Main Menu

NDA LIFTED!!! SoF here we come

Started by Humlaine, November 12, 2007, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledze

Beasts  took a step back with this expansion ...

For the first time ..necro pets will out dps our Pets ....hopefully we can get the guy doing pets to change that ...

Our dps by spell(poison) takes a step back ...until you get new expansion focus's  you do less damage than if you use the old spell....Thats right ...right outta the box  the new spell is behind our old one ...

Swarm pet ...lets just say ...droool over mage swarm pet ...ours  bleh...

Melee ...looks to be a paltry 3% gain ...thats right 3% ....

What I expect to see ...is a rearrangement of class positions on parses.....Rangers are gonna own us like no tomorrow now....Mages  also look like they will parse higher than us .....with rogues parsing 4k in sof ..and serkers well being serkers .....We gonna be lucky to have just one beast in the top 15 on a parse ......Considering the next expansion will be in a year .....Within two months I expect to see the beastlord population decline significantly ...

Sledze

Sikkem

Did we get spell casting reinforcement mastery?

Actually there was a few AA"s on the mined list that looked interesting... did they all go missing?

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Sikkem

Quote from: Humlaine on November 12, 2007, 08:46:04 PM
I dont know about that but they are pretty hot imo, 1000% better then what we have on live

Well my last pet couldn't solo the steppes, mage pets are soloing AG and some Katta zones.. can our pets do that at least?

JillieMT

Quote from: Sledze on November 12, 2007, 11:29:41 PM
Beasts  took a step back with this expansion ...

For the first time ..necro pets will out dps our Pets ....hopefully we can get the guy doing pets to change that ...

Our dps by spell(poison) takes a step back ...until you get new expansion focus's  you do less damage than if you use the old spell....Thats right ...right outta the box  the new spell is behind our old one ...

Swarm pet ...lets just say ...droool over mage swarm pet ...ours  bleh...

Melee ...looks to be a paltry 3% gain ...thats right 3% ....

What I expect to see ...is a rearrangement of class positions on parses.....Rangers are gonna own us like no tomorrow now....Mages  also look like they will parse higher than us .....with rogues parsing 4k in sof ..and serkers well being serkers .....We gonna be lucky to have just one beast in the top 15 on a parse ......Considering the next expansion will be in a year .....Within two months I expect to see the beastlord population decline significantly ...

Sledze

Interesting how we have a full page of fairly positive information from some of our regular posters, and suddenly this one is contradictory to the rest.

Anyways, welcome to the board Sledze  :-)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Sledze

Shrug  ...............Huml  can correct anything that isnt correct ......where we end up in parses  is my own opinion ....

Sikkem

I am not having a go here as I know what a pain in the arse beta's are and I appreciate the work done by all...

Quote from: Humlaine on November 12, 2007, 07:06:49 PM
I think we are sitting in a good spot in terms of actually being useful on raids and even solo wise we are looking great, groupable stuff we are looking at almost solteris level armor with around anguish level weaponry - Our spells are decent, and our aa's totally rock, nodyin did a fantastic job on aa's and Rytan made pets 1000% better then what they were for all pet classes.

Most of all welcome to SoF!!!

I am not sure what on that list apart from another paragon upgrade makes us useful on raids? Solo I can see we got a few useful tools.

The groupable stuff are you saying we can now tank mobs that will give us solteris level armour and anguish weaponry or that's what we need to be able to tank in this new expansion?

I am not sure our spells are even decent 2 pet runes, a lot say they don't use the ones we have now (not to mention an AA that seems on paper to do a better job) and another ferocity, which hasn't been useful since what GoD? A Growl upgrade that at the moment doesn't appear to be an upgrade and the Pet haste thing is sad (I assume it also means no snare?). Another Howl, while the last one was fun I thought we needed (and still do) a big burst dps tool and a Howl like the mages received would have rocked for this, the current one is to unreliable for burst dps (getting 4 out).

AA's look great and the pet improvements seem great on paper but no where near what the mages are dancing about.

I am looking forward to getting to 80 so I can do aa's but there isn't one spell there that I see and say "Can't wait till I get that level"

Jillie I know we have a page of "mostly" positive stuff, take a trip to some other boards, they have pages and pages of positive stuff. The lack of response on here from beastlords either says hardly any were in beta or most think its pretty bleh.

