Main Menu

Boxable lvl 65 spells?

Started by jyaik, October 24, 2004, 02:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyaik

I three-box a 65 sk, 63 shm and 59 pal. I know, low DPS but otherwise pretty versatile. Sadly, shaman healing kinda blows unless you get Quiescence at level 65. Now that everyone has moved on to Omens, Gates, EQ2 I am concerned that the spell will rarely if ever come up for sale in Bazaar. Anyone know of a place to box the Glyphed Runes that might reasonably be doable without raiding gear?

I've boxed quite a bit in PoV on the undead, sentries and soldiers. I am currently having fun doing LDONs but pull too slowly to really be able to win any except in overtime. My general plan is to box em to 65 and then hit the Gates Sewers and then Draniks Hollows. Been in the hollows a few times already and can do the place holders, havent seen the named yet while boxing. They hit too hard, mitigate slow and my dps is so low that I don't have a decent kill rate on them and the exp isn't so hot. Plus I know the hollows are going to get mind numbingly boring LONG before I have the spell drops and equipment drops I'll need out of there so am in no hurry to rush in lol.

LDoN's are great because there is a certain amount of excitement. I go to Ruj mostly where I barely ever went with friends/guildies back when LDoN was popular. So far have gotten +6 wis, int and two cha augs plus drops off five or so named, one of which was actually an upgrade lol.

Frankly am concerned that Shaman may not be able to heal effectively in Gates/Omens against high dps, slow-mitigating mobs without rare, unboxable spell drops.

I was boxing with a 64 dru instead of pally but realistically druid was only getting two summerflame nukes off per mob for about 3 ro 4k damage and when I get pally to 64 I expect he'll have about twice the damage done with no medding needed as well as twice the hit point buffage on tanking sk. You think if I swap the druid in for the shaman he'll be able to heal against unslowed Hollows mobs? Remember sk is fairly gimp, maybe 6500 hps buffed with 1450 ac or so and not all Luclin defensive aa's yet.

Hereki

Possibly your best shot at glyphed runes is going to be BoT wing minis.  They are rare, but can drop - I think I saw one in all my time in BoT, but other people speak of them as if they were common, which certainly wasn't my experience.  Many guilds are still going to go through PoP as a progression, and the elemental bosses drop glyphed runes like candy, so there should still be a decent influx of 65 spells, which they won't need hardly at all.

Looks to me like you have two choices: first is to level to 65 and accumulate AAs, mainly in PoP and lower Omens zones.  You also need to gear up some, and the best shot at that is from groups in WoS.

You should be able to have a lot of success in HoH on the undead suits, if your pally has slay undead.  That plus shaman slowing should result in a decent kill rate and not too much damage taken.

The second option is to level to 70 fast, and catch up later.  This won't be easy as a trio, your best shot will be in groups, but that is also where you get a chance at gear drops.  Past 65 you are going to end up with hard LDoNs, so it would be best to milk LDoN now, even before 65, assuming that you are getting level 60 LDoNs.  Overtime wins don't matter (but think about slay undead, again), as you don't have the group to handle 65 hards.

Druid healing is competent, but not great; just better than shaman healing.  If you are going to use the druid, remember that shaman healing + slow > druid healing and no slow.  Druid can be there for one reason only - either healing or dps.

Dhantes

Pal or SK + shaman + druid your never really gonna be limited by your dps when you 3box. I mean dps is the easiest thing to get just pick up anyone lfg the hardest roles to fill are slower/healer/tank. And the most gear/aa important role in that is the tank folllowed by the healer. A poor tank will really hurt your ability to do certain mobs like for instance BoT mini's. Same thing with a poor healer.

Like 90% of the time if you want to 3box a mob like a name, its a mob where your healer normally loses 0-5% of mana per heal cast (ie near infinite healing cuz mob dps is lower then your mana regen rate) and your tank isn't getting killed before you have a chance to CH him.

The way i play is intentionally exp off hard mobs like high dark blue to low red preferable ones that my cleric doesn't lose mana off if he ch's me at 50% and the mobs normally take about 2 mins to kill each but give about 5%aaxp per kill. Now if i add say a wizard or rouge to group sure the mobs die 15-30secs faster and that means i get to pull 1 maybe if im lucky 2 more mobs per rotation but when you add in their share of the exp it doesn't really make a difference adding in more dps but survivablity does.

/shrug then again i was one of those people who liked to solo yellows and reds rather then slaughter a bunch of low dark blues...

negrismorte

can you box tank with druid and shammy? that way you get more healing, the slow, and some DPS from dots/nukes.

I was doing Oreen in BoT at 6k hp with LR unfinished in a group of 4.  Your trio should be able to handle the wing bosses for an occasional rune.