Main Menu

Ruined City of Dranik epic fight!

Started by Yzak, September 24, 2004, 05:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatbugs

Quote from: BriguyFVWhat about resisting the Discordant Feedback? If you have a bard in the group can it be resisted? This sounds like a hard fight but I have some friends that are up to a good challenge

It's chromatic resist, -300 check - unless you can get ALL your resists to 400 or so with a Bard's help (some people can) expect not to resist it.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Ryessa

so much for epic 1.5 being for the casual player.. my guild could never manage that hehe.

Tigarri

What kind of range are we talking about on the AE? Is it possible to heal the MT from outside of the range?

Edit: Nm...it's range 200 per Lucy...CHeal is 150 for comparison.

Bananea

The fight is not difficult.

The main monster only attacks for 840 max, some beastlords could solo him.

Three groups of elemental geared should have NO problem.

I'd guess you could one group it with Time geared folks.

Choppin

can the 5 warders or named be single pulled (via lowbie sowed pet ?) and killed ? (did that with named in dranik scar fight)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

TheOriginalGronker

Can the Bad Animist be singly pet-pulled?  If not, how many adds will come?

I want to show that the whole epic 1.5 can be done by as small a number as possible by a non-raider.

edit:  bah how did I not see that last message before I posted ...  :roll:

whabs

I did this fight lastnight with about 24 people my guild is time/god geared and this fight was very easy took like 10 min to kill the animist and all 5 warders only one in raid who died was a mage.

Lyrann

I could have swore that SoE said that 1.5 was for the non-harcore players ... oh well every thing they said about Omens seems to be a lie ... the time and elemental call this an easy fight but they also think hits for 800+ are weak ... sigh ... most be rough having tanks with 13K hp ... my guilds have 8K ish

maybe some day they will come out with another expantion for the casual players

Choppin

Ok did the fight, some things:

pet pulling will get you the 3 draconic guys out of the room, if you happen to have not cleared em,

however getting the animist or one of the pets solo with a pet pull did not seem to work, I gave it one shot and well I died (nevertheless unlike last berserker epic 1.5 fight, its ok if you die)

anyone can easily (run3 should do it, sow seemed already more than enough) kite animist and his 5 pets around the room, better have good resist / regen to live thru the 1k AE every minute

then have a sk single pull the pets out, and the whole thing becomes super easy, at last there is only the animist left and I guess if you can defeat hmm statue in Kael you should have np with him heh
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

whabs

Lyrann

Final mob for necro epic 1.5 hits for 3500 and can double and triple hit per round so 800 isnt alot. An 8k tank can tank bst final mob easy. I have heard of bst tanking him.

Grymlok

Um, if your tanks can't tank this, then I guess they aren't tanking XP groups in WoS and beyond?

The Berserker: Foecussed

Panthermask

Ok, did the fight tonight with 22 EP/Time geared people.  We found it to be a fairly easy yet fun fight.  We offtanked the adds and burned the Animist as people have suggested doing.  The key as I see it is getting pre-targets for the offtanks.  I saw a larger force than ours wipe because they ran in to try and zerg it.  Just take the time to get pre-targets and all will be well.
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Vorhees

Wanted to point out, that as far as I can tell, there is NO WAY to split the mobs up, other than having someone train them all around (and NOT DIE!) and have your group pick them off one by one.  I was testing it out, and nothing worked.  I tried harmonying the trash (and the named with the new harmony spell).  I tried pet pulling.  I tried pet pulling with the level 9 pet, and the pet DA'd.  I tried DA'ing them all to one wall, then pulling the boss off and leaving him and coming back with him split off from the group.

From what I can tell, unless the mobs are aggroed on someone else (ie someone training them around), if you aggro one, they all will come.  And if someone is training them around while you pick them off one by one, and that person dies, the others will run to assist the single mob that your group is killing.

Tanruk

Anyone try training the whole bunch outa caves, having trainer CoH'ed and then pick off Animist by himself as he is heading back?

Or while training mobs around room, pull Animist out of group first instead of picking off the other mobs one at a time?

Fionnah

Trick question... I have to wonder what happens if you get the cloak, do the turn-in, let another BST get the item who doesn't have the epic done to that point.  Will he get his epic?
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro