a southern conquest.

There are 2 guards on your left as you head south from #1, use cleric to paci-pull or just use your incredible beast-like agility to slaughter both at the same time  :twisted: . (just realized that at 54 you should be able to single pull them)

Keep moving towards buidling #7 and you will probably encounter another wanderer. Repeat above procedure using beast-like agility. Kill the 2 guards guarding building #7 and move on south-west again towards building #9. You will encounter another 2 roamers and 1 static guard on the way to #9. I'm sure you know what to do to them at this point  :twisted: !!

Pull the 2 guards guarding building #9 towards the hedge because they will path back into the building and bring adds, so keep them far from the building. There should only be 2 or 3 more guards west of the entrance to #9 in a corner, kill them all also.

Now head back to the Tenebrous entrance and you will notice a bunch have started to respawn. That's good, because falling behind on spawns here doesn't hurt at all.

Couple side notes here..... If your cleric is not kos in Katta, then use him/her to loot all the drops and sell them to merchants in either building #1 or #7. If your beast is not kos in Katta then he should be! Katta guards are good exp, and there's really no good quests in that zone that you can't buy the end piece to anyways (except the enduring breath item, but there's lots of those around nowadays) Also, a horse REALLY helps the cleric if you need to heal the beastlord (do it out of combat if cleric is not kos). I did this all with a necro, so I don't think you will need much healing, but I could be wrong.
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)