Sikkem

Quote from: Humlaine on November 12, 2007, 07:06:49 PM

Fortify Companion - Reduces the damage your pet takes from damage shields and increases is migiation from melee and spells up to a point - from what I've seen I cant remember the total he its a ton of mitigation in terms of its not a one hit wonder, it lasts for a really long time usually the buff wears off before it will be striped off from AE's or damage.

From the mages board

Fortify Companion:
Requirements: Level 71/74/77
Cost: 6/6/6
Massive Vie effect on pet; 10 minute duration, 30 minute refresh
Spell data at Rk. 3:
Slot 1: Increase Damage Shield Mitigation (40)
Slot 2: Increase Chance to Avoid Melee by 40%
Slot 4: Mitigate Spell Damage by 10% until 100000 absorbed
Slot 5: Mitigate Melee Damage by 10% until 100000 absorbed
Slot 7: Increase AC by 29 (Raw spell data: 100.00)
This is intended to increase raid survivability but I worked it out with Nod so that you should be able to keep it up on a pet through 2/3 of a Lesson burn (cast in Hall, suspend pet, wait 30 minutes for the refresh to pop back up, go solo, pop it again after the first 10 minutes you've stored up have been depleted)
It doesn't fade after X damage- it lasts the duration.

Humlaine

hardly any where in beta in terms of beastlords, I think at most 10 that even frequent or are posters on EQlive and here

Romulus-Zek

I'm not a big poster but read a lot.  I like what I have read so far.  Typically I don't compare myself too closely with other classes as it tends to make me crazy.  I have other characters like cleric and warrior.  Warrior seems to have gotten some attn so I am happy for that.  The cleric, meh, as long as she can hot ch hot ch all is good.  But then I am more a grouper than a raider atm.

Thanks to the beta testers and Humlaine.

Regards,
Romulus

Gaeastar

Yeah I didn't manage to make the beta this time or with TBS too much going on in real life.
[code:1]
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 68 - Beastlord - Tunare
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 71 - Beastlord - Povar
[/code:1]

Silent and swift i walk always on the dark side of the moon ever searching for the new and wonderous experiences that the world has in store for those who bother to look.

Romulus-Zek

Oh and as for the guard...theoretically you could do 3/3 of lesson...make two pets in GL, suspend the first, wait ten minutes, ward the second, wait 30 more minutes and go do lesson.  Poof the first pet after 20 min then have the other one for the next 10.  Lot of waiting on refresh tho.

Sikkem

Some more information from mages board with regards to their pets... will give you a ballpark area for ours.

GOING LIVE PETS:

LVL 76 AIR PET:

Unfocused: Max Hit: 257; HP: ; DPS: 268
Ritual Summoning: Max Hit: 278; HP: ; DPS: 284
Minion of Discord: Max Hit: 283; HP: ; DPS: 296
Servant of Chaos: Max Hit: 288; HP: ; DPS: 299
Spire Servant: Max Hit: 293; HP: ; DPS: 308 (Something funky in the parses)
Servitor of Scale: Max Hit: 298; HP: ; DPS: 307
Enhanced Minion I: Max Hit: 303; HP: ; DPS: 317
Enhanced Minion II: Max Hit: 308; HP: ; DPS: 323
Enhanced Minion III: Max Hit: 313; HP: ; DPS: 327
Enhanced Minion IV: Max Hit: 318; HP: ; DPS: 331

QuoteUnfocused air pet is around 17.5k HP,

Wirehog

Damn, I love what I see. Hopefully I'll be able to find sometime to get on and play again.

Grubar

This stuff looks like a great thing.  Just hope it actually parses that way. Raid utility still looks highly limited, unless our dps is significantly been increased to the point that we we are valuable for prolonged dps. Personally i was hoping for some troll leather graphics upgrades..lol since my gear visually looks identical from lvl 10 to lvl 75 Ashengate gear.
Grubar Gnomeater

Nusa

I'd rather not have the group haste at all if it's going to be implemented in such an annoying fashion -- if they aren't going to make the group haste of reasonable length, ask them to remove the recourse entirely! I suspect a majority of beastlords would agree with me.

It's not THAT hard to use my mana-free haste clickie six times instead, or to hand out potions. Looks like I'll be sticking with Unparalleled Voracity for my pet haste. I don't lose anything significant, since growl has a larger damage modifier.

Some of those AA's do look pretty promising!