Main Menu

Ferocity!

Started by larzzus, January 09, 2004, 12:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larzzus

Took a look at my guy in the bazaar this morning before heading off to work.  Did some nice trading overnight and had 18k saved (creating level 55+ spells with my necromancer, words of awareness anyone?).  Its taken weeks of LDoN'ing and then creating spells to get that cash.

Took a look at the beastlord spells available as I always do when I'm in the bazaar, and lo and behold Ferocity for 16k.  Now the market on the Nameless has shot up anyway and up until last night I hadn't seen ferocity for anywhere less than 25k.  One guy was selling for 18k but I didn't have the money at the time until this morning so I left it.

16k was more than I wanted to pay (considering I'll need another 30k+ for Sha's Revenge) but I feel that with the removal of the dot component the spell is worth more than when I was first looking.

Looking forward to scribing and testing this out when I get home from work.  I also managed to get my 6th AA last night banked and bought SCR3 so my buffs are now extended by 45% (using Ceramic Shield).  This should help Ferocity alot and give me even more value out of my hard earned plat.

Let me all know what you think of Ferocity and whether I've been foolish and spent 16k that could've gone towards Sha's.

Larzzus
Member of 'Empire of Deceit' on The Nameless
Larzzus - 65 Feral Lord on The Nameless
Spirit Callers

Kylaz

Gratz on your baron title.
On fero, I bought it for 17K on Ayonae Ro, and sold it for 17K5 some days after, when I finally found a rune... The price you paid seems correct, as rune spells prices don't seem to be much lower than months ago.

This said, I think you should have kept your money until you could buy sha - I've received a lot of tell beginning with: "you got your 65 slow ?" when LFG. If you're mostly raiding, though, fero will be a welcome addition to your guild, and the absence of Sha is less important.

To raise money faster, and have a small chance to get your missing rune, I'd recommend to go Exping in BoT. Mini named there sometimes drop a rune (I've seen 3 in perhaps a hundred named down). An ornate mold/pattern drop there would also be enough for you to buy Sha.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

larzzus

Hi Kilaz - lol, I've been venerable for a while now, just finished 6 AA to complete SCR3 last night ;)

To be honest not having the 65 slow isn't as much of a problem as I'd anticipated.  I have spent more time recently in groups in LDoN or BoT that have me as the main slower as a chanter isn't available and the cleric's fight alongside with their proccing hammers because they're bored still.

I think that i may hold off scribing on your advice but I don't use savagery (ever) due to the dot cost.  I'm kind of in two minds on this.  As for getting a rune in BoT, there is a possibility that I could get Revenge upon turn in so I'm not convinced about not scribing atm.

Anyone else's opinion on whether I should hold out and sell Ferocity and hope for a rune and get Sha's first then Ferocity, or should I just scribe be done with it and enjoy the spell I do have?

Larzzus
Spirit Callers

Pojodan

I paid 25k for a rune MQ a long while back and got Ferocity so I just took it.  After about 75AAs earned in BoT I saw runes drop twice and I, naturally, lost on both.  
A few months later I had 45k sitting in the bank and someone put two copies of Revenge up for 35k so I grabbed it.

Seems like, from what I'd read elsewhere, that it's truely hit-and-miss purchasing these spells.

My best advice is to pass on Ferocity and save up 40k or so then watch the bazaar like a hawk till Revenge gets put up for sale.

You may disappoint the occational Ranger by not having Fero, but having Revenge means you can be main slower for any group, making you a lot more desirable over all.

larzzus

Thanks for the advice everyone.

However, I took a decision and scribed the spell.  I'm sure that Revenge will be overall more useful but I just felt that scribing the spell means I don't have to worry about getting again especially if I do manage to get a rune and end up just getting ferocity, I can then sell for a small amount quickly to add to my money.

I am actually impressed with it and it negates any 1hb or 2hb atk loss but the main reason I'm impressed with this is the resists.  I'm looking to get about FT7 or 8 as soon as possible with ornate boots and ldon aug's to get there.  If I manage to get ft8 or 9, thats one more ferocity that won't effectively be costing me mana and I can then solo and group with ferocity being cast on at least the tank, etc.

As far as sha's goes, its been up quite frequently for about 45k ish so I'm not so worried about not getting it.  Its just going to take a while to raise the cash, but I do agree that Revenge will be overall more beneficial to solo, grouping and raids.

Larzzus
Spirit Callers

Zhamok

I was lucky enough to buy Sha's Revenge on the last day of 2003 for 50K. Ferocity was selling for 35K for a long time and nobody was buying. My advice is when you see, and you have the pp it, buy it.

