Main Menu

At what level will a alt get XP when grouped with a 53 BST?

Started by ghostryder, September 02, 2004, 09:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostryder

Got a 65 BST on a regular sever but have a 53 alt bst on FV. I'm thinking of spending a lot more time on the FV server - but on this server its one toon per account- and I can't transfer any of my other alts to the FV server so I'm currently PL'ing a necro toon up to 2 box with (and learn languages)

It's kind of a pain to PL a necro up using a bst- on FV you must be within 15 levels to have spells land on either the necro or his pet - so I'm stuck using our low level line like SL, ect til he reaches 37-

However I pull with the BST then simply let the mob bang on him while the necro's pet bangs on him and DDs and DoT's- and he's currectly just hit 29-

The killing, and leveling will go much faster once they are groupable and I can bring out the warder on the mobs- but for the life of me I can't remember the formula to figure out what level the necro has to be til he will get XP in the group-

Does anyone know- I'm thinking somewhere in the high 30s when he starts conning light blue to the BST-

Or better even yet I remember once on of my low level alts was sucking XP off a high level guild mate while grouped and the guildmate went around killing mobs left and right- how does one do this trick? or is it now nerfed and not possible? I've tried it and it doesn't seem to work- does the BST need to kill mobs that are green cons? If this is it then being trivial on FV it may not work- wondering how that worked as I've never been able to pull it off myself in a 2 box situation-

Taiglin

I think the xp grouping equation is 1.5 x lvl. So a level 30 toon could get xp in a group with a toon that is 45.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

JillieMT

Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

danaconda

Actually I believe you might be able to pull it off when the necro is 35. Easiest way to tell is that the formula is the same for exp mobs.... meaning as soon as the necro is light blue to your beast you can group for exp with them.

By the way, If you're looking for an incredibly easy place to PL the necro (as soon as you guys can group up), you might want to try Katta leggionaires. I wrote a guide for the place and will provide a link to it as soon as I can find it. :)

Good luck, and happy PLing!

**EDIT: Found the post. Click here to read it. :)

In addition to that information, if you can afford one, buy the necro a cheap horse or lizard (I prefer a black horse because with the skeleton illusion they look wicked as hell). Also a Staff of the Dreaded Gaze comes in handy and looks very nice as well (just remember that 55+ mobs are immune to fear so you will not get alot of use out of it in the highest levels).
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

JillieMT

Yeah, 35 might work... using the 150% formula, a 35 can group with a 52.5 level character. So I am not sure if EQ rounds that down or up, lol. Either way, a 36 can definitely level with a 53.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

danaconda

Well I am definitely sure (not that it matters anymore, hehe) that a 53 can group with a 35. The reason I know this is that when my cleric was 35 I purposely let my necro bite the bullet in Katta so he would be just barely 53.999. Then at the end of the PL session I had the cleric rez him back up   :lol:  

I know, I was being lazy and I had a terrible net loss of exp, but I only did it like 2 or 3 times till cleric was 36. I was in a rush to get the cleric to 39 and complete heal spell.  :oops:
Dedlee Beatdown retired

ghostryder

Great- 35 isn't all that far off. Thanks all for the info.

I've done katta before and it's pretty good, though after the xp nerf a few months back it's not so hot anymore.

This is where I did my leveling-

he's a dark elf nec- and on FV since its one toon per account my 53 BST is still in rather crappy gear- but I was able so far up to now to be able to buy most spells that i've yet been able to research because i lack the words- however most research spells at 29 like intensify death go for 3k in the bazaar- a rediculous ammount for a lvl 29 to pay- so looks like most will have to be researched instead of bought. My first 8k will go for a horse, not low level research spells-

I did Cab boneyard til about level 6 or 7, then went into kurns til about lvl 16- from there I went to the charbone camp in swamp of no hope (the one inbetween the 2 FV zones) - those stayed red and turned yellow at 24-now with a lifelong supply of bone chips that farming is solved. then I simpy jumped to the FV zone side near the giant camp where I've been up to now- at 29 most frogs and drovs are still red, and the bst can still withstand them beating on him while the nec's pet bashes them.

this is good as i know from the past this spot can actually take a toon to 49- at 39 you simply pull from the giant camp- but at 35 when they are groupable i'll probably just go to jagged pine and kill dryads- put the bst on
aa's til the nec reaches 53 also then I'll be in buisness.

Dakat

Take the level of the person who needs to be PLed. You said 29? Half of 29 is? 14.5. Add the 14.5 to the currect level of the character your PLing, 29 + 14.5 = 43.5.  So a level 29 character can group with a level 43 character and get exp.

You are 53? The person you are PLing will have to be 36 before you can group together and they would get the exp.  35 is just a tad to low. 35 / 2 = 17.5.     17.5 + 35 = 52.5, just shy of the level 53 mark, so they would need 1 more level.

ghostryder

Well guess some say 35 and some say 36....hum.....well, I dinged 35 today and the answer is......
sorry couldn't resist....

35! They are grouped and getting XP.

danaconda

/cheer Obviously I am correct!  :lol:

Hehe, I knew I was only because I told you I tried it, so it wasn't a guesstimate, it was fact. Now you may all /bow to my superior intellect.  :twisted:

Good luck, and hapy PLing!
Dedlee Beatdown retired