Fozzik

A very good friend of mine who's in a high-end guild got ahold of a spell rune and got Sha's revenge on his first turn in. It had been selling for between 60-80k on Sol Ro... so I was really lucky. He gave me a rather steap discount. =)
I just got ferocity last night... it had been selling for about 20-25k, but I had seen it for as low as 15k a couple times. Up until day before yesterday I thought the spell used a dot (I have an out-of-date version of foofy's spell list  :roll: ) so I hadn't really looked twice at it. I got it for 13k. =) I'm just praying I don't end up like a shm with FA in LDoN groups... a slave to my timer, as it were. hehe

fozz
Fozzik - Feral Lord, Sol Ro

larzzus

I used ferocity in a 3 person cycle last night for the first time.  We had an ldon and I wasn't main slower or second slower, chanter did the slowing and cc for a change.

Doing pure dps I decided that the group would benefit from ferocity so I kept it on the tank (Pally) and monk to start with but most people don't tell you when its down so it was difficult to time (i don't actually wish to use a timer device).

I had chanter mind buffs, plus SD, plus the necro was wracking where possible and my paragon meant that my mana levels were good.  I started casting on myself first, then when it'd pop I cast on the tank, then on the monk.  This worked out pretty well and I am actually getting to love this spell solo and grouping.

Took me a while to get used to checking to see whether the gem had popped back though  :wink:

On a good note though I've managed to save up another 12.5kpp for Revenge, woohoo, go me.  Only another 27.5k to go.../sigh

Larzzus
Spirit Callers

Tastian

Depending on the group I'll keep fero on up to 4 people.  I usually just cast on myself, soon as it pops back up cast on F1 if they need or F2, wait for pop, F2 or F3 if they need, etc.  This gives me a small window of not casting fero once it's on the last person and pops back up.  SCR and Focus really help with fero.  Without them it's simply impossible to keep it on 4 people, with it it's doable although a manastrain for some.  Good luck on revenge it's awesome too.

Rhaynne

I'm really surprised that rune spells are still so expensive.  I'm rather detached from that market these days, but I'll definately keep that in mind as I make of habit of handing down what I can to beastlords on my server.

Had I still been on Nameless, Iarzzus, I would have hooked you up with a copy.  That's how Kinal got his =)

larzzus

HI Rhaynne

Nice to see you've got along on your new server!

Ya, prices are mad.  Saw 8 copies over this weekend alone.  But get this, the lowest price was 40k.  Can you believe it?  One guy even had 4 copies of it for sale, now that has got to be Yantis or moving from Legends.   What a ripoff.

On the up side, I have 15k now saved.

I'm currently trying to get a rune MQ at a reduced rate which hopefully will yield Revenge.  If not I'll have a copy of Ferocity to sell which will put me back on the saving road.

Larzzus
Spirit Callers

UnrulyKitten

Prices are also very server dependent of course. On Bristlebane one of the uber guilds has stacks (well you get the idea) of Ferocity at 11K and Sha's Revenge for 32K on one of their bazaar mules.

Unruly

TerjynPovar

On Povar it's been a month since Ferocity or Sha's Revenge has even been for sale.  I don't know what happened, they used to always be there until now when I actually can afford them. :(

It's so weird too...one day there was pretty much every 63+ spell for sale...multiple copies.  The next the only thing you can reliably find is Frost Spear.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

larzzus

On the Nameless we seem to have an abundance of these spells.  Ferocity seems to sit at 30k which is well overpriced although there seem to be a permanent 2 for sale atm.

One guy had 4 copies of Revenge at 40k which I think is just plain greedy.  4 copies, can you believe!

Saw Revenge for 34.5k this weekend which is the lowest ever.  Currently have 26k saved now as I started stripping my nec to get this damn spell.

One of the other things I'm doing to raise cash is create spells that sell well with my necro.  I bought a couple of yaeth's parts yesterday for about 15pp each when most of the pricing is in the 600pp mark.  I'm hoping to make a few grand profit on these ones.

I'm actually wondering whether it would be better buying some decent h2h weapons with the money now and just hope that I get a rune at some point.

One of the other things I'm doing is to /auction for a Rune MQ, but no-one selling atm.

Larzzus
Spirit Callers

TerjynPovar

I'm happy to report both spells were for sale this morning, for the first time in over a month.  Fero for 25K and Revenge for 45K, so expensive, but maybe this time of crisis has passed. :)
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server